Countess D'If: I guess I'm a step mom now?

Countess D'If

Long story short, The Marine's 16 year old is going to live here now. Details re: why shall not be forthcoming. I have thoughts.

But we need a hard core regime and schedule because we have to be adults now. Ugh, that sounds like the fucking worst. IDONNWANNAADULLLLLLLLLLT!

So I need to get this family out of bed at 7 am on weekdays from now on and forever, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten. You know, like the families in commercials.

Night time routine on weekdays will be homework, supper, relax a bit, 8:00 time to clean up supper, clean up bedrooms (things have been chaotic, laundry-wise), brush teeths. Bed at 8:30. You know, like in the commercials.

This also either helps me with my stupid plan to upstage my mother in law's fourth wedding that she is forcing us all to go to, or it throws a spanner into those super duper mature works. I'm not sure which. Either way, I have until the 28th of February. I'm setting a petty fitness goal to work out until then. I have a gym routine. I like it. I'll go in the mornings. FOR reals, this wedding is a LOT extra and the Marine and I are very looking forward to how silly this is going to be. It's Gatsby themed. I found a dress. This is going to be so  so silly.

I also want to do couch to 5K. To that end, I will sign up for a 5K on mother's day. Yay.

• Like 9

I went to the gym this morning. Did arm workout things and walked for half an hour on the treadmill while watching The Office. Showered, brushed teeth, blew out my hair. Forgot to put on make up (?). Took my pills. Got 10,000 steps on the ole fitbit. Should have eaten more, but #A, I'm nervous and #B I've been in Court or on the phone ALL DAMN DAY!! GRRRRR! I legit even took yogurt to work so I wouldn't skip lunch. Best laid plans. . .

1,240 Calories in

3,196 Calories Out

1,956 Calorie deficit

11,524 steps

It is now 20:35. Midget Mayhem is in her jammies, her teeth are brushed. My teeth are brushed and flossed. She is super sick to her stomach (Legit ate about a gallon of christmas chocolate while I was doing laundry. Why are children?) so I'm being nice and letting her snuggle and hang out in my bed. I'm the worst. But also, The Marine isn't here so everything is off anyway. He's getting The 16-Year Old™ tomorrow morning then heading to court with his ex-wife to file some papers before he and MIL bring The 16-Year Old™ here. I'm nervous. Midget Mayhem is nervous and excited. And sick to her stomach. But that is 100% her own fault and as my mother loves to say, "I have no sympathy for you."

• Like 5

I'm sorry for all the adulting. Life sometimes demands these things. You can do this though :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Happy New Year! Happy Wednesday. I have a hell of a headache that I hope goes away so I can go to the gym. I'm afraid it's going to be a migraine. Boo. 

The Marine and The 16-Year Old™ are here. She seems fine. Nothing near as bad as what we were expecting. She's a lot like her dad, so they haven't shut up for two whole minutes since they got here 🤣 We're in a honeymoon phase, everyone is getting to know each other. The Marine and I are optimistic. He's going to deal with the logistical stuff-doctors, school (how does one enroll a kid in school in January? I actually DO not know.) 

We had a big post-holiday purge, so we need to take some stuff to storage. We have a bunch of rubbermaid bins, but no lids for some reason? And I have been doing laundry MY WHOLE LIFE! I am so damn sick of laundry! I think we have 3-4 more loads? Ugh. 

Yesterday was an OK day, food and step-wise, even though I didn't make it to the gym

2,118 Calories in

3,128 Calories Out

1,010 Calorie Deficit

5,847 steps

• Like 5

Happy New Year!!

Good luck with all the laundry. You can do it!

• Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

14 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Getting ready for the week, the year, the life. It feels like an important day. But it’s not. It’s just Sunday. 

I had the same feeling last night and no idea why. Yes, I am back to work today, but the Agents aren't. I wonder if its the "well, time to return to the real world" kinda thing.

14 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

The Marine is going to get The 16-Year Old™ enrolled in high school tomorrow because the school district was closed.

Hope high school goes well.

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I had the same feeling last night and no idea why. Yes, I am back to work today, but the Agents aren't. I wonder if its the "well, time to return to the real world" kinda thing

I think that combined with the hype about IT’S A NEW DECADE!!! makes it feel important? Idk. It’s Monday. 😊

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hope high school goes well.

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

And here I thought 16 year olds were more or less self sufficient... you just water them and show them where the food is.

As someone who was homeschooled through high school and at university by 16, I am grossly under qualified to supervise a real life high schooler. 

Also, no one warned me about the food consumption capacity of a 16-year old girl. Holy Moly, y’all!

• Haha 6

I made it to the gym this morning. I was a wee bit late, but I went and I did the things. I can’t remember if I mentioned it, but I have a bum rotator cuff on the left, so I’m trying to stretch it out and take care of it. It’s funny using the arm fly machine with literally no weight because my shoulder is too much of a weenie to even add 10 lbs right now 😂 Trying to focus on my left arm while not hitting myself in the face with my perfectly fine right arm is super entertaining to me

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Rookie said:

And here I thought 16 year olds were more or less self sufficient... you just water them and show them where the food is.

Nope, never assume that. That's when you get a phone call at work saying "Hey the blu ray doesn't work, can you fix it?" This may of been my day from Eldest Agent

10 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

As someone who was homeschooled through high school and at university by 16, I am grossly under qualified to supervise a real life high schooler. 

You may be more qualified than you think. You were doing smart things at 16 as opposed to some of us.

10 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Also, no one warned me about the food consumption capacity of a 16-year old girl. Holy Moly, y’all!

Girls are NOTHING compared to boys at this age. OMG, one frozen pizza eaten solo and then he still wants a cookie, and some chips and a salad and.....  This may be part of the reason I garden, to FEED him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I met Cruella De Vil’s less nice brother and it completely deflated me. I was doing pretty well, but I allowed myself to slip back into my poor me BS and skipped the gym this morning. despite the fact it PROBABLY would have helped get me out of my funk. 

I really don’t need the depression to make a come back. I’m just now kind of functioning. It’s sitting in the pit of my stomach, waiting for a chance to eat me again. 

So I’ll go to the gym after work. I don’t have time for this. 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

I allowed myself to slip back into my poor me BS and skipped the gym this morning. despite the fact it PROBABLY would have helped get me out of my funk. 

I hate this aspect of human nature. In a funk? Yeah, everything that would help with that just got 10 times harder than the things that will make it worse. 

Best of luck getting to the gym after work and beating this thing back.

• Like 2

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

HI COUNTESS I LOVE YOU

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 1/7/2020 at 12:20 PM, Countess D'If said:

Yesterday I met Cruella De Vil’s less nice brother and it completely deflated me. I was doing pretty well, but I allowed myself to slip back into my poor me BS and skipped the gym this morning. despite the fact it PROBABLY would have helped get me out of my funk. 

I really don’t need the depression to make a come back. I’m just now kind of functioning. It’s sitting in the pit of my stomach, waiting for a chance to eat me again. 

So I’ll go to the gym after work. I don’t have time for this. 

I totally understand all of this. Just remember you are awesome and we are glad you are here. Oh and while I am not sure if you are a Carrie Fisher fan, but 

space-mom.jpg?w=584

• Like 6