Juice Bar - Rebel Hang Out

Wobbegong

9FLY.gifWelcome to the Juice Bar, the Rebels home away from home! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

If this is your first challenge here at NF, please post your challenge in the Level 1 / First Time Challengers subforum.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, tell us something nerdy about yourself, and share a gif!  

Have questions? Want some feedback? Ask away! Just want to hang out and chat? Awesome! Want to hide in the corner for a bit? Have a drink on us. 

• Like 3

Hello and welcome! I'm Wobbegong, Guild Leader here in Rebel.

I've had some trouble staying present on the forums these past twenty months, but I'll try to do better this year. Please bear with me in the meantime.

Something nerdy about myself... I'm currently working on my submissions for a female-centric FFVII charity fanzine, to be completed coinciding with the release of the FFVII Remake. It's been a lot of fun to work with people from different parts of the fandom, since we can get a bit self-segregated.

tumblr_pr9f3o7yoU1wnplkro1_400.gifv

• Like 7

Hello! Sif reporting in!

After being absent for months, I'm back again.

These past months have been going great and I hope to set that trend forward into the new year!

Something nerdy about myself hmmm.

I love making Excel and Google sheets for just about everything XD I have sheets for D&D, games, tracking food, tracking finances and more.

tenor.gif

• Like 6

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I'm Whisper,

I'm trying to figure out the whole "be a functional and healthy adult" thing. I like being here because there are a bunch of other people trying to figure out the same shit. I work, I play the violin and hand bells for my church, I paint.

Something nerdy about me, I learned to love reading on Star Wars books, and I do not know that I will ever be able to forgive Disney for jettisoning the Extended Universe and making the abominations they're calling sequels.

Spent a long time trying to decide on a gif. Looks like I'm going with this one:

mtv movie awards GIF

• Like 4

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

Athaclena here. Been making minor modifications over the last few years. Some have taken - some haven't. STILL trying to move to Chattanooga - that WILL happen 2020. We've made SOLID progress over the last 2 months.... I'm mainly working on eating better and trying to move more - because as I inch ever closer to 50 (YIKES) - this extra weight is gonna be BRUTAL - and I'm just sick and tired of being tired......

Something nerdy about me. I am an all around nerd. D&D? Yep. Star Trek or Star Wars? Uh - not picking. Can't make me. Science Nerd? Guilty. Computers? Well, it's made a darn good career so far (for over 2 decades).

Basically., I'm a nerd...
giphy.gif

• Like 5

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Hi My name is Bean Sidhe (Banshee) but most everyone just calls me Bean.

I am a mom, working part time, going to college (and hopefully graduating in May), dealing with more than most and trying to not fail too bad at it. I am here to work on that, to work on getting healthy since I sadly saw first hand what putting yourself too far down the list can do.

Something nerdy about me... well, I am raising nerds. Its a regular thing around here and forever confounds my family and inlaws. They don't get it when I am proud my kids named the new black cat tree Barad-dûr or that Youngest Agent requires that if her or her brother dies, the surviving child moves into the smaller bed room and we turn the bigger bed room into a library for the dead child to haunt. She wants to stack books like in ghostbusters.

26891675.gif

• Like 7

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

My name is J3nn. I am a web project manager/director/product owner. I am bullet journaling, drawing and crocheting as my creative outlets. I wish that crafting counted as exercise.

Something nerdy about me is that I'm drawing an R2D2 for a friend as a late Christmas present. Three Halloweens ago we decorated all the Star Wars things and all dressed up as characters to give out the candy. 

• Like 6

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Image result for I'm back gif

mom2sjm.  been a member of NF for 7 years (wow!) but it's been awhile since I've been active.  I'm back though for the next challenge because I need some accountability :)

something nerdy about me.  hmmm.  I collect coins and stamps.  I feel that pressed pennies are the best souvenir.  I love to make lists, on paper with a pencil (Palomino Blackwing).  

• Like 7

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

Hi.  I'm Chesire.  I've been working out for years, but erratically.  I'm here to organize my efforts and work to actual goals.

Something nerdy about me.  I changed my NF name a few months ago.  I was trying to be so careful, make sure I had something I was happy with, make sure I spelled it right.  Hit enter.  Saw it was spelled wrong.  Ugh.  Decided this suits me just fine since it is a pretty good description of what I'm like.  Try hard and miss the small stuff. 🤣

And I like puzzles of all kinds. 

• Like 5

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

Hey, everybody, Mahalak here!

I've been in NF for almost exact 3 years. I'm grateful to know this community is here, even if I read your stuff much more than I post my stuff. Thanks for accepting my introverted self!

The past year has not been what I'd hoped on the fitness front. But five days into the new year I haven't lost any ground, and have some pride in making it to the gym twice a week (at least) for over sixty straight weeks. I continue to grow into accepting that my personal goal is fitness and health, rather than "stronger." At nearly 57YO, living well to a ripe old age is a more important goal than the NFL combine or fitting into my spidey suit! So I do a full-body workout 2-3 times a week, increasing week by week, focusing on compound exercises, and mixing up the exercises I do.

If referring to my spidey suit isn't proof enough of my nerdiness, I resemble this remark a little too well: "Nerd: Someone who enjoys learning and obtaining new information in general for it's own sake, often without discrimination to different areas of knowledge." My longform reading list is ridiculous! And so...

giphy.gif

• Like 6

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

19 hours ago, Mahalak said:

"Nerd: Someone who enjoys learning and obtaining new information in general for it's own sake, often without discrimination to different areas of knowledge." My longform reading list is ridiculous! And so...

I so feel this.....

I'm in a FB "fan" group for an author and someone posted what else you read and I'm like - Sci Fi, Mystery, Horror, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Non-Fiction/History, Fictionalized History, well - anything that catches my eye and is a good read LOL. But the arguments over author x is better than y had me miffed. Yes, some people are better world builders - or simply need better editors - but as long as I like the story - I don't care. Don't hate on someone because they happen to like author y's stories better than x - even if author x is a better world builder. Can't people just get along any more?

So then I have to back away - because then I start to volunteer as a mod so I can officially smack down people - but don't really have to time to do it LOL.

• Like 5

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

#stillmadabouttheapplejuicecup2k20

edit: also, hi. am Flea. just passed my 6th nerdaversary on Sunday - I guess I'm here because you'll never get rid of me? nerdiest thing I can think of right now is that I'm desperately trying to figure out which episode @Athaclena's gif came from. (I want to say Season 8 somewhere but that's as far as I've gotten.)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

43 minutes ago, fleaball said:

nerdiest thing I can think of right now is that I'm desperately trying to figure out which episode @Athaclena's gif came from. (I want to say Season 8 somewhere but that's as far as I've gotten.)

I watched the first 12 seasons in a whirlwind marathon (over several weeks) - so I couldn't POSSIBLY pinpoint a season for you LOL.

• Like 3

My Recipe Thread

Spoiler

*ahem*

HERE YE. HERE YE. 

I'm here to spread the word.

Image result for stretching gifs funny

The Warriors are doing a mobility mini for the duration of this challenge. We'd love to come by and stay a stretch. 

It is self tracked and mostly about the learning rather than the competition. We wouldn't want to overreach on this challenge.

Hope to see you there!

Image result for stretching gifs funny

• Like 4

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 1/7/2020 at 11:01 PM, Athaclena said:

I watched the first 12 seasons in a whirlwind marathon (over several weeks) - so I couldn't POSSIBLY pinpoint a season for you LOL.

I asked twitter. Apparently it's from Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie (7.14). Hooray for useless information.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hi Rebels! Visiting with ya'll for a bit in the new year :) Getting back into a forum habit as my life has changed recently and I need support and accountability to build new habits for my sparkly new routine! In the fitness world I do the things, weights, body weight, Kung Fu, running, and recently developed a taste for throwback rollerskating :DDD

I'm an art and theater nerd, love crafting and painting and writing and all of the cartoons and most of the anime and I go to Cons by myself sometimes and I never have the energy to cosplay but I want someone to sort of just, cosplay on me (But not in a weird way.) I like games like the Sims and Stardew Valley and here is my contribution to nerdy star wars craft (done in my jams during the holidays)

mGeyZ8a.jpg

also omg dude 😂😂😂

On 1/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, Grumble said:

We'd love to come by and stay a stretch

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, RedStone said:

I like games like the Sims and Stardew Valley and here is my contribution to nerdy star wars craft (done in my jams during the holidays)

mGeyZ8a.jpg

Okay, first off  Youngest Agent of Chaos just like screamed and yelled "I NEED ONE" to the picture.

A fellow Stardew fan. So cool, welcome to the forums Farmer and sadly, we don't have stardrops but we can pretend to have Juminos.

9738603a65b6ea4c59a0129c9cc23dbd.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Okay, first off  Youngest Agent of Chaos just like screamed and yelled "I NEED ONE" to the picture.

A fellow Stardew fan. So cool, welcome to the forums Farmer and sadly, we don't have stardrops but we can pretend to have Juminos.

JUMINOS!!!! I was just thinking I should do a cross stitch with them, but I'm just started a plumbob with simlish for a friend. Just like the last bundle in the community center, I will get to you summer year 2 little jumis!!!!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, RedStone said:

JUMINOS!!!! I was just thinking I should do a cross stitch with them, but I'm just started a plumbob with simlish for a friend. Just like the last bundle in the community center, I will get to you summer year 2 little jumis!!!!

Youngest Agent wants to learn to crosstitch to make Juminos. I told her when I graduate in May we will have time, but sadly, not right now. Those summer bundles.. I really just want to the do the "Keepers of the forest" picture with the hut and the juminos..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Youngest Agent wants to learn to crosstitch to make Juminos. I told her when I graduate in May we will have time, but sadly, not right now. Those summer bundles.. I really just want to the do the "Keepers of the forest" picture with the hut and the juminos..

So good, and pixel art really lends itself to cross stitch! I have a few really big projects I chip away at(mostly tapping into my anatomy nerd side) but the little ones are such a delight too. And so sweet when I see people stitching with their kiddos, I belong to a nerdy and snarky xstitch group on facebook and see a lot of mommas doing that! 

• Like 2