Juice Bar - Rebel Hang Out

Wobbegong

Image result for i'm alive gif

Hey, NightWatcher here, been a while but I'm back. Hopefully this time I'll be able to stick around the forums better.

Something nerdy - I really only played part of one session of D&D before I started DMing, because I couldn't get anyone else who had actually played before to do it lol. Now almost 3 years later, that first campaign I started is nearing its close.

• Like 5

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Hey guys! Sooooooo by the powers that be (*cough* TANK *cough* ) I have a shiny new GL badge! The winds have been blowing me in this direction for awhile now and it seems like the right time, so I'll be coming on as a new Rebel Guild Leader! If anyone needs anything at all - questions, concerns, issues, non issues, please don't hesitate to come my way!

tenor.gif?itemid=5692178

Meanwhile, what's all ya'lls feelings about mini challenges? like them? miss them? not really your bag? There's always time for a mini-mini-mini challenge, maybe we can squeeze one more in this round if there's interest :) 

• Like 10
55 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Hey guys! Sooooooo by the powers that be (*cough* TANK *cough* ) I have a shiny new GL badge! The winds have been blowing me in this direction for awhile now and it seems like the right time, so I'll be coming on as a new Rebel Guild Leader! If anyone needs anything at all - questions, concerns, issues, non issues, please don't hesitate to come my way!

tenor.gif?itemid=5692178

Meanwhile, what's all ya'lls feelings about mini challenges? like them? miss them? not really your bag? There's always time for a mini-mini-mini challenge, maybe we can squeeze one more in this round if there's interest :) 

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

16 hours ago, RedStone said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5692178

Congrats!

I tend to float in and out of minis depending on what they are and how well they gel with my goals. Not a fan of anything roleplay-related so I tend to avoid that kind of mini. (I know, I'm on the wrong website...) If you want to start something up this round I'll attempt it. But in return I want to know what the surprise is for next challenge. >D

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

But in return I want to know what the surprise is for next challenge. >D

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

I tend to float in and out of minis depending on what they are and how well they gel with my goals.

Eh, I really just want to get to know the guild members, the rhythms of the challenges here and all that. No need to push an agenda that doesn't help anyone, or distracts from people's goals imo. Maybe down the road I'll try one of those micro-mini's, just one week, or whatever. Maybe.

Not a fan of anything roleplay-related so I tend to avoid that kind of mini. (I know, I'm on the wrong website...)

And that stuff takes SO. LONG. to put together. I was a GL over with the warriors for a few years now, and it's a lot of work and time that you end up volunteering, add in a long narrative that needs to be updated every week??? If it's not helping anyone, then what's the point? Less work for me lol

• Like 6
On 1/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, RedStone said:

Eh, I really just want to get to know the guild members, the rhythms of the challenges here and all that. No need to push an agenda that doesn't help anyone, or distracts from people's goals imo. Maybe down the road I'll try one of those micro-mini's, just one week, or whatever. Maybe.

We have commitment issues. (And by we ... I mean I)

I like minis but tend to shy away from them if they are exercise related. If its focused around squats/push ups/pull ups/planks my main reaction will probably be LOL NOPE byyyyyye. Or if its exercise related and longer than 15 mins I am less likely to do it. But that is me. We have a very large range of personalities/goals here lol 

On 1/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, RedStone said:

And that stuff takes SO. LONG. to put together. I was a GL over with the warriors for a few years now, and it's a lot of work and time that you end up volunteering, add in a long narrative that needs to be updated every week??? If it's not helping anyone, then what's the point? Less work for me lol

T_T Found that out the hard way hahaha We put so much effort into the Jumanji one lol I didn't realize how much work it would be. I have big appreciation for people willing to volunteer for those things now. 

• Like 5

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

T_T Found that out the hard way hahaha We put so much effort into the Jumanji one lol I didn't realize how much work it would be. I have big appreciation for people willing to volunteer for those things now. 

I thought you all did a really good job with the Jumanji challenge, and it was fun trying a bunch of different things that I wouldn't have otherwise, but yeah, I can see that a whole lot of work went into it, and it is hard to keep rolling with them when other stuff comes up. I fail at sticking with my own challenge for the 5 weeks, much less an added mini. 

• Like 5

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

As much as I love the roleplay challenges - they always seem to coincide with me not having enough time to actually read through them - much less do them :)

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

27 minutes ago, Rookie said:

We have commitment issues. (And by we ... I mean I)

I like minis but tend to shy away from them if they are exercise related. If its focused around squats/push ups/pull ups/planks my main reaction will probably be LOL NOPE byyyyyye. Or if its exercise related and longer than 15 mins I am less likely to do it. But that is me. We have a very large range of personalities/goals here lol 

I'm of different minds with the whole thing - it's cool to have an opportunity to try something new, step out of our comfort zones etc, but the personal challenges are where we put our goals, our why, really all of our energy, and adding too much rando stuff to that can weaken the whole experience. I'm into the idea that ya'll are like, eh... nope 😂

• Like 3

On 1/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, RedStone said:

I have a shiny new GL badge!

Congrats!

On 1/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, RedStone said:

I think I'm still in the honeymoon phase with NF so I'm trying and enjoying all the things.  I've liked the challenges I've done so far since they usually throw something new for me to test.  I do find that if there is tons of narrative to read I'm a little overwhelmed, but eh, that's me issue.  I'll scan.    What was interesting to learn was that even though I may slack a bit with focus on my own challenge I didn't lose focus on the Jumanji one because other people were "depending" on me (... or watching my follow through to a thing I agreed to do and maybe judging 😧 hehe)

20 hours ago, Rookie said:

I was astounded to see the obvious amount of work that went into it.  All cuz you guys are simply awesome about volunteering.  Thank you so much for all that you do.

• Like 5

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

16 hours ago, Whisper said:

I thought you all did a really good job with the Jumanji challenge, and it was fun trying a bunch of different things that I wouldn't have otherwise, but yeah, I can see that a whole lot of work went into it, and it is hard to keep rolling with them when other stuff comes up. I fail at sticking with my own challenge for the 5 weeks, much less an added mini. 

12 minutes ago, Chesire said:

I was astounded to see the obvious amount of work that went into it.  All cuz you guys are simply awesome about volunteering.  Thank you so much for all that you do.

Thanks guys. I am glad you liked it but I was real worried it was getting to wordy (Because I also don't like big wordy minis) lol but we tried to at least make it easy to skip the story part. But damn I was not expecting it to be so much work. So again HUGE APPRECIATION for people who do that lol

38 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I'm of different minds with the whole thing - it's cool to have an opportunity to try something new, step out of our comfort zones etc, but the personal challenges are where we put our goals, our why, really all of our energy, and adding too much rando stuff to that can weaken the whole experience. I'm into the idea that ya'll are like, eh... nope 😂

I love trying new things. Basically I like minis that don't require huge commitment. Like I said lol I like the minis.... They give me something else to try that I might not of normally tried. Also what kind of helps is to pop into the level 1 peoples threads and suggest they join. I like when they are a bit competitive or like Cheshire they are made so its a group effort... but I know some people aren't into that because its more pressure haha.

And this might be funny because the Jumanji one was hella wordy ... I also don't usually read the big worded minis unless they are hilarious LOL I like having the option to just go to the beef... the task at hand. 

• Like 4

I do like minis just to mix things up a bit. We did a little art challenge sometime last year that was fun just for variety beyond the usual "eat better, move more" goals I usually set for myself.

Maybe we could have a real short one (a micro?) just for the first week or even zero week. Like an extra boost when we're all gung-ho about fresh starts before we start flagging towards the end.

• Like 7

Oooh I like the idea of a zero week special thing

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I do like minis just to mix things up a bit. We did a little art challenge sometime last year that was fun just for variety beyond the usual "eat better, move more" goals I usually set for myself.

Maybe we could have a real short one (a micro?) just for the first week or even zero week. Like an extra boost when we're all gung-ho about fresh starts before we start flagging towards the end.

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

Oooh I like the idea of a zero week special thing

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Please let this be the actual title.

OOOOH you guys are speaking my language! I LOVE ZERO WEEK!!!!! I probably have 3 or 4 DIY zero week shirts and a hoody. Zero Week Special Thing is in the works!!! 

• Like 6

Congrats @RedStone!

A bit late to the discussion, but I agree with everyone that I tend to drop in and out of minis if they're there, and I prefer them to be small and modular. I liked the format of Jumanji, since you had 15 tasks to choose from each week, small and large, in different areas of life, but it's a lot of effort to come up with so many tasks. Even with the three of us, it was a lot of work to organise. The hard part about organising a mini for this guild is that everyone has a different focus, and many people are also struggling with life in general and not just getting physically healthier. 

Anyway, I would be interested in participating in a mini-challenge, but since my life is very much in flux I'm not sure if I'd actually participate.

A week zero mini would be awesome by the way!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

ful6IbWkBsVhe.gif.6b0e83b0cf6cd2abc6ae681ae92b4de8.gif

17 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Congrats @RedStone!

😀❤️😀❤️

A bit late to the discussion, but I agree with everyone that I tend to drop in and out of minis if they're there, and I prefer them to be small and modular. I liked the format of Jumanji, since you had 15 tasks to choose from each week, small and large, in different areas of life, but it's a lot of effort to come up with so many tasks. Even with the three of us, it was a lot of work to organise. The hard part about organising a mini for this guild is that everyone has a different focus, and many people are also struggling with life in general and not just getting physically healthier. 

Anyway, I would be interested in participating in a mini-challenge, but since my life is very much in flux I'm not sure if I'd actually participate.

A week zero mini would be awesome by the way!

I really appreciate how straight forward everyone is here, and not trying to force anything. Developing minis between the GLs was indeed kind of a battle - we'd all be gung ho for a bit, then lives take over and no one was available to keep it going. The challenges are here to help us get things done, not distract from that or make us feel less than because we can't. And hey yo - to all those guilds that love their minis - rock on! But I've had a similar experience, sometimes they aligned with my goals, mostly not. And writing them was always a tricky balancing act knowing that people have their own agenda.

Additionally - being here now, I have no intention of marching in and stomping around loudly with a NEW THING RAWR. I want to know what you guys want to do, what's best for this particular part of the community, and how I can best facilitate that. Sounds like a zero week special thing is a good place to test the waters anyway, and I'm right there with yall re: having different focuses, life related goals et al. I'm also trying hard not to photo bomb ya'll with my zero week shirts 😂so here's just one from the way back machine when I was scared of selfies and got a lot of body image/confidence help here :D  

Spoiler

4JLFub8.jpg

• Like 7

That tank is awesome! I'm glad you have a better body image now, since you look great in that picture :).

5 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Additionally - being here now, I have no intention of marching in and stomping around loudly with a NEW THING RAWR. I want to know what you guys want to do, what's best for this particular part of the community, and how I can best facilitate that. Sounds like a zero week special thing is a good place to test the waters anyway, and I'm right there with yall re: having different focuses, life related goals et al.

I already like you as a guild leader :). I'm not sure if it helps, but here's the score-sheet of Jumanji. Basically everyone chose different goals, but at least you'll have some idea about the participation rate and the things that people actually did ;). For myself it'll be a good time to evaluate my goals (I start my new job next week :D), but there's of course also plenty of other possibilities. If you'd like me to write down a ton of ideas to optionally choose from, please let me know!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Waanie said:

That tank is awesome! I'm glad you have a better body image now, since you look great in that picture :).

Just now, Rookie said:

Love the shirt as well lol.

Aw, well thank you so so much! It's one of a fair few LOL (This one is some stationary store stencils and spray paint lol) One of my first challenges here included taking selfies on recommendation from @miss_marissa and it was down right empowering. Self image is so tough to untangle from all the things we've been conditioned to think. I'm grateful for that support and opportunity!

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

I already like you as a guild leader :). I'm not sure if it helps, but here's the score-sheet of Jumanji. Basically everyone chose different goals, but at least you'll have some idea about the participation rate and the things that people actually did ;). For myself it'll be a good time to evaluate my goals (I start my new job next week :D), but there's of course also plenty of other possibilities. If you'd like me to write down a ton of ideas to optionally choose from, please let me know!

Awesome, thank you so much it means a lot to me, and that looks great! I would absolutely love to hear ideas from anyone that might want to get involved - I think the more driven by the individual the more useful it could be!

Just now, Rookie said:

Week 0 is actually my favourite week and that would be the best time to do a mini I think :D Because as a guild it seems we are most activated and most motivated then. I like doing minis that focus on self-care, art and FOOOOOD. 

Ugh me too I love zero week ❤️ Okay, sounds great, I'm down and in - we can treat it as an experiment! 

Additionally, if you and/or @Tateman would like to get into a group chat to talk over some direction (no pressure or worries either way), we can get a DM going :) 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1
3 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Additionally, if you and/or @Tateman would like to get into a group chat to talk over some direction (no pressure or worries either way), we can get a DM going :) 

I would love to lol I was going to suggest it but wasn't sure if you would want the help. Caveat though... my work is all topsy turvy and right now I have internet freedom but not sure if that will change in the next week or so. (I do most of my NFing while at work :PBUT I would love to be involved.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Rookie said:

(I do most of my NFing while at work :P )

Welcome to the dark secret of why I tend to vanish over the weekend...

• Like 4

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

I highly encourage you to start one with all the Rebel Guild Leadership.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath