The prodigal returns, or starsapart is a hot (mess) mama

starsapart

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Really makes you want to kick the patriarchy in the crotch doesn't it?

I have this urge at least six times a day, every day.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

1 minute ago, starsapart said:

Working with folks like that I can't say I blame you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, starsapart said:

On today's episode of "why stars' work makes her want to flip tables" we present the following conference call scenario:

Me: *pitches an idea I've been championing for weeks*
Male coworker: *repeats what I said almost exactly*
Everyone: Wow, what a great idea, [male coworker's name]!

Female coworker in a DM: Didn't you just say exactly that? Haven't you been saying that for weeks?

Me: Welcome to my fucking life.

This happens to me a lot. With my old team, this NEVER happened to me, but with the organizational changes we've undergone in the last year, this is basically my everyday reality. So that's fun.

Productive rehearsal on Tuesday, and I did squats and deadlifts that day, too. Planning to lift again today. Also, my dad came last night and fixed the broken-again washer once more, so I am trying to do laundry between calls because lol what are clean clothes.

Is your team in a place where your coworker (or you in a similar situation) could speak up to the group and say "Yes, that was a great idea that Stars had, thanks Doofus for your support of her idea." or something less cheesy sounding?

As I've moved up the ranks, I try to notice things like this and appropriately credit ideas when someone tries to steal them (even accidentally). I know not everyone has that luxury, though.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, starsapart said:
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My rates for public beatdowns are very reasonable and I have a large variety to choose from...

• Unexpected crotch punch

Image result for junk punch gif

• to fat man jiu jitsu torture

Image result for fat man jiu jitsu

• or my personal favorite for annoying coworkers, the conference room table powerbomb. 

Image result for powerbomb table gif

And for a little more we can just make the problem disappear.....

Image result for desert island gif

For quotes and rates, call 1-800- Muh-haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, sylph said:

Is your team in a place where your coworker (or you in a similar situation) could speak up to the group and say "Yes, that was a great idea that Stars had, thanks Doofus for your support of her idea." or something less cheesy sounding?

As I've moved up the ranks, I try to notice things like this and appropriately credit ideas when someone tries to steal them (even accidentally). I know not everyone has that luxury, though.

Sadly, not with these specific offenders. They are sort of shielded from any kind of correction by their positions and connections to highly placed people. I basically just have to swallow it and keep receipts so at the end of the quarter I can at least prove to my boss that the ideas were mine.

2 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

My rates for public beatdowns are very reasonable and I have a large variety to choose from...

• Unexpected crotch punch

Image result for junk punch gif

• to fat man jiu jitsu torture

Image result for fat man jiu jitsu

• or my personal favorite for annoying coworkers, the conference room table powerbomb. 

Image result for powerbomb table gif

And for a little more we can just make the problem disappear.....

Image result for desert island gif

For quotes and rates, call 1-800- Muh-haha

Oh boy oh boy! I'm going to start saving up!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

On 2/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is my favorite sport. It's surprisingly good cardiovascular exercise if you don't rest too long between rounds, and, as a striking art, is a natural fit with the monks.

• Like 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Challenge Recap:

Lifting: I think I landed at 8/10. I'll take that B and be grateful, all things considered. Lifting is my accessory work, and though it's super useful to body maintenance and remembering that I have legs and not just lats, I honestly don't mind letting it lapse in favor of resting for aerial, which is my primary focus. Speaking of...

Aerial: I way overshot this goal, so I won't bother looking up the exact numbers. My worst week had 2 sessions. My best week had 4. Most weeks, I think it was 3. Basically, A+ on this one, though honestly this was mostly because the show came along and I had to rehearse like a crazy person. Yay forced consistency!

Food: I think I missed 3 days of tracking total, putting me at 32/35. That's about 91% so okay, A- here, pretty good. The goal was to get back into the tracking habit, and I think I did that. I definitely need to be a little more aggressive about WHAT I'm eating next challenge.

Reading: Overshot this like crazy. I think I'm at 9 books for the year so far, of which 6 (?) were in January. A++ here.

That about does it! I'm glad I went for a simple challenge for my first one back, because now I've built some momentum and I feel like I can tackle some harder things next go around. I'll post the link once I have my next challenge up.

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads