2020 - 60 day challenge

2019 was a horror year, the last 6 months have been really tough, through it all my wife has stood by me. Among the key issues are working too many hours and dealing with negative family influence. I'm not fully recovered but I'm getting there. 

In 2020 I'm planning to put my health first, I'm kicking off with a 60 day challenge, which fits neatly into 2 months since this is a leap year. so I'll be going from 1 Jan to 1 March.  I have also booked all my holidays for the year already so i have things to look forward to. 

Measures:

98kg

43" at the navel. 

Camo shorts fit about right, others are tight. 

(last year it was 98.9 on NYD so this is a net loss of 0.9kg for the year, I'll take any positive I can get at the moment!!)

Goals:

# Drop 8.1 kilos to be below 90kg.

> Weight loss challenge with 3 work colleagues, runs in line with this challenge. Last place buys a lunch up to $50 each for the other 3. 

> Alcohol free January

> Avoid bread and sugar

# Lust for life, build energy and enthusiasm

> Be active for an hour a day. This can be anything, walking, lifting, working in the yard, DIY in the house, whatever. 

> Do one job a week for the house. 

# Be social

> Meet up with a friend twice a week.

> Work at least 1 day a week in the office.

# Build positive routines

> 5 mins of headspace app each morning

> regular bedtime, get up time

> vitamins every morning

Weigh-ins:

1 Jan: 98kg / 43"

5 Jan: 95.8kg / forgot to measure waist

12 Jan: 95.9kg / forgot to measure waist

19 Jan: 95.5kg / 42"

26 Jan: 96.4kg / forgot

2 Feb:  95.7kg / forgot

9 Feb:  92.6kg /42"

16 Feb: 90.5kg 

23 Feb: 89.0kg / 39.75"

28 Feb: 86.9kg / 38.75"

Weight loss is important but of all these goals the social one is the most important. 

Rewards:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

• Like 6

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

23 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Sorry to hear you've been through such a rough period, but glad that you had someone to rely on. Let's hope the new year brings better times :)

Thank you :) I'm working on it, will not be solved overnight but making positive progress. The New Year is good so far :positive: 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm away interstate for work this week, my first day back at work tomorrow after xmas break so i weighed in before i left home and will change my weigh in day to Sundays from now on. 

95.8 which is down 2.2kg's in 4 days! I know most of this is water and the first week i always the biggest but still nice to see a drop.

I'm now 5 days with no alcohol, including passing on free alcohol in the lounge at the airport, that's a first and felt very strange! I had a kombucha instead. 

Have not done any lifting but been for a walk every day of some description and also a couple of days of yard work. It's been difficult because of the smoke haze from the bushfires, air quality is very poor some days, advice is not to go out in it. This week I am in Brisbane which is nowhere near as bad so I can do a walk every day after work or go for a swim, the hotel has a pool and a gym.

Feeling like life is easier without booze now I have started to get used to it.

I'm listening to an audio book on Audible which is proving to be very helpful, it's called the Power of Now by Eckhardt Tolle, I recommend it, especially to anyone with an over active mind.  

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Started Couch to 5K again last night, I haven't been running for a few months since I did the 10K. carried on walking after which turned into about 12km in total, good start! 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

+0.1kg on Sunday. Not bad for a week away from home eating restaurant food. 

Did my 3rd C25K on Sunday.

Booze twice.

Went climbing with @Yuentonight and also did squats after. Walked 25 mins home instead of a taxi. Gonna be sore tomorrow!

Wife asked me to go to yoga tomorrow night, going to try it. Might help with DOMS?

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Woke up at 6am feeling like a million bucks, must have slept well. 

C25K today week 2, day 1 done.

Walked with my wife at lunchtime. 

Walked to Yoga, did Yoga, walked back. 16500 steps today! 

Yoga was very challenging for me, I'm not flexible at all. I think I will be very sore tomorrow, we'll see. 

Eaten well. 

Geez I'm gonna sleep well tonight after all that exercise! 

In other news I'm enjoying the Witcher on Netflix.  Also decided on Red Dead Redemption2 on PC for my reward. I loved the first one on the PS3 and have not played a video game for a long time. 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Here to witness your comeback!

• That's Metal 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Decent food day, around 1900 cals which is ok. 

Sore in strangec places from the yoga. Had planned to deadlift but my lower said otherwise, thought i had hurt it at yoga..i was right.  Nothing feel serious just needs a rest i think. 

Walked 6km this evening. 

Just got a new audiobook called Born to Run... supposed to be good...

It finally rained,  hurrah! We have a reasonably serious drought and I'm sure you know about the fires. Desperate for inches of rain. 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

19 Jan: 95.5kg / 42"

Booze 3 days, need a 5 day streak this week before a planned day on Sat. 

Sunday did Week2, Day2 C25K run

Monday did Week2, Day3 C25K run 

Need to run on Weds/Fri/Sun this week to catch up the week. 

Only 1 lifting session this week, at climbing, not felt like it on other days, sore feet from walking and running I think, but maybe from climbing. Been walking every day except Friday. 

Saturday I stayed in bed all day and wrote Python code, just felt like it. Ended up with a nice script that fixes a long standing problem. 

Enjoying "Born to Run", interesting story and good narrator. (read by the author).

Heaps of rain this week, the garden is bouncing back and my chilli plants are happy, lots of treats growing! :) 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

The bushfires have abated for the time being and life is returning to normal, at least for those of us who did not lose our homes, property or family and friends. 

Dead lifts on Tues (5x5 at 60kg)

6km walk + C25K run on Weds 

Squats this morning (5x5 at 60kg)

Nutrition been good, except a few beers last night. It was such a beautiful evening we went to our favourite pub which is next to a lovely beach, walked the dog and had dinner after. 

The weight loss comp is hotting up, my boss has started meal replacement shakes so I've had to take things a bit more seriously! Hence a lot more exercise and have started counting cals. 

Going to be doing a lot of travelling the next 3 months, Interstate every other week, so will need to get a routine down pat. Will be there 3 days a week so day 1 run, day 2 hotel gym, day 3 walk + run will be the plan I think. Also need to get come up with a meal plan so i don't pig out on restaurant food. 

Doing pretty well on all my goals except this one. Will have to be more diligent....

> 5 mins of headspace app each morning

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Not such a great week...booze 3 times. 

Weigh-in: 96.4

Friday I did a week 3 day 2 C25K run. 

Rest of the weekend I did no exercise, at e and drank with abandon, especially on Australia Day yesterday at a friend's birthday party.

Oh well today is Monday, I week 3 day 3 C25K then:

5 Supersets of:

Deadlifts 5x5 at 70kg

Bench 5x5 at 55kg

BO DB row at 15kg

2 mins rest 

Social goals are going well (maybe too well) and my neighbor invited me for wine as a thank you for looking after his cat. I'm going to accept because I'd like to get to know him better, we don't generally mix with our other neighbors. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Way behind on updates! Been travelling for  work.

I've been keeping up with C25K...on week 5 now. 

Nutrition..I'm trying something controversial, the fast 800 diet. I've done 6 days, down 2kg already. 

Well update more tomorrow/Monday.

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 2/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, zenLara said:

I don't know about it. Why is it controversial?

It's 800 calories a day and time restricted eating. So I eat 3 meals of around 200 to 300 calories, drink only water, black coffee and black or fruit tea. It's very low carb as well so you go into ketosis. I have bought some keto sticks and confirmed ketosis. Some people say it's dangerous for your organs but I'm following a prescribed diet with a range of micronutrients in it and good quality food so hopefully no issues. I'll also only follow this part for 2 to 4 weeks. Probably 3 weeks. 

I've done a week and half and lost 4.2kg already. It's deliberate rapid weight loss, supposedly because of the high protein level you don't lose muscle...I can definitely tell I've lost some fat. 

Weigh-in on Sunday was 92.6 kg. I've gone from last to first in the weight loss comp with my colleauges :)

Still running, Now on week 6 of C25K, have been having some foot pain but doesn't seem too bad today. 

I am also off the booze until end of Feb, 10 days so far. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

5 hours ago, Endor said:

It's 800 calories a day and time restricted eating. So I eat 3 meals of around 200 to 300 calories

I would feel like dying :D How do you cope with hunger?

5 hours ago, Endor said:

Still running, Now on week 6 of C25K, have been having some foot pain but doesn't seem too bad today. 

I am also off the booze until end of Feb, 10 days so far. 

Excellent!

Seriously though it is difficult at times, not impossible, you get used to it but I can't deny it's a distraction at times. Mostly I remind myself that's only for 2 or 3 weeks, or I drink coffee or water. 

I'm craving beer and burgers though for sure. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

3 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I don't browse the Battle Logs much, but now for some reason I decided to have a look, and I found your thread! Nice to have you back :)  And well done on staying off the alcohol in February!

Hey Tobbe! Thanks for dropping by :)  

Feb-March 2022 Challenge