Busy not-work [Manarelle]

Manarelle

Eyeball is definitely healed - it's already caught up with the other one on tear production, and while there are still occasional fuzzes, it's significantly less often. 

Week 4:

• Working out: yup, and making more progress. 
  • Languages: yup. 
  • Learning: Three more TPBs, finished HP #1, haven't decided what to get into next. 
  • Cosplay:
    • Finish scalemail for Valkyrie (cosplay sketch) - no progress. 
    • Make vest for Taboo - the base part, at least. Done. Working on spine & tail.
    • Sort out the gentleman's lighting harness for Backlash's whips. Done, and a couple other tweaks. 
  • Hygge: yup.
  • Day's end outlook: Hm, not intentionally, but also didn't... have to? No negative attitude to have to counter. 

Good, if boring week. Spent most of it catching up on the fight with entropy, then finally got to do cosplay stuff on the weekend:

IxYXkF6.jpg RYiLrsD.jpg

Not sure why the photo quality is so poor, but you get the idea. Also started a prototype of the tail, but I'm gonna hit up Home Depot this week to see if they have better materials. The idea is sound, though, so yay there. Once all the current bits on the vest have cured fully (24 hours), I'll go back and touch up the places it didn't quite adhere, and then start building up the "spine" on the back - both to look badass and to cover the seams. Fun weekend. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 2/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, Manarelle said:

Good, if boring and productive week. Spent most of it catching up on the fight with entropy, then finally got to do cosplay stuff on the weekend

Fixed it for you!

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Started on the spine, somewhat easier than expected. I'm going to add some worbla to each piece, I think, to help it hold its shape, as the leather is fairly thin. Think it's looking pretty good though, for not having a pattern.

63cb412.jpg TX4YM0g.jpg DdFpTQV.jpg

For some reason, the middle picture wanted to focus more on the Legos in the background, but it gets the point across. I'll taper the top ones down so it doesn't catch on hair, but keep them a bit more angular than the paper mock-ups. Should be able to knock out a good chunk of that this weekend, and start messing around with the tail. Huh... surprisingly, then, "all" that would be left is the greaves, bracers, claws, and some sort of headpiece (not a helmet). Knock on wood, good chance I'll finish this off well before the con in May and be able to work on Valkyrie again. 

Or... you know... the jeans I've been meaning to make for the past 3 years..... 

• Like 4

Huh, didn't realize the challenge was over. 

Week 5:

• Working out: solid yes. 
  • Languages: solid yes.
  • Learning: Yes, but has since stalled. 
  • Cosplay:
    • Finish scalemail for Valkyrie (cosplay sketch) - not completely, but I'm happy with progress. 
    • Make vest for Taboo - the base part, at least. Done. 
    • Sort out the gentleman's lighting harness for Backlash's whips. Done, and a couple other tweaks. 
  • Hygge: solid yes. 
  • Day's end outlook: Feeling pretty good about this. Will not continue to next challenge. 

See the next challenge for more lots of pictures. 

• Like 4

Hey, legos are important too :P

Great challenge! I'll be following you for the next one!

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 1/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, Manarelle said:
  • Hygge: so far the weather has been decent, but that could turn at any moment. Keep seeking out hygge and use the lamp to combat SAD.
  • Day's end outlook: keep working to change from "there isn't enough time" to "I accomplished what I could today, and am grateful."

Really well done with these :) For someone whose called solar-powered, even more so!

and with the rest too. Woop!

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log