Nianjufe yells, "Holidays are over, now what?!"

On 1/8/2020 at 3:30 AM, nianjufe said:

Once I took care of my part and handed it off to my co worker (who is amazing) I set down the computer and my phone and hung out with DD and the beasties all day. I also made Geomeun-kongjorim, sticky Korean black beans, in bulk for a quick protein option over the next few weeks*.

Oooh I love these! And the lotus version as well. Agree that Maagchi's version is way too sweet. We lived in Korea for a few years and the side-dishes were easily my favourite part of the cuisine.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Cool. Not sure what it is though LOL. :) 

Ohhhhh, I know this one!! It's West Side Story...I remember watching this back in high school (which was longer ago than I like to remember) as a modern Romeo and Juliet type story

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 1/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, Lothiriel88 said:

Oooh I love these! And the lotus version as well. Agree that Maagchi's version is way too sweet. We lived in Korea for a few years and the side-dishes were easily my favourite part of the cuisine.

Definitely way too sweet, I've only made the lotus version once just because of availability in my area. That's awesome! DH is Korean (adopted) and I started learning to cook the cuisine after we started dating. If you have any recipes from your time there I would be so grateful for the share!

On 1/11/2020 at 2:57 PM, Jupiter said:

Cool. Not sure what it is though LOL. :) 

2 hours ago, RES said:

Ohhhhh, I know this one!! It's West Side Story...I remember watching this back in high school (which was longer ago than I like to remember) as a modern Romeo and Juliet type story

LOL! My age is showing I guess.... either that or my musical nerdiness. It is indeed West Side Story! My dad played Tony in a production when I was growing up so I was backstage a lot, easily the origin story to my love of musicals!

Weekend Update 1/10, 11, 12

I've had a MUCH better weekend than I did weekday. I definitely planned well in advance for upsets and laziness. The only thing I wasn't able to go do was see an art exhibit that is having it's last week in town. I was hoping to go see it today and tick of a RH quest, but didn't get around to it just because the new beastie is developing some separation anxiety that I'm trying to nip in the bud. Instead I'm hoping DH will get off in time to take me to the foothills for a mini sunset hike. We'll be cutting it fine though. Post Benadryl Friday was an ok day, Benadryl is always rough for me so I felt groggy all day. My reaction really started to recede though, so I think I've narrowed it to a medication I was taking. Dr. visit in my near future. Saturday was super productive, I got up early and worked out leaving me with a TON of energy. That means laundry, vacuuming, and puppy training got done with time to spare. I've also been able to get out and walk since I'm not at work in the middle of the day. I think it's been the cold weather holding me back. I miss the sun and the warm. I'm hoping for a better showing this week!

giphy.gif 

My Goal: Maintain consistency with NFA & RH and do one full on pushup. 

Goal #1: Continue working out (NFA or RH) 3x/week with some type of movement on off days. 

• Workout 1/11 (3/3)✔️
    • RH warm up, RH bodyweight workout (1 round), RH cool down
      • I tried doing push ups on my knees (x10) which is why I only did one round of this instead of three. After 10 knee push ups my chest, shoulders, and neck hurt everytime I moved. Maybe I was clenching my jaw super hard? I have no idea, but it made jumping jacks jarring (😜) so I decided not to push it. I don't think a boss battle is in my future anytime soon.

giphy.gif

• Movement 1/10 & 1/12 ✔️

Goal #2: Check in and complete one RH or NFA task everyday

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/10, 11, 12 ✔️
  • Try a new sauce (2/3) - Tonight I'm making an apple salsa...... It sounds weird to me too. I'll let you know how it goes!

Goal #3: Respond to at least one NF post 5x/ week. 

• Week 1 (5/5)✔️ - Secondary social goal being negotiated as we speak.

Goal #4: Read 30 mins a day

• 1/10 ✔️, 1/11 , 1/12✔️
  • Like 5

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

6 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

LOL! My age is showing I guess.

I just turned 50 so no judging here!

Great job this week!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Update 1/14

Sunday didn't quite work out as planned, and I missed out on a bunch of planned RH quests, apple salsa, the art exhibit AND sunset, so I didn't get out or get any RH points. But DH and I had a nice evening at home once he finally got off work. So that was a plus even though it wasn't in the goals.

Yesterday was wild, I was traveling for a board meeting and was exhausted. But I still did the things! I wasn't sure when I'd be back so I woke up at 5a to take the little beastie on a walk so he was exhausted and didn't bug the big beastie too too much all day. That also gave me time to read a little in the morning and stop and reward myself for such a productive morning with a *gasp* bought coffee.

giphy-downsized.gif

I ended up being home way earlier than I thought, thank goodness, and the beasties did really well. So I did some laundry and cooked dinner which was A-Mah-Zing! We had baked pork chops with dry rub, baked butternut squash (meant to be a steamable, but defy the rules!), and an apple and fennel salad. Since I didn't get to the apple salsa on Sunday I had them sitting around. It was pretty stinking good. Then I went to bed ridiculously early.

giphy-downsized.gif

My Goal: Maintain consistency with NFA & RH and do one full on pushup. 

Goal #1: Continue working out (NFA or RH) 3x/week with some type of movement on off days. 

• Workout 1/13 (1/3)✔️
    • NFA warm up, RH Tabata Burpees (8 rounds 4/4/4/4/5/5/5/5), NFA cool down
      • Burpees were step back, no push up, WITH a jump. A jump up from last time I did a burpee. 
  • Movement 

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/13 ✔️
  • Eat at RH Level 5 (1/7)✔️

Goal #3: Respond to at least one NF post 5x/ week. AND Week 2 clean the bathroom and buy a plant for it. (Any recommendations for bathroom plants?)

• Week 2 Response(0/5) -
  • Week 2 Bathroom

• 1/13✔️
  • Like 7

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:10 AM, nianjufe said:

Definitely way too sweet, I've only made the lotus version once just because of availability in my area. That's awesome! DH is Korean (adopted) and I started learning to cook the cuisine after we started dating. If you have any recipes from your time there I would be so grateful for the share!

Oh wow! Hmmm... for the most part Maagchi is pretty accurate (but hold the added sugar!). My favourite meals there were kimchi jiggae,  japchae, and dolsot bibimbap. I was diagnosed with celiac not long before we left, which made it very difficult to eat Korean food. These days we won't go to Korean restaurants but will make variations at home without e.g. gochujang, and use miso instead of duenjang, tamari instead of soy sauce etc. 

6 hours ago, Lothiriel88 said:

Oh wow! Hmmm... for the most part Maagchi is pretty accurate (but hold the added sugar!). My favourite meals there were kimchi jiggae,  japchae, and dolsot bibimbap. I was diagnosed with celiac not long before we left, which made it very difficult to eat Korean food. These days we won't go to Korean restaurants but will make variations at home without e.g. gochujang, and use miso instead of duenjang, tamari instead of soy sauce etc. 

Thank you! I'll have to try those substitutions when I'm running low. Oh no on the Celiac, that must've been really challenging!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

Update 1/15

Ugh, bring back the sun! I think I went to bed at 8:30 last night? I'm just SO tired. It could also be from me doing all the things instead of just watching TV. Maybe I'm not eating enough? I've fallen off logging my food, maybe I need to start that up again. 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Workout 1/13 (1/3)
  • Movement ✔️- Walked around the house doing a bunch of once a year cleaning stuff all afternoon, but my FITBIT WAS DEAD! Aaaaargh! Oh well, I guess that's my punishment for not charging it, uncounted steps.

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/14 ✔️
  • Eat at RH Level 5 (2/7)✔️

Goal #3: Respond to at least one NF post 5x/ week. AND Week 2 clean the bathroom and buy a plant for it. (Any recommendations for bathroom plants?)

• Week 2 Response(0/5) I've got more time this morning so I'm sure I'll catch up
  • Week 2 Bathroom (1/2)- Holy Moly! I cleaned the bathroom yesterday. Like, deep cleaning with a toothbrush cleaning. Still looking for the best plant. I have a few I like, but I'm not sure I can keep them alive or flowering. (Pictures in spoiler are large: Azalea, Dragon Plant, Orchid)

Spoiler

71VMu72KMnL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.b7d9812f429019d5b6e507bc365bbe6f.jpgf0f950ea4eb966705a40376d68d9a52f.jpg.7c50e9048442777551eb23d6d4013380.jpgimage.thumb.png.a03b74895c506ae026d7e688f5be90e2.png

• 1/14 - I didn't read, I just went to bed early. I'm thinking I need to bring a book to work for down time between assignments or lunch.

• Like 4

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

Maybe the middle one? Orchids are pretty but take a bit of maintenance. You'd probably want something that can survive on low/artificial light. (I am not an expert by any means.)

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Maybe the middle one? Orchids are pretty but take a bit of maintenance. You'd probably want something that can survive on low/artificial light. (I am not an expert by any means.)

The middle was definitely my favorite, I mean Dragon Plant.....right?! The bathroom is definitely low light, just one tiny window, so I think you're right. Maybe there's a low light flowering plant out there. I'll research more, but maybe the bathroom needs two plants! I just love flowers so much, so much in fact that I kill them regularly.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

5 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

The middle was definitely my favorite, I mean Dragon Plant.....right?!

LOL that is definitely a cool name!

20 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

I just love flowers so much, so much in fact that I kill them regularly.

LOL! :D That happens to me with plants. I have one that I've managed to keep alive for a few years but the others keep dying LOL. 

• Haha 2

Update 1/16

Tuesday..... seriously,  I mean Wednesday! Yesterday, Wednesday,  was a lot. Many things happened, work and home alike, that I had to deal with and taking priority from my plan. I prefer the plan.  I'm feeling very overwhelmed and emotional and I think it's from not eating enough and my sleeping pattern getting messed up. Full moons are intrusively luminous in our bedroom despite blackout curtains and closing the bathroom door. This causes big beastie to pace all freaking night, and me to tell her to lay down all freaking night. I think I'm just cranky.... I wish I could figure out gifs on mobile. I have the perfect one for my mood today. *sigh*

My Goal: Maintain consistency with NFA & RH and do one full on pushup. 

• Workout (1/3)
  • Movement  - I meant to yoga with DH, but the little beastie got neutered and was having a hard time adjusting to not moving. I had him leashed to my waist the whole evening. 

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/15 ✔️
  • Eat at RH Level 5 (3/7) ✔️ - rice is my nemesis, I love it so much!

• Week 2 Response(1/5) Totally caught up!
  • Week 2 Bathroom (1/2)- Bought a carnivorous sarracenia purpurea venosa (pitcher plant) on a whim,  I hope it'll work? But I'm still not counting this done till I find the perfect plant. 

• 1/15 - I read,  I won't comment on the quality, because I read. I need to finish this book and start one I enjoy. Maybe am old favorite...."Mistress of the Art of Death" anyone?
  • Like 5

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

32 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

Full moons are intrusively luminous in our bedroom despite blackout curtains and closing the bathroom door. This causes big beastie to pace all freaking night, and me to tell her to lay down all freaking night. I think I'm just cranky.... I wish I could figure out gifs on mobile. I have the perfect one for my mood today. *sigh*

Is big beastie a werewolf? But seriously, sorry about the overwhelm and lack of sleep. 

• Like 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Looks like you still got some things on your list done though, so nice job! Love the plant, crossing my fingers that it'll work. :)

• Like 1

It is hard when so much is going on at home and at work. I hope you are able to get through it ok. I get super cranky when I don't eat/sleep enough, and that never helps - I think I am there with you today. 

I hope the day gets better, and I think it is awesome that you are getting some plants into your life. Pitcher plants are super cool. 

• Like 2

🎉 Let's kick butt!! Fitbit and myfitnesspal

NF pages

Character, Intro post, Current challenge

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Is big beastie a werewolf? But seriously, sorry about the overwhelm and lack of sleep. 

She has to be, at least a distant relative. She gets SO annoying! We've tried the crate, but the life we adopted her from was too traumatic so we ditched it almost immediately.

giphy-downsized.gif

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Looks like you still got some things on your list done though, so nice job! Love the plant, crossing my fingers that it'll work. :)

11 minutes ago, LostValkyrie19 said:

It is hard when so much is going on at home and at work. I hope you are able to get through it ok. I get super cranky when I don't eat/sleep enough, and that never helps - I think I am there with you today. 

I hope the day gets better, and I think it is awesome that you are getting some plants into your life. Pitcher plants are super cool. 

Thanks for listening to my complain, and the well wishes! I'll post a picture of the plant once I get it/if it makes it through the first week 🤣

• Like 4

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

Snow Delay Today Baby, YES!!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Update 1/17

I'm too excited about the delay.....which may turn into all day.....knock on wood. Yesterday was a crap shoot, I was too busy working on building new schedules (on my at home time) to get anything done, and there was a delicious fire going (thank you DH) so my motivation to do anything other than lounge and warm was oh so low. But I did get an enormous amount of sleep last night....and into this morning! Have I mentioned there's a snow delay today??

• Workout (1/3)
  • Movement  

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/16 ✔️
  • Eat at RH Level 5 (4/7) ✔️

• Week 2 Response(2/5) -
  • Week 2 Bathroom (1/2)-

• 1/16
  • Like 5

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

Update 1/19

So Friday's delay was just a delay, but I accidentally ended up working from home so......it was nice! Then Saturday was Costco day and that is always an anxiety producing event for both DH and I. Especially because we hadn't been in a few months and were out of pretty much everything. Also, with track season starting up Tues, DD came along and required ALL of the food.

giphy-downsized.gif

But it was good, we got everything then ate lunch there (😬 I haven't been eating breakfast so I had some leeway). Then DH and I had a double date with some friends at a local tearoom, Roaring 20s theme, it was fun! I did some factual historical fashion research and cobbled something mostly accurate together. I love theme nights so much!

giphy-downsized.gif

Needless to say, despite the tiny size of the tea food, I blew yesterday big time on top of costco and not working out, so today will be a day of mindfulness and an AMRAP workout. 

• Workout (1/3)
  • Movement  

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1/17 & 1/18  - Snow delay and the weekend combined with lethargy....
  • Eat at RH Level 5 (5/7) ✔️Except for Saturday, but I didn't mark that one.

• Week 2 Response(3/5) - 
  • Week 2 Bathroom (2/2)- I think I found the plant I want! Golden Pothos. It will be a shower plant once DH puts a shelf in the shower 😆

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.303d6a2cf1f3bec0dfa9f352c5f5cba3.png

• 1/17& 18 - There's a block here for some reason, I must get to the bottom of it so I can just read the things. I want to, but it's not a priority for some reason🤷‍♀️
  • Like 5

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

8 hours ago, nianjufe said:

I think I found the plant I want! Golden Pothos. It will be a shower plant once DH puts a shelf in the shower 😆

Oooh, pretty plant!

• Like 2
On 1/19/2020 at 6:29 PM, Jupiter said:

Oooh, pretty plant!

Thank you! I was thinking that every morning I could yell, "Me pot o' gold!" while getting in the shower.

giphy-downsized.gif

Update 1/21

Oh MLK day, how you drain my productivity and make Tuesday feel like Monday (perfect panel courtesy @yoyoha). Needless to say, I didn't do anything yesterday but watch TV. But that means today I must do all the things! Or at least some of them. I meant to take the bill stack to work so I could pay them, but Tuesday/Monday means I forgot. I also didn't leave myself a note. Other than that, a workout would be good and planning how to get over the mid month/challenge slump. Yesterday's TV was also the result of DH at work and DD with grandma so I had the house and beasties to myself. That seems to be happening frequently, and I don't think I'm a fan. Then come to find out later that DD has been making not so smart choices with not so great "friends" and then I realized it had only been the calm before the storm. DH and I are planning our response then addressing it this weekend. Why does parenting feel like a battle plan?? I hope I can make some check marks happen this week so I feel like something is going right!

DeYCvMFU8AEs4Uk.thumb.jpg.af3a494234019bf013b48e222a192252.jpg

• Workout (0/3)
  • Movement  

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1-20  - Yeah, this didn't happen yesterday to the point where little beastie, who is not used to sleeping in like big beastie is, lost his shit and pooped on the carpet. Totally all my fault for not getting up, so I just bit the bullet and shampooed the carpet in the living room.
  • Track food (1/7)✔️

Goal #3: Respond to at least one NF post 5x/ week. AND Week 3 Do the three things for 7 days.

• Week 3 Response(1/5) ✔️ 
  • Week 3 
    • Floss 1x/day (0/7)
    • House tidy (1/7)✔️
    • Moisturize, lousy winter (1/7)✔️

Goal #4: Read 1x/day

• I figured out the block, it was the time frame. Hopefully this goal will see me better!
  • Like 5

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

On 1/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, nianjufe said:

• 1/15 - I read,  I won't comment on the quality, because I read. I need to finish this book and start one I enjoy. Maybe am old favorite...."Mistress of the Art of Death" anyone?

Catching up on your thread. Have you read the series? I actually think they are all as good as the first, which is .... kind of rare imo. 

When are you trying to read? Are there blocks that come about because of timing? (i.e. are you trying to read before bed, but then getting to bed late?) I was updating as you were posting! I get you with this though, I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to. How are you looking to solve this?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Catching up on your thread. Have you read the series? I actually think they are all as good as the first, which is .... kind of rare imo. 

When are you trying to read? Are there blocks that come about because of timing? (i.e. are you trying to read before bed, but then getting to bed late?) I was updating as you were posting! I get you with this though, I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to. How are you looking to solve this?

I haven't! I was actually unaware that it was a series, so thriftbooks and I may spend some quality time together today. The time frame was definitely the issue, I felt so much pressure to have 30 minutes dedicated time that I just didn't do it at all. I'm hoping just the release of the time frame itself will help my reading. Though the other issue, known from the start, has been the books in the reading challenge I'm doing with my friend. Some of them are just terrible or slogging or infuriate me. Those books I have a hard time getting through, and one of the rules of the challenge is that we'll finish all of the books, which means no skipping or skimming🙄

• Like 2

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

9 hours ago, nianjufe said:

Thank you! I was thinking that every morning I could yell, "Me pot o' gold!" while getting in the shower.

LOL! :D 

9 hours ago, nianjufe said:

I hope I can make some check marks happen this week so I feel like something is going right!

Well, you've got some check marks already so looks like you're off to a great start to me! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Well, you've got some check marks already so looks like you're off to a great start to me! 

Thank you! 

And thank you everyone who's following along, you're keeping me accountable and I do lots of the things just so I'll have something to bring back to y'all, motivation station! 😎

Update 1/22

Yesterday was a wash, but priority was family. I waited at school to get DD from track practice and then we hung out while I gritted my teeth until DH came home then we had a family chat about responsibility and maturity and being honest then we all went to bed. Well, DD went to bed and I stayed up a little bit to make sure the fire had completely burned itself out. Exhausting, but productive. No working out, my pushup may have to be delayed 😫 Small steps for big rewards!

giphy.gif

• Workout (0/3)
  • Movement  

• Wake up 15 min earlier 1-20 ✔️
  • Track food (2/7)✔️

Goal #3: Respond to at least one NF post 5x/ week. AND Week 3 Do the three things for 7 days.

• Week 3 Response(2/5) ✔️ 
  • Week 3 
    • Floss 1x/day (0/7)
    • House tidy (1/7)
    • Moisturize, lousy winter (2/7)✔️

Goal #4: Read 1x/day

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log