Walk to Mordor and Back Again (2020)

39 minutes ago, BombshellBanshee said:

Woot! Rivendell in my rearview, and 450 miles to Lothlorien or bust!

Congrats! I'm still making my way to Weathertop. It's slow going.

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

On 2/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, nianjufe said:

I keep forgetting to put my fitbit on after charging, aaargh! I don't have that many steps in the first place and it's so irritating to lose out on the ones I have! 🤞for a better February, happy traveling everyone!

giphy.gif

I hear ya. I keep forgetting to put my phone in my pocket. Derp!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

On 2/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, Lastiel said:

Oh Yes! I decided to Walk to Mordor and Back before I found NerdFitness and that there's an active challenge. Currently I'm having a lovely jaunt to Weathertop. Aiming to be at/past Rivendell in March/April.

lovely, Weathertop!?

did you get lost at midgewater swamp or something?  I think you turned yourself around and am now in or near The Shire.

while the inhabitants a bit on the small side; there not good creatures to upset.

I suggest you seek an inn immediately, quit trespassing on private roads and leave their mushrooms alone

anyways. happy voyages ;)

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

ah! Bree!

I almost didn't notice it.  I got to spend more time looking around at the sights.

anyways.  those darn dwarves didn't spend enough time at the prancing pony.  the first chance for warm food and they barely stop for a single night, pressing onwards and muttering about stolen gold.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

This week is just a penalty ridden mess. I may need a back up system to track my daily miles because I either don't wear or haven't charged and then wear my fitbit. Anyone have good phone options for tracking steps/miles during the day? I always have my phone on me since my job revolves around constant communication, so maybe an app for that?

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

28 minutes ago, nianjufe said:

This week is just a penalty ridden mess. I may need a back up system to track my daily miles because I either don't wear or haven't charged and then wear my fitbit. Anyone have good phone options for tracking steps/miles during the day? I always have my phone on me since my job revolves around constant communication, so maybe an app for that?

Someone asked this before, but I can't remember the name of the app they ended up selecting. I'm pretty sure if you look earlier I this thread you should able to find those posts though. :) 

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 1/2/2020 at 12:19 AM, Scalyfreak said:

Stepcounter might be a good option then. According to the app description it was designed to save battery by not using GPS tracking. Note that I haven't tried it myself, but I keep seeing it recommended whenever pedometer apps are mentioned.

Indeed, there was an app and suggested by yourself 😂. Thanks for the suggestion on the look back AND the app!

• Like 1

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

1 hour ago, nianjufe said:

Indeed, there was an app and suggested by yourself 😂. Thanks for the suggestion on the look back AND the app!

Haha, I had completely forgotten that part!

I hope the app works out for you. :)  

• Thanks 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Embarrassingly, I had completely forgotten I joined this. I should update the sheet and start paying attention to this again. Working from home has done things to my daily step count that are not helping me get back to the Shire in the near future.

• Like 1

Just updated my miles on the spreadsheet. My challenge this time is LotR themed, so it reminded me that I had not yet updated my miles. Long way to go still, but...

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Hello, fellow Middle Earth travelers! I just posted a new thread about starting my walk to Mordor on 9/1 and a kind soul pointed me in this direction so I thought I'd come say hi and sign up on the sheet. Looking forward to getting out of the Shire and saving Middle Earth!

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I restarted this journey back in May, currently about 550 miles in. This is just by walking and pottering about on my daily day.

There’s an app on iOS called Walk to Mordor that I’ve been using to tally my mileage and milestones. 

• Like 2

“If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change. The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.”
— Grandpa's Letter from Stardew Valley

🇺🇸 Adventurer 🇬🇧

🌳🦉🌳

Current Challenge: Stardew Valley

16 hours ago, Caius said:

in. I often go ruck marching and mountain hiking (pre-corona days). I wonder if there is extra credit (or a multiplier) for wearing a heavy pack? Or is it simply total distance. Would walking to the store count? Steps around the house?

The OP indicated that you could decide what counts for mileage. Personally, I just put in whatever mileage my FitBit reports at the end of the day because I’m all about keeping it simple. That is pottering around the house, errands, “rucking” my toddler, actual rambles and hikes, etc.

• Like 1

“If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change. The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.”
— Grandpa's Letter from Stardew Valley

🇺🇸 Adventurer 🇬🇧

🌳🦉🌳

Current Challenge: Stardew Valley

2 minutes ago, Ann of Vries said:

The OP indicated that you could decide what counts for mileage. Personally, I just put in whatever mileage my FitBit reports at the end of the day because I’m all about keeping it simple. That is pottering around the house, errands, “rucking” my toddler, actual rambles and hikes, etc.

This is what I do as well. Or did. I think I'm 6 months behind on updating the spread sheet... 😳

• Like 2