Hey there.  I'm ShadowSilk.

So I've been in and out of the Rebellion off and on several times.  This isn't a "New Year, New YOU!" type thing, this is coming back to the hideout with little to show in my pouch but grim determination to get back to where I once was.  I've given over my tools of the trade, my daggers, darts, and boot knives, to a friend; she'll hold them for me until I'm truly ShadowSilk again.  I need accountability.  I really do.  So if you read this, and I amuse you, please head up to my Battle Log -- it's called Regaining My Self and My Tools.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.

For this challenge, I will:

FITNESS GOALS

1.  Get back on track with MFP
2.  Walk at least 20 consecutive minutes four times a week
3.  Get and hook up a new DVD player so I can start using my friggin' DDPY DVDs again, at least 3 times a week

I can't find the replacement DVD I ordered from DDPY to replace the very 1st DVD, and I promise y'all I can't do the second DVD.  AT ALL.  And Dally doesn't put entire workouts on YouTube.

New plan; beginner's yoga/pilates workouts from YouTube at least 3 times a week.
4.  Use my Total Gym at least three times a week

PERSONAL GOALS

1.  Finish the hat I'm knitting for my husband
2.  Order and read UnF*ck Your Life
3.  Reread, slowly, & possibly journal about or work through, one chapter a day of You Are A BadAss
4.  Meet my deadlines
5.  Keep journaling, do my Morning Pages, and my written affirmations

6.  Get out of the house to do something I like at least once a week

CURRENT ASSESSMENT

1.  234 lbs (Not horrible for me!  I was all the way up to 260 last year at this time!)
2.  Flexibility (What's that?) is horrible
3.  Strength is horrible
4.  I'll be 43 in three months

5.  Really going through a period of rediscovery and am enjoying it.

• Like 3

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

We've got a Reading 2020 thread going in the PVP boards if you'd like to add any tracking for your reading goals. :) I love that your focus is just as much on self-care as it is on positive change. You've got this!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

1 minute ago, Defining said:

We've got a Reading 2020 thread going in the PVP boards if you'd like to add any tracking for your reading goals. :) I love that your focus is just as much on self-care as it is on positive change. You've got this!

Thanks, I'll do so in a bit. 

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

On 1/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, ShadowSilk said:

Hey there.  I'm ShadowSilk.

So I've been in and out of the Rebellion off and on several times.  This isn't a "New Year, New YOU!" type thing, this is coming back to the hideout with little to show in my pouch but grim determination to get back to where I once was.  I've given over my tools of the trade, my daggers, darts, and boot knives, to a friend; she'll hold them for me until I'm truly ShadowSilk again.  I need accountability.  I really do. 

Welcome back.

6.  Get out of the house to do something I like at least once a week

Heck yeah.

5.  Really going through a period of rediscovery and am enjoying it.

EXCITING!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Welcome back.

Heck yeah.

EXCITING!

Scheisse.

Hey now, Old Fox.  Traps all tripped, no go the last time around.  Hitting low runs a bit, gonna make for little little game, heya?

(Translation from Thieves' Cant:  Hello, Guild Leader.  I've nothing to show or pay in from my last trip out.  I'm focusing on smaller targets now.)

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

And so we begin.

The daily battle log 

Will be where I post my daily updates.  Most of those are not going to be very entertaining, but they might hold something of use.

This thread will be more the weekly update and where I go over where I made mistakes.  I'm working on a grading scale.

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

On 1/2/2020 at 8:05 AM, ShadowSilk said:

So I've been in and out of the Rebellion off and on several times.  This isn't a "New Year, New YOU!" type thing, this is coming back to the hideout with little to show in my pouch but grim determination to get back to where I once was.  I've given over my tools of the trade, my daggers, darts, and boot knives, to a friend; she'll hold them for me until I'm truly ShadowSilk again.  I need accountability.  I really do.  So if you read this, and I amuse you, please head up to my Battle Log -- it's called Regaining My Self and My Tools.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.

Hi, welcome back!  I don't know if our paths ever crossed before, but I will be following along and am looking forward to seeing you get your tools back.  I'm sure you will be needing them before long :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hi, welcome back!  I don't know if our paths ever crossed before, but I will be following along and am looking forward to seeing you get your tools back.  I'm sure you will be needing them before long :) 

Heyla.  No, I don't think we've been on the same track before, Old Fox.  Loire, she's more raccoon than fox, but she's straight as a sunbeam, she'll give me back my shinies when the time is right.  Springtime proper, maybe, there'll be meat in my traps 'stead of air and moonlight.

(Translation from Thieves' Cant:  Hello.  No, I don't think we've met before, Guild Leader.  My friend Loire is holding my tools; she's tricksy, but not thief/assassin tricksy, she'll give them back.  I'm hoping that by spring, I'll be of more use to the Guild proper.)

• Like 2

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

End of week 1 update:

C.  Maybe a B-, but I really feel like it's a C.

SO to begin with I couldn't find my friggin' DDPY starter disc until Wednesday.  Add in that the kiddo was still home from school until also Wednesday & I have...I don't know... "THINGS" about working out in front of people.  I don't like it.  At all.  So...kinda didn't do it?  Then rain ruined walking at least once... *sigh*

BUT

I did work on the TG once

I did do 20 minutes of DDPY Beginner Beginner once

I did meditate five days for sure

I did my affirmations/reading/journaling most days

And while I did not make the TIME deadline, I did make the DAY deadline I had to make.

I mean.  The holidays ending just really -- I was not in a good mindset for work this week.

But the good news is I did move around more, I did get up from the computer more, I do feel a bit better about some of my stuff. 

Let's regroup.  Okay.  So the Beginner Beginner thing Dally does on this disc is right at an hour long.  I don't have an hour every day, I really, really don't.  So instead of that, I think this week the goal will be Diamond Dozen three times this week.  Hang on a second and let me see how long that is.  CRIPES it's 45 minutes.  Huh.  Well. 

I mean, I already get up at 4 in the morning guys.  I can't get up any earlier and still be worth a damn.  Well, I'll have to work it out.

So DDPY, either the Diamond Dozen or the Beginner Beginner, three times this week -- Monday/Wednesday/Friday, I think.

Walking 20 minutes daily.

Log my MFP. 

Total Gym three times this week.  Next is lower body and abs again because I did upper body last.  Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday.

One chapter (two if it's short) of YAAB daily

I should finish The Scotsman's hat tonight/tomorrow, so then it's on to either the other fingerless glove for my sister-in-law or The Child's scarf.  Probably the scarf, I found a very interesting pattern for it, I just have to make sure I have the right needles.

Get back to my research reading for sure -- I slacked on that this week too.

And get on my reading for pleasure.  I should go to the library and see if they have Wolf Hall.  Or go to the used bookstore tomorrow -- I may do that, depending on the weather -- and pick up a couple of things.  Not much, I don't really have the money for much, but a couple of things.

So.  Here we go.  Week Two, I'm coming for you.

And I'm pissed.

• Like 2

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I don't know why I wasn't following this thread already BUT --

tumblr_oxtzmnOjnh1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

I too am glad the holidays are done and dusted.  V. much ready to get back into a regular routine thankyouVERYmuch!

If that disc is an hour long (yike), maybe work up to it in 15 minute increments?  I'm not sure of the progression but my big worry is that to me, 45 minutes coming from 0 minutes would be too big of a jump and I'd be tempted to say "frick it" more often than not.

I LOVE THE LIBRARYYYYY.  I have Overdrive on my Kindle so I can rent e-books because sometimes physically finding time to -get- to the library is the hard part.  I need to get on reading more, too. I love horror novels and my friend recommended a spooky YA read called The Sacrifice Box I should try and pick up....

WE ARE GONNA KILL WEEK 2 OKAY?!!?

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Just now, loire said:

I don't know why I wasn't following this thread already BUT --

tumblr_oxtzmnOjnh1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

I too am glad the holidays are done and dusted.  V. much ready to get back into a regular routine thankyouVERYmuch!

If that disc is an hour long (yike), maybe work up to it in 15 minute increments?  I'm not sure of the progression but my big worry is that to me, 45 minutes coming from 0 minutes would be too big of a jump and I'd be tempted to say "frick it" more often than not.

I LOVE THE LIBRARYYYYY.  I have Overdrive on my Kindle so I can rent e-books because sometimes physically finding time to -get- to the library is the hard part.  I need to get on reading more, too. I love horror novels and my friend recommended a spooky YA read called The Sacrifice Box I should try and pick up....

WE ARE GONNA KILL WEEK 2 OKAY?!!?

You're fucking A we are.

giphy.gif

• That's Metal 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m trying to get back into DDPY too. If you’re willing to think outside the box a little, the kid’s workouts are under a half hour.

I don't think I have the kids' workouts; I bought the system years & years ago, & I lost my first disc somewhere & bought a replacement last year or the year before.  That's a great suggestion, though, and I'm not too proud to do them, lol

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

On 1/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, ShadowSilk said:

But the good news is I did move around more, I did get up from the computer more, I do feel a bit better about some of my stuff. 

That IS good news. :) 

On 1/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, ShadowSilk said:

So.  Here we go.  Week Two, I'm coming for you.

And I'm pissed.

Get after itttt! 🙌

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oh hey! I'm popping in to say hello since you have visited my thread with kindness. Oooh, I see that you knit, also! Knitting is excellent.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, ShadowSilk said:

UnF*ck Your Life

This sounds good.

Reread, slowly, & possibly journal about or work through, one chapter a day of You Are A BadAss

This sounds even better.

Really going through a period of rediscovery and am enjoying it.

I don't know what you're rediscovering (yourself?) but this sounds the best. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.