Focus - Part 1 "No insanity"

Arkania

This year's theme for me will be "focus".

The last year was very stressful and with no focus at all, floating around getting nothing really done.

Beside the depression a lot of consuming (Youtube, Netflix, websurfing) and little to no creating.

Maybe because I couldn't focus on anything just wanting to do everything.

But, as (maybe) Einstein said: "The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results."

giphy.gif

The last years I didn't want to have a lot of routines just "live life as it happens" but that doesn't work that good. I just found out that I like some routines a lot and even more when I can't do them for some time.

It's like coming home.

So: New year, different approach.

My goals for the first challenge of the year:

1. Babbel every day (french)

2. 100 day Burpee Challenge (1 Burpee on 1/1, 2 on 1/2,.....)

3. Working on my 12 in 20 (12 fun things to do for every month)

4. Working on my 53 in 20 (every week I look at a new topic regarding my business (e.g. email marketing, storytelling, webdesign etc)

5. Losing weight, I think 2 kg are realistic

6. 3x+/week sports

What will happen with my job and when I will be working again I will find out on 13..

• Like 5

I'm here 👋

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

1. Babbel every day (french)

Ugh. French Vomit :D  

2. 100 day Burpee Challenge (1 Burpe on 1/1, 2 on 1/2,.....)

Impressive if you follow through! Do you have to do them in one go, or can you split them up during the day?

3. Working on my 12 in 20 (12 fun things to do for every month)

Do you have ha list of things you want to do? Or are you just going to come up with things as needed?

4. Working on my 53 in 20 (every week I look at a new topic regarding my business (e.g. email marketing, storytelling, webdesign etc)

Ambitious! Please don't take on more than you can handle :) 

20 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I'm here 👋

Ugh. French Vomit :D  

Impressive if you follow through! Do you have to do them in one go, or can you split them up during the day?

Do you have ha list of things you want to do? Or are you just going to come up with things as needed?

Ambitious! Please don't take on more than you can handle :) 

Don't like french either, but have to learn it since we are moving to Luxembourg approx. at the end of 2020.

I think they can be splitted up, if not I don't care, I will do it nevertheless :D

Yes, I have a list, this month it will be: "Create a big (oil) painting"

Thanks, I will try my very best to not do too much :) Maybe I won't do one very week but that's ok.

Sooooo who had lower back pain but still did a lot of (sumo) deadlifts and now walks liek a 100-year-old.....?

So no burpees and Crossfit and all the stuff for me until I recover.... sucks.

But, to also see the good stuff, eating is ok at the moment. Did meal prep some stuff yesterday (and had some left from the week before) and am not hungry a lot these days.

• Like 2
On 1/6/2020 at 3:50 AM, Arkania said:

Sooooo who had lower back pain but still did a lot of (sumo) deadlifts and now walks liek a 100-year-old.....?

Yeah, I've tried that too. No something I can recommend :P I had to quit both deadlifts and squats and instead do similar exercises in machines :(

Sooo, let's see how my German is...

.... Mealprep, a couple of kilos .... :) 

Rice with ... (Zucchini, Bell pepper, ..., ...) in cocounut curry sauce from @reishunger 

(...),, ... tempeh and tofu ... in generous amounts of sesame oil and

soy sauce. Topped with sesame seeds and a couple of cashew nuts.

... 470 kcal ... 23 g protein 

:D  Compared to the Thai i hear everyday here, German seems like piece of a cake to learn!

• Like 1