Bean Sidhe vs Chaos – Trying again, only with routines

Bean Sidhe

8 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

That is kinda what I am hoping, but Diabetes runs in the family, and honestly, tis what killed my Dad. But for now, I am just going with "Eat something stupid, but make it a good something" and doing what I can. And limiting my stupid sugar intake helps as well

Absolutely. I wasn’t trying to dismiss it and I think it’s a good idea to keep an eye on it. But I also think that if you’ve consistently been in the safe zone with your blood work it’s unlikely you spontaneously developed full blown diabetes right now and it’s probably something else in this case. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Absolutely. I wasn’t trying to dismiss it and I think it’s a good idea to keep an eye on it. But I also think that if you’ve consistently been in the safe zone with your blood work it’s unlikely you spontaneously developed full blown diabetes right now and it’s probably something else in this case. 

And you are probably right, but its one more thing for my anxiety to go crazy about and tell me that I am dying or that my life is going to come crashing down around me. You know, normal stuff.

I really need to get it under control better. I can mask it well, but there is so much unknown and going on, I just get to flip out about little things too. Honestly, I had another night like that last night that kept me up till 330, and then I was up and down till 6. Now I just want a blanket fort, but instead I am going to work

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

13 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

And you are probably right, but its one more thing for my anxiety to go crazy about and tell me that I am dying or that my life is going to come crashing down around me. You know, normal stuff.

I really need to get it under control better. I can mask it well, but there is so much unknown and going on, I just get to flip out about little things too. Honestly, I had another night like that last night that kept me up till 330, and then I was up and down till 6. Now I just want a blanket fort, but instead I am going to work

oh yeah. And you know I'm going to keep repeating that your anxiety and trolls are lying, so at least you're hearing a voice that says you're not dying, whether you listen to it or not. :)

I feel you so hard on this. Anxiety is bad enough on a good day, add in those question marks and the only solution is definitely a blanket fort. It's scientifically proven, obviously. I know you're really short on free time but various things I do when the anxiety is off the charts: quick meditation session, petting a cat, drinking an herbal tea, just sitting somewhere quiet for a bit, taking literally just 60 seconds to take deep breaths and try to calm the fuck down.

• Thanks 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

oh yeah. And you know I'm going to keep repeating that your anxiety and trolls are lying, so at least you're hearing a voice that says you're not dying, whether you listen to it or not. :)

Oh I totally know  logically that you are right. But we all know logic never comes into play when anxiety is being thrown around by angry trolls.
So thank you for giving me ammo to shut them the hell up.

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

I feel you so hard on this. Anxiety is bad enough on a good day, add in those question marks and the only solution is definitely a blanket fort. It's scientifically proven, obviously. I know you're really short on free time but various things I do when the anxiety is off the charts: quick meditation session, petting a cat, drinking an herbal tea, just sitting somewhere quiet for a bit, taking literally just 60 seconds to take deep breaths and try to calm the fuck down.

I really want a blanket fort, or a nap, or well, anything. However, since none of those are options, I will try your other ones. Generally when my anxiety gets bad, I have been just "What is one thing I can do to get something done" or the stop and breathe. There are even moments of "Whats a good distraction for 10 minutes".  Fortunately, the worst of my anxiety moments have been at home where I am at least not looking like a crazy person at work. Here I can just go bug people for hugs too.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis