Elastigirl 's Incredible New Decade

Elastigirl

I feel like peas and lemon go well together (but then, I just like peas, I'll straight up eat them with butter, salt and a bit of lemon juice, or just straight up eat them). We had them a lot as kids, and of course I tried to eat them with a knife (I don't remember any more where that came from. My dad, probably), but not as much as we got older, as my mom doesn't like them. My mom makes a rice and orzo pilaf dish, which I add peas to when I make it, and it's one of my favourites (and would be easy to make with all rice, so as to avoid the gluten). I also like them in dishes made of mixed stuff, like shepherd's pie, or in stews/soups (but put in right at the end of cooking, not simmered for an hour like the carrots and potatoes). Also, you may have just inspired me to spice up the rice I plan to make for my meal prep tomorrow, I think I have some frozen peas kickin' around somewhere...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

MmmmMmmm peas :love-struck:

Mr makes an amazing pea and goat cheese and procuttio gnocchi which I now have a hankering for. Not very gluten or dairy free friendly... but tasty. I also like ‘minted’ peas, just peas with butter and mint, a tasty snack.

Pea/pee anecdote: when I was little I was trying to eat peas with a knife (same as obax, a challenge from my Dad... Dads, the same everywhere) and I bumped some of the little greenies off my plate. “Ewww, you pea’ed on the table!” little did Dad know that this pun would so tickle me that I laughed so hard I did indeed pee my pants. Backfired.

Here to follow and cheer you on!

• Like 3
On 1/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Elastigirl said:

I think my first step will be to brainstorm ALL the goals that I can think of. Then the harder step is to narrow it down.  Also, not sure how to categorize, but there are some momentum type goals, that are pretty much habit- drinking water, working that maybe I want to write out as goals, Or maybe not since I do them anyway?

Never hurts to write down those goals just to flesh out a bit the 'why' behind them :)

On 1/3/2020 at 1:16 AM, Elastigirl said:

On the plane to Florida I -rewatched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I loved this the first time I watched and even more this time. I think I will make it a  New year's  tradition to watch it. It should be NF's official movie. It perfectly captures the  nerd life- inspiring us to be adventurous  but also celebrating how nerds make the world better with their love  details and intelligence.

Absolutely in my top favourite movies ever, and you're right, it's very NF :) good reminder to re-watch it sometime soon, thanks!

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 1/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, obax said:

I feel like peas and lemon go well together (but then, I just like peas, I'll straight up eat them with butter, salt and a bit of lemon juice, or just straight up eat them). We had them a lot as kids, and of course I tried to eat them with a knife (I don't remember any more where that came from. My dad, probably), but not as much as we got older, as my mom doesn't like them. My mom makes a rice and orzo pilaf dish, which I add peas to when I make it, and it's one of my favourites (and would be easy to make with all rice, so as to avoid the gluten). I also like them in dishes made of mixed stuff, like shepherd's pie, or in stews/soups (but put in right at the end of cooking, not simmered for an hour like the carrots and potatoes). Also, you may have just inspired me to spice up the rice I plan to make for my meal prep tomorrow, I think I have some frozen peas kickin' around somewhere...

I'll have to try peas with lemon. One of the main reasons I want to learn to like them is I think it would be an easy go to veggie for things like shepherd's pie and stew. Seems super easy to just have a bag of frozen peas in the freezer and add it to my stew and have a quick dinner. At Disneyworld, I had peas and rice and liked it.

On 1/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, Yasha92 said:

MmmmMmmm peas :love-struck:

Mr makes an amazing pea and goat cheese and procuttio gnocchi which I now have a hankering for. Not very gluten or dairy free friendly... but tasty. I also like ‘minted’ peas, just peas with butter and mint, a tasty snack.

Pea/pee anecdote: when I was little I was trying to eat peas with a knife (same as obax, a challenge from my Dad... Dads, the same everywhere) and I bumped some of the little greenies off my plate. “Ewww, you pea’ed on the table!” little did Dad know that this pun would so tickle me that I laughed so hard I did indeed pee my pants. Backfired.

Here to follow and cheer you on!

🤣Thanks for the li'l kid Yasha story that gave me a giggle

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Never hurts to write down those goals just to flesh out a bit the 'why' behind them :)

Absolutely in my top favourite movies ever, and you're right, it's very NF :) good reminder to re-watch it sometime soon, thanks!

Yeah,  figuring out why's is always good. Walter Mitty is one of my top  favs

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

So today was first day back to reality since vacation and the holidays. I'm still fighting a cold, so I decided to sleep in a bit. Did my Mobius work, took a video of it, and posted it on the GMB forum. I'm trying to get back on the maintenance eating track. I was going to track on MFP, but, I decided to wait awhile. Just sort of struggling, so I figured I'd  do my workouts, and eat good portions. In the afternoon, I worked on chin ups. I  meant to do them in my morning workout, but forgot. It was kind of nice to do them in the afternoon when I wasn't tired though. It's been a month, so no surprise, they were difficult. Did some easy rowing to get some movement in, since  it was raining and I didn't want to go outside.  While I rowed, I watched Imagineering on Disney+, which is about the creation of Disneyland and DW, so I am enjoying that. Fun to see how the stuff we look at as so basic now was ground breaking at the time.

Here are some things I need to do to win this week

Return son's shirt

Fly Lady House Blessing

Vacuum downstairs

put away all Christmas decoration

Brainstorm all  the goals I 'd like to do this year

Order photo pass photos

Download all Fl photos

• Like 7

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I love your challenge theme. I am also in the process of exploring my goals not only for the year, but for the decade.

Good for you for challenging old beliefs and trying a new food. It certainly is amazing how taste buds can change. I have personally always loved peas, but my dad HATED them, so I only had them a handful of times as a child. I made up for lost time after moving out, haha.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

On 1/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, Siferiax said:

👍 Thank you ! 

You are welcome. I have some more thoughts on food at DW  if that would be helpful.

Wow I am really impressed how much you were able to avoid the motion sickness on the rides!! I remember when you were working on that before the trip I was slightly skeptical XD That's so awesome!

Also, that's a really great point about the peas - you say you don't like them but you hadn't even tried them since you were a kid.  It makes me feel like I should try corn again.

16 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I love your challenge theme. I am also in the process of exploring my goals not only for the year, but for the decade.

Good for you for challenging old beliefs and trying a new food. It certainly is amazing how taste buds can change. I have personally always loved peas, but my dad HATED them, so I only had them a handful of times as a child. I made up for lost time after moving out, haha.

Thanks It is pretty cool to think we are in a whole new decade. I was such a picky eater as a kid, Now I know that I can't eat gluten or dairy, so I figure the stuff I could eat, just didn't want to should be pretty small

6 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Wow I am really impressed how much you were able to avoid the motion sickness on the rides!! I remember when you were working on that before the trip I was slightly skeptical XD That's so awesome!

Also, that's a really great point about the peas - you say you don't like them but you hadn't even tried them since you were a kid.  It makes me feel like I should try corn again.

Yeah, I think it was cool. So, I knew two people who struggled with debilitating vertigo (just in normal situations) and their PT had them doing things like burpees, and going on rides, because they said it actually (technical jargon I don't remember) helped. So I figured it was worth a shot.I also think it was the mental aspect, feeling like I had some control over it, and allowing my body to be more relaxed. Our brains are pretty cool.

Yeah, you should try corn again. Worse that happens is you don't like it. Or you actually have a life threatening allergy- but most likely not😉

• Haha 1

So, I forgot to tell about my Sunday. We had our big church ball. We get all dressed up, and have a fancy dance. Super fun, and a  highlight of my year. We danced most of the dances , and had a blast. My friend's father came. He is 92, and dances four times a week at the senior center. How cool is that?! Life goals. 

For the dance I decided to do my hair like Anna's from Frozen, braids pinned behind my head. Remember last year when I said I was going to go gray? Well it's been 6 months, plus I went a pool over vacation, so now my hair is getting really gray. And underneath, is really gray. As I was doing it, I almost chickened out. But, if I'm going to go gray, I need to own it. And it is a nice silver gray. Just, yikes, it doesn't quite look like the me I'm used to. I did wear it that way, and I think it looked nice.Hubby said it was pretty. 

• Like 7

Anna from Frozen went grey, so I think that sounds like a perfect hairdo!!! Do you have a photo?

Dancing in your nineties sounds like an awesome life goal XD

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks It is pretty cool to think we are in a whole new decade. I was such a picky eater as a kid, Now I know that I can't eat gluten or dairy, so I figure the stuff I could eat, just didn't want to should be pretty small

I was never a picky eater as a kid. I would pretty much try anything and rarely refused to eat something if told to do so. Now I can't eat dairy, gluten, or mangoes (sensitivities and allergies), and I eat a mostly plant-based diet (because mentally and physically I feel best with lower amounts of meat), sooooooo NOW I am the picky one, I guess. I will eat just about any fruit, vegetable, legume, or non-gluten grain you put in front of me though.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

6 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Anna from Frozen went grey, so I think that sounds like a perfect hairdo!!! Do you have a photo?

The pic is on my husband's phone. I need him to send it to me , and then  I need to post in on Instagram so I can post here

5 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I was never a picky eater as a kid. I would pretty much try anything and rarely refused to eat something if told to do so. Now I can't eat dairy, gluten, or mangoes (sensitivities and allergies), and I eat a mostly plant-based diet (because mentally and physically I feel best with lower amounts of meat), sooooooo NOW I am the picky one, I guess. I will eat just about any fruit, vegetable, legume, or non-gluten grain you put in front of me though.

😊

• Like 2

hey hey! I'm here to watch EG's pea awesomeness!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Starting slow and steady sounds like a good thing. Hope that cold passes soon!

On 1/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, Elastigirl said:

I watched Imagineering on Disney+, which is about the creation of Disneyland and DW, so I am enjoying that.

Finished watching this yesterday. I loved seeing all the backstage things. 

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I have some more thoughts on food at DW  if that would be helpful.

I would much appreciate it ☺️

• Like 1

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I can't remember if I told you this story, but recently my mother in law decided to let her grey out. It looks really good and now all of her friends are coming up to her saying, "If I knew my hair would do what yours is doing I would totally go grey!" She is a trendsetter in her community now, I guess. Funny how happy she is with it when she was so worried about it. I am happy for her. And happy for you that you are able to not chicken out and embrace who you are!

Half Ogre Ranger

Devourer of Pastries

On 1/7/2020 at 3:23 PM, Elastigirl said:

So, I forgot to tell about my Sunday. We had our big church ball. We get all dressed up, and have a fancy dance. Super fun, and a  highlight of my year. We danced most of the dances , and had a blast. My friend's father came. He is 92, and dances four times a week at the senior center. How cool is that?! Life goals. 

For the dance I decided to do my hair like Anna's from Frozen, braids pinned behind my head. Remember last year when I said I was going to go gray? Well it's been 6 months, plus I went a pool over vacation, so now my hair is getting really gray. And underneath, is really gray. As I was doing it, I almost chickened out. But, if I'm going to go gray, I need to own it. And it is a nice silver gray. Just, yikes, it doesn't quite look like the me I'm used to. I did wear it that way, and I think it looked nice.Hubby said it was pretty. 

Grey is classy!

sides if someone ways something you can always respond with that famous YODA quote,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2uX5WM8ilPdxpD7pR5bU

that'll confuse em.

;)

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

hey hey! I'm here to watch EG's pea awesomeness!

Hey, glad to see you!

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Life goals indeed, that’s brilliant.

Love that you’re owning the grays!

Trying to own it anyway.😊

20 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Starting slow and steady sounds like a good thing. Hope that cold passes soon!

Finished watching this yesterday. I loved seeing all the backstage things. 

I would much appreciate it ☺️

Kind of fun to watch before you go. Ok, I will do that.

10 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Glad you had a great time at the church dance.

Seconding the request for a photo of you!

On 1/7/2020 at 1:02 PM, Yasha92 said:

Well, the photo doesn't really show the braid, but here's the Instgram link

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:
7 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hey, EG! Keep killing it. :)

Grey is classy!

sides if someone ways something you can always respond with that famous YODA quote,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2uX5WM8ilPdxpD7pR5bU

that'll confuse em.

;)

Insert laughing GIf here- My emoji button won't work . 

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hey, EG! Keep killing it. :)

Thanks!

9 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

I can't remember if I told you this story, but recently my mother in law decided to let her grey out. It looks really good and now all of her friends are coming up to her saying, "If I knew my hair would do what yours is doing I would totally go grey!" She is a trendsetter in her community now, I guess. Funny how happy she is with it when she was so worried about it. I am happy for her. And happy for you that you are able to not chicken out and embrace who you are!

My friends say they like it. One of my friends is debating it.

• Like 1

Still trying to get over a cold, so I feel like I'm operating with low energy. Had prayer group, went on a walk with friends, did the Mobius workout, took down some Christmas stuff, took forever trying to post an Instagram photo here, and now I am going to do more Christmas undecorating

• Like 3

That grey looks awesome :D

You're doing a lot for being low on energy. I'm impressed!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89