• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Keeps Going Forward

Heeeeey guys. Placeholder until I actually fill this out. 

Ultimate goal forever ... get to 199lbs.

But really just develop a really happy and healthy life.

A lot of my goals this time around are repeats because my focus is going to be consistency. My main battle will be the food aspect because I need the figured out to lose weight. 

Weight loss

- Drink 2L water daily

- Add extra veggies into meal

- Bring fruit/veggie snacks

Life

- Read once a week

- Do art once a week

- Do 1 house task per week

- Floss daily

Finance

- 1 Starbucks a week

- $7 towards debt each paycheque

- Make finance roadmap

- Research retiring early

Bonus

- Practice new hairstyle once a week 

• Like 10

This be the huge list of everything I want to work on for 2020. 

Health Goals:

- Get the snack squirrel under control

- Come up with low carb meal options for lunches

- Experiment with IF 

- When the weather is nice, try to add a bit more movement and more doggo walkies

- Add more stretching into my daily life 

- Keep maintaining my healthy habits (water drinking, flossing)

- Put effort into my look (hair, clothes, etc)

Relationship Goals:

- Prioritize spending time with BF ... who needs a NF name.... everyone elses people have cool code names

- Make sure to ask how his day went

- More date nights

- Do nice things without him asking (foot rub/massage/etc)

Environment Goals:

- Clean 1-2 house tasks/cleaning per week

- Create a house that is clutter free, organized and easy to clean

- Chip away at our honey do list together

- Finish all the renos we wanted to do

- Decorate our rooms with artwork we have bought but never put up

Art Goals:

- Try different painting techniques

- Try doing a portrait of a humanoid

- Try doing still life of foodstuffs

- Work on art consistently throughout the year

Financial Goals:

- Pay off debt

- Make a quarterly road map (budget) with potential purchases that come up that I forget about

- Grow a savings for emergency, fun and retirement

- Research the retiring early thing Superman is very interested in and wants us to do

Riding Goals:

- Continue working on my skills and technique as a rider

- Work on mental block/anxieties with jumping

- Jump a full course

- Get back to jumping 2'6 consistently

- Enter a hunter over fences show (height does not matter atm)

- Join a hunter pace with my sister or friend

• Like 13

Image result for sick gif

(Ok I am actually out of the dying stage lol ... hence my reappearance!) 

So I may add more to my ultimate 2020 goal list but that is basically all the things I want to work on doing this year. I will make a smaller SMARTer list of things to work on for this challenge though. 

I am on day 7 of this cold. We have gone through the worst of it which is relieving but....  I am still bitter that my holidays were kind of a waste. I did get to spend lots of quality time with my BF and he took such good care of me. He even made sure to fluff my pillow for me or help me relocate to the couch when I decided sleeping in the bed just was not happening.  But obviously that would of been nicer if I had not had daggers in my throat :)

I have not seen Daisy (the horse) since Dec 24. I made my barn friend send me a picture of her. I miss Daisy :( Today is my riding day and although it sounds like a good idea to go.... I know it would send me in a coughing fit. I might sneak out tomorrow though. 

• Like 5

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping for a speedy recovery as well lol

Asked my sister for a picture of my horse... She sends me this

599700380.thumb.jpg.bd840f255b0e798694614548fcd33183.jpg

This is not my horse lol! It's hers. She said it was too dark. Oh well... At least I get to see the dorky little brother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, Rookie said:

This is not my horse lol! It's hers. She said it was too dark. Oh well... At least I get to see the dorky little brother. 

Aw, pretty horse! Even if he is the dorky little brother. ;) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Aw, pretty horse! Even if he is the dorky little brother. ;) 

Agreed lol my coach sent me pictures of Daisy today... So I'm happy. Tomorrow I will go visit the Daisy and have my first ride back. Hopefully she liked her little week vacation (but not too much ;) )

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rookie said:

Guys we had such an amazing ride today. Honestly shes the best horse ever and she melts my heart.20200104_143339.thumb.jpg.c3d1ed7a4113e7f250dc91881bdcc8f7.jpg

Glad you were able to go out and ride!

• Like 2

Glad you're feeling good enough to go riding again :).

That's an impressive list of goals for this year. For a SMART diet goal this challenge you could make vegetable/fruit-based snacks to take to work a few times per week. It helps the snack-monster, and it's an easy change to make. Committing to tracking calories again is also a good goal, although it might be a bit much to combine with all your other goals (especially because you're not always the one who cooks).

Are you lucky enough that your scale takes AAA batteries, or do you need to shop for them? I always get confused when trying to shop for the flat batteries, since there's so many kinds of them and secretly some types have multiple names for the same thing :rolleyes:.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone :) I wish I could say its been fun haha but it has not. BUT I was very relieved to feel like myself again and I got some stuffs accomplished yesterday so I am happy.

4 hours ago, Waanie said:

Glad you're feeling good enough to go riding again :).

Me too lol I need riding in my life or I get sad

That's an impressive list of goals for this year. For a SMART diet goal this challenge you could make vegetable/fruit-based snacks to take to work a few times per week. It helps the snack-monster, and it's an easy change to make. Committing to tracking calories again is also a good goal, although it might be a bit much to combine with all your other goals (especially because you're not always the one who cooks).

Oh yes that is a good idea. And you are right about tracking calories. I just know food needs to be a main focus because its definitely a slacking point in my life.

Are you lucky enough that your scale takes AAA batteries, or do you need to shop for them? I always get confused when trying to shop for the flat batteries, since there's so many kinds of them and secretly some types have multiple names for the same thing :rolleyes:.

I am! But oddly enough we ran out of AAA batteries lol and all the remotes died at the same time. So I had to go buy some. BUT I found some on sale so that was a win.

• Like 3

WEEK 1              
Dailies Habit Building Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Drink 2L water              
Floss              
Weightloss Habits              
Add more veggies into meals L            
If having snack, make it fruit/veggie              
Life Habits              
Do House Task (x1)              
Read once per week              
Art once per week              
Practice new hair style              
Budget Habits              
1 Starbucks              
$7 into LoC account              
To Do              
DYD (4-5)              
Jump full course w/ Daisy              
Change kitchen faucet              
Change bathroom faucet              
Make quarterly finance road map              
Research retiring early              

Alright I think I will try this out. For my weight loss food focus I will add more veggies into my meals and make my snacks fruit and veggie oriented. And keeping my portions smaller. I worry it looks like I am not doing enough. I feel people might think my horseback riding doesn't count as exercise even though I know it does. 

Yesterday I finally did some groceries and got some veggies, frozen fruit and yogurt. I also worked on my dog painting, started re-reading the first Harry Potter, and trimmed the dogs claws. I felt very productive which was nice after being down for the count for so long.

For dinner I made some chicken nuggets and pasta for dinner. For the pasta I sauteed some garlic and onion then added a bunch of cauliflower and broccoli then finally some noodles and black olives. It was good. I tried to take more veggies than pasta. That is now my lunch today but instead of chicken nuggets I have shrimp.

Tonight the guys are having tacos. I will probably cook up some broccoli and mushrooms and have the ground beef with that when I get back from riding. And speaking of riding, I believe tonight I will be jumping my first whole course like I was supposed to before I got sick.:D 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I worry it looks like I am not doing enough.

You have 16 goals this challenge. You are doing enough.

Your dinners sound tasty :). Good luck with jumping tonight!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I feel people might think my horseback riding doesn't count as exercise even though I know it does. 

who are people? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB Girl said:

who are people? 

I don't know 😢Just... people. Maybe I am the people. I see everyone killing it with their weights, running, yoga, etc. And I am like I horseback ride... does that count? :D It isn't really measurable in kilometers, lbs/kgs, reps, sets, etc. It really is an exercise for me where I do not notice I am exercising and maybe I feel it doesn't count 100%.  Or its not enough to help with my weight loss.. Though if I quit I would 100% gain weight.

• Like 1