Rookie Keeps Going Forward

Rookie

28 minutes ago, J3NN said:

Those pesky faucets. You should have asked Santa for a plumber!

That would of been smart lol 

===

So big work changes might be in the works. Boss says "oh big news .... we can reveal it in maybe 10 days!" So who knows what that means. They also made a little announcement/reminder about how our dress code is business casual and we might have more people coming to the office so we should always be dressed just in case. (I wear a lot of hoodies lol and about 9 months of the year I am in flip flops). Now I don't think this comment was directed at me because I am not the only one... but I think it was somewhat directed at me lol. I have been wanting to update my style and put more effort into it so this might be the chance... but finding clothes I like, in my size.. that won't cost an arm and a leg will be tricky. 

I am thinking maybe a hoodie blazer or cute sweater with buttons or elbow patches then with plain dark jeans or jeggings. And in the summer cute plain button up shirts with brown leather belt.

• Like 4

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

And I am like I horseback ride... does that count?

A quick check to see if something counts as exercise: Does your body feel like you've exercised? 

I'm going to ring bells tonight, my arms are going to let me know that I used them, so it counts.

• Like 2

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Whisper said:

A quick check to see if something counts as exercise: Does your body feel like you've exercised? 

I'm going to ring bells tonight, my arms are going to let me know that I used them, so it counts.

Yes my body 100% feels like its exercised. My inner thighs are still a bit sore from Saturday.

It is definitely a good cardio exercise and I am usually sweating when I got off the pony. 

In general I know a lot of people or have come across a lot of people who have never ridden a horse who think it is not exercise and say you just sit there and the horse does all the work. I was just worried that you guys would be like PSCH girl you never exercise. And I am worried a bit about not doing enough to lose weight. There's that 30 day equestrian fitness challenge I was interested in doing that was start Jan 1, 2020 but the lady said it got postponed a bit :(

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rookie said:

In general I know a lot of people or have come across a lot of people who have never ridden a horse who think it is not exercise and say you just sit there and the horse does all the work

I know next to nothing about riding horses. Did it like twice when I was a little kid and all I remember is being really scared. You tell me your body works when you're riding horses, than I am confident that you're getting a workout when riding. 

As far as "not doing enough to lose weight"; lots of people are doing lots of stuff to lose weight and gaining it back over and over again. When I follow your challenges, you're trying to do smaller, sustainable stuff to help you get to a more healthy place. Good habits, gradually improving how you eat. Yeah, I can see some jackasses saying that you're not doing enough, but they're wrong. You're on a slow path that might just lead you to where you want to be, rather than a fast path right back to where you started. 

I'm sorry that the challenge you were looking forward to was delayed. 

• Like 4

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

It totally counts and it’s the best type of exercise, because you love it and won’t stop doing it. And weight loss mostly happens in the kitchen anyway, where you’re putting in plenty of effort.

You’re doing great and ‘people’ including your inner voice can go f*ck themselves. 

• Like 4

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

4 hours ago, Whisper said:

I know next to nothing about riding horses. Did it like twice when I was a little kid and all I remember is being really scared. You tell me your body works when you're riding horses, than I am confident that you're getting a workout when riding. 

As far as "not doing enough to lose weight"; lots of people are doing lots of stuff to lose weight and gaining it back over and over again. When I follow your challenges, you're trying to do smaller, sustainable stuff to help you get to a more healthy place. Good habits, gradually improving how you eat. Yeah, I can see some jackasses saying that you're not doing enough, but they're wrong. You're on a slow path that might just lead you to where you want to be, rather than a fast path right back to where you started

That's very true! I guess it's hard for me to see sometimes. But baby steps have worked for me so that is that I keep trying. I have a lot of stuff in working on where I can't force the progress to go any faster. It's hard. 

2 hours ago, Tateman said:

People often don't think bowling is some exercise too, but it is. Not super intense, but still I can work up a sweat for sure ;)  I've always head 80-90 % of weight loss is done in the kitchen. When I lot my biggest amounts of weight, I wasn't really doing anything exercise wise, other then some walking. 

Very true about weight loss in the kitchen. I've only been able to lose weight when my eating was on point. Psch bowling definitely is a workout. 

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

It totally counts and it’s the best type of exercise, because you love it and won’t stop doing it. And weight loss mostly happens in the kitchen anyway, where you’re putting in plenty of effort.

You’re doing great and ‘people’ including your inner voice can go f*ck themselves. 

Thanks KB Girl. Yah! Those people and my inner voice can quiet down. Progress takes time. I just need some patience. 

Thanks guys, you are amazing. Really! I love this community so so much

• Like 3

Lesson went amazing. I did get a bit of nerves on the way to the barn but they really weren't that bad. And once I was there I completely forgot and they didn't even resurface. She had me jump a little mini course a few times. My coach was happy with me because there were no grumpy faces or whining and there hasn't been for a while now. 

Dinner was ground beef with sauteed garlic, onion, broccoli and mushrooms and 1/4 cup of rice and a sprinkle of cheese. So yay there and I made extra to pack for tomorrow's lunch. Tomorrows dinner will be chili.

Roomie bought 3 cakes loaf things and pineapple juice at Costco 😢 be strong Rookie. Juice is my weakness and I do love me some cake. In the meantime, since it's probably inevitable that I will have some, I'm being extra good about not having any of my holiday chocolates. (I've been limiting them to 1 per night mostly successfully). I'm determined not to gain back my 7lbs sickness weight loss. 

Anywho I'm going to end the night cuddled on the couch with 2 out of 3 doggos rereading Harry Potter

• Like 10

I am glad you are feeling better, and horseback riding does count. Remember, we are rebels, we do things our own way, and as long as you say it counts, it counts. Others can have their own opinions. And more to the point, if it is something you enjoy doing and WANT to do again, then its an even better form of exercise since you will be more likely to stick with it as opposed to making yourself do something you don't enjoy.

Enjoy the doggo reading party. I am sure they will enjoy the snuggles.

• Like 4

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

40 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am glad you are feeling better, and horseback riding does count. Remember, we are rebels, we do things our own way, and as long as you say it counts, it counts. Others can have their own opinions. And more to the point, if it is something you enjoy doing and WANT to do again, then its an even better form of exercise since you will be more likely to stick with it as opposed to making yourself do something you don't enjoy.

I never want to stop again. I had a 9 year break once and never again. I have dug my claws in! 

40 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Enjoy the doggo reading party. I am sure they will enjoy the snuggles.

Thanks! I thought so but Poncho abandoned Wesley and I :(

• Like 2

A bit late to the party, but I agree with everyone here that horseback riding is a sport, and it's good for you. You're not going to tell me that you don't get abs of steel from horseback riding, on top of better cardio, leg-strength, etc. I never did it myself, but a highschool classmate of mine was always complaining about soreness from horseback riding ;).

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

Lesson went amazing. I did get a bit of nerves on the way to the barn but they really weren't that bad. And once I was there I completely forgot and they didn't even resurface. She had me jump a little mini course a few times. My coach was happy with me because there were no grumpy faces or whining and there hasn't been for a while now. 

Nice! It's so great that you found the sport you love, and that you're improving consistently :).

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Tateman said:

People often don't think bowling is some exercise too, but it is.

The only really useful PE class I had in High School went through a variety of activities no normally thought of as exercise, but with an aim of introducing kids to activities they might keep doing as adults. Bowling was one of the units.

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

She had me jump a little mini course a few times. My coach was happy with me because there were no grumpy faces or whining and there hasn't been for a while now. 

Eek! That is good progress.

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

Anywho I'm going to end the night cuddled on the couch with 2 out of 3 doggos rereading Harry Potter

Sigh. I miss reading with my cats 😿

I saw this this morning and thought you might find it amusing. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Whisper said:

The only really useful PE class I had in High School went through a variety of activities no normally thought of as exercise, but with an aim of introducing kids to activities they might keep doing as adults. Bowling was one of the units.

Oh we had a PE class like that called "Leisure gym". I took it so I wouldn't have to do the 2km run. We didn't bowl but we did rock wall climbing, kick boxing, salsa dancing, jazz, etc. It was fun.

31 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I saw this this morning and thought you might find it amusing. Hope you feel better soon.

Haha love it. My sisters horse will actually do this. You have to watch your zippers around that one.

• Like 2

A little late to the party also, but I agree with everyone else, horseback riding totally counts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I am happy to say that over the holidays my foot was given a break from being sat on and it went back to normal (not being ouchy). But now that I am back at work I keep finding myself wanting to sit on my leg :( I need a foot rest or something. I hate sitting with both feet on the ground.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rookie said:

So I am happy to say that over the holidays my foot was given a break from being sat on and it went back to normal (not being ouchy). But now that I am back at work I keep finding myself wanting to sit on my leg :( I need a foot rest or something. I hate sitting with both feet on the ground.

Would crossing your legs with your foot on top of your knee work? Can you bully your boss into a footrest? Do  you have a big box of printer paper you could improvise one out of?

• Like 3

Spoiler

Also, love the Daisy sticking her tounge out at us profile pic.

• Like 1

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

LOL I just noticed that, that's an awesome pic. :D 

• Like 2

Would crossing your legs with your foot on top of your knee work? Can you bully your boss into a footrest? Do  you have a big box of printer paper you could improvise one out of?

It doesn't fit as well under my desk for some reason. I could try though. It does give a good stretch.I have a shoe box under my desk but its full of comics lol. I could find a box to bring from home or I am sure if I asked they would get me one. I like to fidget.. I am wondering if a medicine ball or wobble board would be fun to play around with. So far the foot on top of leg seems okay.

22 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

LOL I just noticed that, that's an awesome pic. :D 

Hehe its one of my favourite pictures :) Thought it was time for a change

• Like 4