J3NN Designed her Destiny

J3NN

Today was vacation mode but we are home now. The only thing I got done tonight was making dinner and seeing up my bujo weekly for next week so I have a game plan for things to do.

So tired, great weekend, hubby got 3rd in his race!

I got in over 11,000 steps, that hasn't happened in months.

Ready for a rest now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

2 hours ago, J3NN said:

Today was vacation mode but we are home now. The only thing I got done tonight was making dinner and seeing up my bujo weekly for next week so I have a game plan for things to do.

Good for you that you have a separate vacation mode :). I think that making dinner and planning the next week are perfect activities for a Sunday night. Combined with 11k steps during the day it's no wonder that you didn't feel like doing even more things during the evening.

• Like 2

Here's my Week 1 check-in...

Challenge Quests

• A place for everything and everything in it’s place
    • I picked a place, and then circumstances led me to work on another, but I was able to remove all my clothes from the closet, go through them to identify stuff to give to charity, bag it all up and put it out for tomorrow; my goal is to do 3 areas over the challenge, I think I'm still on target for that.
  • Explore fitness activities to find exercise I enjoy and will do consistently
    • I did 78 minutes of activity Sun-Sat, and covered 3.58 miles. I use a Huawei fitness tracker, and it is saying that my Heart-rate is staying in the warm-up range, so that's not what my doctor wants, but again, this is just getting my baseline recorded. So that's my first data to start working with.
    • Wednesday I did 1.99 miles with my walk-group.
    • Sunday I did 12, 192 steps, I haven't done that since September. My plantar fasciitis is there, but I don't feel like it's overly aggravated for it.
    • This Saturday, if all goes well, I'll be attending an instructor led bodyweight workout/stretch session to try out my first type of activity in testing what I want to do to be more active.
  • Create opportunities to share common interests (with friends and family)
    • I scheduled the speak easy trip for March.
    • We agreed on Ghostbusters for our theme for Halloween and will start planning costumes and props for that.
    • We talked about doing a Luchadore party for Cinco de Mayo but it's a Tuesday night so we'll see about that, we may find some other time.
  • Uncover and follow my spiritual path
    • I read my devotionals every day, except for the Sunday we were traveling, and I did at least 750 words of journaling each of those days.
    • I have my minerals and my correspondence book out and easily accessible, and I have been wearing different minerals for different intentions.
    • I have charged all my minerals under the light of the full moon.

Habit tracking

• Update Challenge daily 5/7
  • Read Simple Abundance 6/7
  • Read Everyday Witchcraft 6/7
  • 750 words of journaling based on the two devotionals 6/7
  • Pneumatic compression therapy 3 times, 1 hr before work,  1.5 - 2 hrs after - 12 sessions. Not the best, because I intentionally decided to stop for two days to see if it mattered... it does.
  • Track minutes of exercise so I have a base number to work an increase from - 78 minutes, low-intensity
  • Update perpetual journal - I'm up to date, but I only did it at night like I'm supposed to 5/7 times
  • Put things away - 6/7
  • Do one happy item each day - I did more than one every day
    • Petting cats
    • Playing PokemonGo
    • Crocheting
    • Drawing
    • Reading
    • Watching TV with family
    • Walking
    • Eating delicious tasties
    • Snuggles
    • Disney songs
    • Talking to sis-in-law
    • Listening to my favorite playlists
    • Planning new spreads in Bullet journal
    • Enjoying a special beverage
  • Track stretch goals
    • Meditate - 0
    • Spiritual practice - 5
    • Simple Abundance Tools - 0
    • Gratitude Journal - 5

So, not a bad week. My weekend of travel messed with my routine, so I'm hoping to get back into it. Between the holidays and that I don't feel like I've had a normal week yet, and the next two weekends are 3 day weekends, so I'm still not going to get it, but I'm going to do the best I can.

• Like 5

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

11 hours ago, J3NN said:

So, not a bad week. My weekend of travel messed with my routine, so I'm hoping to get back into it. Between the holidays and that I don't feel like I've had a normal week yet, and the next two weekends are 3 day weekends, so I'm still not going to get it, but I'm going to do the best I can.

I would say you are doing good. I totally understand the lack of normal right now, especially since you took a trip, but hopefully things get a bit more normal for you soon. You are doing great.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 1/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, J3NN said:

Has anyone done anything more detailed like that for mood trackers?

Hey J3NN! Following along :) I lurve bujos. The most in depth trackers I've ever done involved calendars with color coding for my menstral cycle and then symbol coding to track how it effected different aspects of my life. I've seen some cool ones that do color for mood per day and then details are plotted on a graph so you can visualize the ups and down but I never went into it. Would be interested in seeing what you come up with! I love seeing people's solutions for trackers

• Like 2

You're doing well :). I'm glad that the PCT actually helps, and that you don't have to use the annoying thing for nothing. I hope that you have better weather than the rest of us, it would be cool to follow up those 12k steps with something similar ;). Does your doctor have any tips for the plantar fasciitis? Walking sounds like the best exercise for you at the moment, and it would be a pity if you'd have to stop it.

Anyway, have fun in week 2!

• Like 2

Update for yesterday:

• I removed two bags of clothes from my closet and donated them today
    • I found the book by Lonely Planet, Happy, and read through it and made some ideas about how to connect, I'm thinking of a game night the weekend of Carnaval, a combined May the 4th be with you/Cinco de Mayo Star Wars luchadore party and, then a family thing for when we're on vacation in Hawaii, Raksha Bandhan, a ceremony where brothers and sisters (and all family) have a special meal and recognize each other. This will be the first time we've ever vacationed with family, and for my niece and nephew it'll be the last one before my niece goes off to college, so I think it could be special for she and her brother to have something special to commemorate it.

Today is crazy busy at work... not sure what happened, it's not chaos, but it's a steady hum and more intense than normal.

• Like 4

J3NN

Today was better? I don't know, I'm just ready for a 3 day weekend to recover and prep and start fresh.

Goal wise, I've done little over the last two days. I was psyching myself to clean the freezer, but that probably won't happen tonight now that I've sat down. I will do it before grocery shopping though so I can plan accordingly.

There are 3 hockey games this weekend so that will cover my people connection goal. I also started thinking about Valentine's day and what to do with/for hubby.

Fitness wise, I was gifted a 30 day pass for yoga, I think I may work into March to claim it, but we'll see. I am better at teaching my fitness on my tracker so that's good too.

Spirit, I've been using rocks, and I meant to light a candle tonight but I forgot, I'll do it when I get up. I need to understand how to make it more connected though.

So that's me...

• Like 2

J3NN

Updates and week 2 check-in:

• I made my project plan for this, and I did the first two steps for my vanity, removing everything, putting everything back I use daily (and weekly, and the replacement stock I have) and then put everything else in a box, or threw it away if it was nearly empty or expired. It' definitely made it easier to see and find the things on the shelves and drawers, and especially under the sink. I didn't touch my husband's stuff and he was immediately annoyed by his side so I suspect he'll be doing his side soon.
    • I also cleaned out our freezer and completely organized it. I made a list of all the things we have in my meal planning/grocery list app, and I used the proteins we already have in all the meals this week so I didn't have to buy new things. I'm not counting this as done because I had counted the kitchen as a whole, and I only did the freezer, but it's a start, and it felt great to be able to plan my shopping this way and to be able find things in the freezer again.
    • No progress here, my tasks this week will have me start working on this more. I do have my first class next Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.
    • Last weekend we created a group chat with our hockey family (other season ticket holders we've sat by for years) and so we chatted off and on all week and the game on Friday night was pretty awesome.
    • We're looking to plan a cocktail party next month, but we'll see if people can make it the weekend we want
    • Also planning a trip to Joshua Tree to go hiking and rock climbing, so all in all we're looking at making plans
    • I updated my books to read list on Goodreads, adding in all the books I have on my Kindle that I haven't read yet. I have a very long list, my next step is to prioritize them. 
    • Reading the devotional and making myself write about is making a difference in my learning. I haven't been able to do much practicing. And even though I just told myself to do something specific with the next load of laundry, I totally forgot when I went in there.
    • This week I need to commit to a specific ceremony, ritual or practice to start taking it to the next step. I learned this week about kitchen alchemy, magical bath/showers, familiars, deities and honoring them with candlelight, and some other things too. 
    • The biggest thing I'm seeing is that magic is about intent, it seems like taking your affirmations and positive thoughts and imbuing them into everything you do to keep it top of mind all the time. I'm not very good at that, so this could be a good practice for me.

Habit tracking:

• Update Challenge daily 5/7
  • Read Simple Abundance 7/7 (did 2 on 1 day because of weekend trip)
  • Read Everyday Witchcraft  7/7 (did 2 on 1 day because of weekend trip)
  • 750 words of journaling based on the two devotionals 7/7 
  • Pneumatic compression therapy 3 times, 1 hr before work,  1.5 - 2 hrs after 7/7 (1 day was only 1 short session)
  • Track minutes of exercise so I have a base number to work an increase from 37 min, over 5 times, so not as good this week. Didn't get the Wed. walk due to work issues 
  • Update perpetual journal 7/7
  • Put things away 7/7
  • Do one happy item each day (2-6 each day)
  • Track stretch goals
    • Meditate - 0
    • Spiritual practice - 4 (only wearing stones with intent)
    • Gratitude Journal - 7

This coming week these are my goals:

• Organize my vanity items
    • I may pick another area to work on, I have some more clutter in the master bedroom that has been weighing on me, and the meal prep for all meals, could use some work, so I could pick the kitchen, but we'll see how the headaches and work are this week
    • Book Paint Sesh for my girlfriend and I (if they update their schedule)
    • Use art time with hubby to create Valentine's day gifts for loved ones
    • Organize my stones and study the intents for the ones I have, make it easy for me to pull them daily
    • Get a tarot deck (they have one at Michael's that you color, I may get that one)
    • Set up spiritual resource shelf
    • New moon spread, write abundance check
  • Like 2

J3NN

On 1/20/2020 at 1:23 AM, J3NN said:

I didn't touch my husband's stuff and he was immediately annoyed by his side so I suspect he'll be doing his side soon.

Yay, you're having a good influence!

On 1/20/2020 at 1:23 AM, J3NN said:

I had counted the kitchen as a whole

Uh oh, the kitchen is the worst! There's the fridge, which is usually more or less okay, then there's the freezer, where you don't look as often, and then there's the pantry. I would count the pantry as a separate thing entirely, there's so much stuff in there ;). And then we haven't even started on the tupperware, pans and ziploc bags.

Have fun with your bodyweight class :).

• Like 2
On 1/19/2020 at 6:23 PM, J3NN said:
    • I made my project plan for this, and I did the first two steps for my vanity, removing everything, putting everything back I use daily (and weekly, and the replacement stock I have) and then put everything else in a box, or threw it away if it was nearly empty or expired. It' definitely made it easier to see and find the things on the shelves and drawers, and especially under the sink. I didn't touch my husband's stuff and he was immediately annoyed by his side so I suspect he'll be doing his side soon.

I love when this happens. Asking or trying to make others doesn't work, but when they see the results and decide to do it on their own, its a great feeling.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

I was forced to take a break this week when I woke up Tuesday morning, stretched and promptly pinched a nerve. It's now Thursday night and I'm still stiff and sore but my range of motion is at least coming back. This was not how I planned on spending my week or burning my vacation days. My boss let me work from home today, so at least I only had to use two days. (not counting that Monday was a holiday...buh bye paid leave)

I've had a lot of time to binge tv and think. And watch tv, and think. I did not have any major revelations... I was thinking about the meditation thing for next challenge, and concerned about the workout on Saturday now, and wondering if I should bribe myself to do better at my job (but with what) and that's about all I've got. I keep coming back to wanting to try Couch to 5K, but I'm afraid of my plantar fasciitis. I was also wondering why I'm so resistant to drawing now that I have my art cart. And other random stuff like that. I am ready for longer days and shorter nights. 45 days until time change. That feels like an eternity. Sigh. I need to work on my new moon spread and my last weekly spread and my monthly review spread and then an imbolc spread, so I better get busy. That will give me something interesting to do for a while at least. I'm very lonely and cabin fevery after three days and I look forward to going out tomorrow into the great big world. Plus... I broke all my PoGo streaks so I have to start over.

No challenge update since I haven't been doing much.

• Sad 3

J3NN

Sounds like it's been a tough week, I'm sorry to hear. Dealing with an injury certainly doesn't help with outlook, I hit a wall of depression around week 6 of my sprain when it was "supossed" to be getting better but wasn't. Sounds like having some spreads to cast future thought on is a great outlet for downtime away from other activities tho! And if you ever want some tips on managing plantar fasciitis with running, let me know, it's pretty common and I've seen a lot of successes come out of it! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Maybe the art resistance is because now you need to worry about putting things back so they are clean and organized .. so it feels less spontaneous? 

You, my dear, may be on to something... that's definitely worth ponderance. Hmm. And if it is, how do I overcome it?

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

Sounds like having some spreads to cast future thought on is a great outlet for downtime away from other activities tho! And if you ever want some tips on managing plantar fasciitis with running, let me know, it's pretty common and I've seen a lot of successes come out of it! 

I did get a couple spreads done yesterday so that was a good distraction, productive use of my time and kept me off my screen.  I'd love some tips... I had completely recovered at one point, but it's eased it's way back in, and I find myself very gun shy now. I'm horrible at doing my exercises, if I would just do that, I'd probably be fine... Another opportunity for my next challenge...

• Like 1

J3NN

10 hours ago, J3NN said:

You, my dear, may be on to something... that's definitely worth ponderance. Hmm. And if it is, how do I overcome it?

Either embrace it and make a ritual around it. Be conscious that is the reason and force yourself to start. Make it fun to put your things away. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Checking in now that I'm getting back to myself. I still have some neck pain, but it's very manageable compared to what it was.

• I'm supposed to organize my vanity items so they're efficient, but I've found that with the less items, and my previous organization, it was already fine, so I've haven't felt a need to reorganize anything.
    • Next step is to figure out what to do with all that stuff... I don't really know that you can donate any lotions or products, and I doubt anyone will buy it or even take it for free, so I'm stumped.
    • Keep tracking minutes each day - this week looks bad... with my injury it's naught. for real. I did yardwork and stuff today but I wasn't tracking it.
    • Bodyweight class - rescheduled to Feb 1
    • Make a list of all the fitness activities you’re interested in- Done, I'll put the list in a spoiler, I came up with nearly 40 items, looking at it I'm not sure how I can be so inactive...
    • Spoiler
      • Belly dancing
      • Line dancing
      • None to Run
      • Couch to 5k
      • Hiking
      • Walk group meet up in Redlands
      • Walk group
      • Basic bodyweight exercises (Nerd Fitness)
      • Darebee challenges
      • Yoga
      • Bodyweight exercises/stretches (LB Fitness)
      • Seven minut workout
      • ClassPass
      • Bicycle/Mountain Bike
      • Kayak
      • Skateboarding
      • Skating
      • Gymnastics
      • Martial arts
      • Tai chi
      • Tennis
      • Pickle Ball
      • Frisbee (golf)
      • Hula hooping
      • Rope courses
      • Knife throwing
      • Horseback riding
      • Aerial Yoga
      • Circus
      • Swimming
      • Parkour
      • Zumba
      • Chair workouts
      • Fitness Marshall Dance videos
      • Water aerobics
      • Gardening
      • Themed workouts (Nerdfitness)
      • Walk to Mordor
      • Figure 8

• Book Paint Sesh for my girlfriend and I - she asked to wait until after Lent, so we're waiting for the calendar to be updated to that far
    • Organize my stones and study the intents for the ones I have, make it easy for me to pull them daily - I've organized and I have my correspondence book with them, but I'm not really studying them
    • Get a tarot deck - I got one! and a Labyrinth meditation book too.
    • New moon spread, write abundance check - done

Tomorrow starts the AHL All-star festivities and we have tickets to both days, so I'll be doing what I can, but expect to be preoccupied largely. Only a few things left to do this week though.

• Like 2

J3NN

On 1/26/2020 at 3:57 AM, J3NN said:

Checking in now that I'm getting back to myself. I still have some neck pain, but it's very manageable compared to what it was.

I'm glad you're doing better again. Dealing with injuries is tough, especially when you finally found the motivation to go do something :/.

That's also an impressive list of things you'd like to try! Have fun trying to find your best fit :).

• Like 1
On 1/25/2020 at 9:57 PM, J3NN said:
    • I'm supposed to organize my vanity items so they're efficient, but I've found that with the less items, and my previous organization, it was already fine, so I've haven't felt a need to reorganize anything

Ohhh I still need to do this 😕 but so many random stuffs my mom has given me.  Also maybe check local womans shelters? They might accept lotions if they are not unopened or hardly used. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:57 PM, J3NN said:

Make a list of all the fitness activities you’re interested in- Done, I'll put the list in a spoiler, I came up with nearly 40 items, looking at it I'm not sure how I can be so inactive...

Image result for equestrian gif HORSEBACK RIDING YOU SAY!? do it do it do it

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

After last week my rhythm has just been off... but here's an update.

• I'd hoped to do three focus areas this month, maybe that was for the quarter, but I only did 1, and haven't even finished all four steps for that, I somehow missed putting this on my to do list, or something, I'm not sure. So note to self, be more detailed.
    • Keep tracking minutes each day - still bad, only two tiny 10 minute walks this week.
    • Bodyweight class - rescheduled to Feb 1, I think it's still planned, not looking forward to 45 degree workout...
    • I haven't done art with my husband for Valentine's, I did do a little art tonight, but that wasn't with anyone
    • Organize my stones and study the intents for the ones I have, make it easy for me to pull them daily - no progress on that, but I have been using my new knowledge to try to practice setting intents for the stones I wear each day
  • Habits (last 7 days)
    • Update Challenge daily 3/7
    • Read Simple Abundance 7/7 
    • Read Everyday Witchcraft  7/7 
    • 750 words of journaling based on the two devotionals 7/7 
    • Pneumatic compression therapy 2-3 sessions per day 6/7
    • Track minutes of exercise so I have a base number to work - 17 minutes, way down
    • Update perpetual journal 7/7 (had to do some catch up)
    • Put things away 6/7
    • Do one happy item each day (2-6 each day)
    • Track stretch goals
      • Meditate - 0
      • Spiritual practice - 1
      • Gratitude Journal - 4 (did get caught up so am at 7)

With the month ending, my habit tracker is ending too. so I'm going to change up my habits starting next week. I'll do the rest of the challenge update at the normal time...

• Like 3

J3NN

Spent the evening in memory and tribute to Kobe Bryant. [emoji22]

Finished my February bullet journal setup including my new habit trackers. I'll be starting my challenge a bit early, I'm doing a 4 week mediation challenge starting tomorrow, so I'm (mostly) ready for that now.

My class was cancelled again, the trainer is going to wait for more members, so I'm on my own for a bit. I think I'll get out the hula hoop.

Here are my spreads. Sorry if the images are huge.
61819aa4c563bc64f24d982dea59545c.jpg38d75aed256cd8aa4c268c13db62b19f.jpg08c486af2e6e21480cc129c17080c98a.jpge4af347888dc798a62776e5271db4fac.jpg813f34e4184983e8bec69808247b7c75.jpg

• Like 3

J3NN