J3NN Designed her Destiny

J3NN

Today was a busy day, but good. After watching the Kobe tribute last night it was easy to get motivated and be productive. 

It is Imbolc, the return of the sun and a celebration of the goddess Brigit, goddess of smithing, healing, and creativity (especially poetry). Here in Southern California, we hit a glorious temperature in the 80s which made it pretty easy to think about returning sun... even as I know other parts of the continent were not so fortunate. I created a mini-alter with a candle lit in honor of Brigit, with salt and bay leaves. It's my first experience with this, I didn't think I spent enough time with intent, but I'm taking this one step at a time.

One way to honor this holiday is to begin your spring cleaning, so my family worked at cleaning in bedrooms today, I finally got  my cabinet cleared so I can have a place for all my spiritual resources and we moved out some old furniture, trash and things to give away and then we dusted and vacuumed. It was nice to have the windows open to let in fresh air  and to feel like we're being productive.

I also planned a special Imbolc feast. We're having Irish soda-bread which I made earlier, and having salsa chicken, mashed potatoes and a salad. The homemade bread was really wonderful and I was definitely practicing some kitchen witchery there. :) 

Tomorrow is super bowl Sunday, so we'll do some more spring cleaning and then settle in to watch the entertainment with some more kitchen witchery - spinach dip, chicken enchilada dip and veggies with hummus. Nom. 

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

9 hours ago, Waanie said:

Your spreads are very beautiful :). I especially like your calendar one, with the shadows and beautiful colouring and all.

Thank you! I just copy other people from Pinterest and YouTube. :)

Today, was busy, lots more cleaning, and lots of cooking. I'm way more tired and in pain than I should be. I'm not sure what's going on. I hope I'm not coming down with something. We've had a few people sick in the office. So crossing fingers my body is just lazy and not sick.

I did my first meditation today, I think that's part of the reason I was sore. It was a breathing meditation and I sat on the floor with my back against the bed and half way through I started to become really uncomfortable. I'll have to find some pillows. I was feeling tired then and it was very relaxing so hard to feel energized from it. But I did the whole thing and I downloaded insight timer so I can do some smaller ones.

I think I"ll go make a chai latte and see if that makes me feel better. If not it'll get me ready for bed.

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

4 hours ago, J3NN said:

Today, was busy, lots more cleaning, and lots of cooking. I'm way more tired and in pain than I should be. I'm not sure what's going on. I hope I'm not coming down with something. We've had a few people sick in the office. So crossing fingers my body is just lazy and not sick.

-hugs- I hope you won't get sick! Just keep it slow for a few days, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and even if it's a beginning sickness it might go away soon ;). Listen to your body :).

• Like 2
On 2/2/2020 at 11:16 PM, Waanie said:

I hope you won't get sick!

No such luck, it hit, and it was a bad week. I'm so glad the week is over, but I feel like I'm deep down in a hole now.

Working to climb out this weekend and see where things stand. Thank you - hugs-

• Like 1

J3NN