Annyshay in Terre d'Ange

annyshay

Hello Nerds. I'm annyshay! Welcome. 

I've been working on my health for several years on these forums and gone through some big changes. I no longer diet. I eat intentionally. I no longer force myself to stick to stringent workout regimens. I'm moving in ways that feel good. I've focused on my mental health first and foremost. A lot of things are falling in to place from there. I no longer go it alone. I've got a health coach that keeps me grounded and rooted in love. 

With all these changes my challenges have become somewhat fluid. I still find them a great way to commit to myself and to find accountability and camaraderie on the forums. 

This challenge, I want to take you into a bit of a niche of nerdery. If you've never read Kushiel's Dart and aren't too squeamish about sensual and sexual scenes, I suggest that you check it out. It's an amazing story, and quite possibly my favorite work of fantasy (cover J.R.R.'s ears). The story is an epic romp, and the characters are soooooooo well developed. I want to base my challenge off three of my favorites.

phedre-joscelin-crop.jpg?fit=573,%2B9999

(Kushiel's Dart art by Tran Nguyen for Subterranean Press Link)

Joscelin - Movement

latest?cb=20190123165203

(Link)

Hyacinthe - Budget

phedrenodelaunay1

(art by donato Link)

Phedre - Making Friends

I'll be working on other things too, so there will be lots to talk about!

• Like 7

Love as thou wilt.

Friday w0d6

Joscelin - Movement

Totally forgot to do movement this morning, so I think I will do it tomorrow.

Hyacinthe - Budget

Haven't set up my budget in YNAB yet, also planning to do tomorrow or Sunday to kick of the challenge right.

Phedre - Making Friends

Researched other possible churches to attend. Talked a lot about some of my blocks with leaving the church I'm currently attending in therapy. 

• Like 7

Love as thou wilt.

FIRST TO COMMENT! 😁

giphy.gif

It's good to see you again. You've spoken highly of this book several times, so I'm happy to see you use it as a theme for a challenge. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 4

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Saturday w0d7

Joscelin - Movement

Totally forgot to move again. Oops.

Hyacinthe - Budget

Haven't gotten this started yet. I guess I'm actually taking zero week for once.

Phedre - Making Friends

Didn't really do anything for this today.

I got my planner for 2020 and set that up with the intentions and core desired feelings that I want for the year. My intentions are basically the same as my goals for the challenge. My core desired feelings are - love, holy, communion, nurturing, and joy. The idea is that I will base my goals on how I want to feel instead of basing them on what I think I *should* be doing. 

After that, I cleared out a corner of my bedroom to set up as a meditation space. So far, I've got my diffuser, wake up light, crystals, and a candle over there. I ordered a meditation cushion, blanket, and a cool triforce shaped shelf to hang on the wall. I am excited to keep decorating the space and use it!

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

I was thinking of you this week! An article about a new Infectious Disease organization showed up in my inbox this week. It's slightly humorous how you are now stuck in my head along with infectious diseases. :D 

Love your challenge and those books are on my to read list! I was given that recommendation by someone else too, so they must be worth it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Good morning! I am following! 

ahem. I see you are not moving. GET MOVING! Put on some funky music and let loose! RELEASE THE ENDORPHINS! Muwahahahaha!
giphy.gif

Happy new Year!

SPOILER - I moved today. :) Thanks for the encouragement!

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

By the way your planner and calm space sound AMAZING and magical and I am stealing all the ideas 😇

Yay!

19 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I was thinking of you this week! An article about a new Infectious Disease organization showed up in my inbox this week. It's slightly humorous how you are now stuck in my head along with infectious diseases. :D 

Love your challenge and those books are on my to read list! I was given that recommendation by someone else too, so they must be worth it.

There are worse things to be associated with, I suppose, hehe.

READ THEM. Ahem. They're really good. :D

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Went to a new church this morning despite being on call. Met a few people and felt very welcomed.

I am really proud of you. We haven't been to any church in quite a while. I am hoping that after we move and get settled we will find one in which we feel welcomed.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

21 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

I am really proud of you. We haven't been to any church in quite a while. I am hoping that after we move and get settled we will find one in which we feel welcomed.

I've been having a hard time fitting in at the one I'd been attending, so I'm shaking it up and trying some new places. It's a process for sure. I hope that you find a great new place!

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Monday w1d2

Joscelin - Movement

Rest day.

Hyacinthe - Budget

Updated my budget.

Phedre - Making Friends

Picked out another church to visit this weekend. 

I am in desperate need of a day off. I've been either working or traveling since the beginning of December, and I am getting crabby. I have to make it to Saturday. I think that I can do it, but I'm having to be very mindful with myself and taking tons of breaks. My meditation cushion and new blanket came. I meditated last night using my new space, and it was lovely.

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

Tuesday w1d3

Joscelin - Movement

Did a 13 minute yoga video on warrior 1

Hyacinthe - Budget

Updated my budget

Phedre - Making Friends

Researched some support groups online.

Amy's got me working on a distraction free eating challenge where I take five meals a week and really tune in to what I'm feeling before, during, and after the meal without any screens or anything stressful going on as I'm eating. The hard part for me is the checking in while I'm eating. I'm supposed to stop every few bites to assess my fullness, cravings, and taste. It is supposed to feel a bit weird, but I don't really enjoy it. I suppose it's just for the short term.

Had a busy day full of patients at work. Tried to keep up with documentation, and I've got one not left to do today. Used my meditation space again. It makes me quite happy. 

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Another great challenge. Good for you for trying to find a church where you belong, this is so important. Hoping it will also help with the friends goal

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Another great challenge. Good for you for trying to find a church where you belong, this is so important. Hoping it will also help with the friends goal

Thanks darling!

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Glad to see you. :love_heart:

Will have a look at those books.

Yay. Glad you're here!

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Wednesday w1d4

Joscelin - Movement

Rest Day

Hyacinthe - Budget

Updated my budget

Phedre - Making Friends

Worked some more on finding support groups online

I had a ton of resistance to doing things today, so I am trying to be compassionate with myself and focus on the bare minimum for a little while. I am really looking forward to the weekend.

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

Thursday w1d5

Joscelin - Movement

Did the squat mobility mini session of NF yoga (~7 minutes)

Hyacinthe - Budget

Updated my budget

Phedre - Making Friends

No big steps today though I'm working on being more active here on the forums again

This week is dragging on, and I am so ready for the weekend. I've been working or traveling for weeks, and I just want a few days to sit at home and do nothing. 

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.