mom2sjm blames it on the boogie

mom2sjm

Blame It On The Boogie (Feb. 8th) 

Related image

I have 5 weeks to prepare myself for the dreaded school auction.  Not super excited, but my attendance is required at this 70s themed work event.  I might as well be as comfortable as I can be... 

Fitness Goal:  Get Ready For The Heels (gold platforms)

I work with third graders so I am on the go all day.  I also have four recess duties as well as one lunch room duty.  My shoe of choice?  Flats.  For the next 5 weeks I need to get ready for an evening in heels (I almost typed hell.  see where my head is at here?).  
Task (daily/1x pt)

• darebee calves of steel challenge

Diet Goal:  Get Ready For The Dress (DVF wrap, obviously)

I'm like 25 pounds away from my ideal weight.  Not a goal for this challenge, but if I could lose 5 pounds I bet I'd feel more comfortable in that wrap dress...

Tasks (daily/1x pt each)

• darebee salad a day challenge
  • dry January (husband unit is doing this too!)

Level Up My Life Goal:  Attitude Adjustment For The Event

I really hate this kind of thing.  It takes a lot of energy for me to socialize and I usually reserve it for friends and family, but this work event is happening and I have to go.  I think it would help if I pushed myself out of my comfort zone more regularly so that I'm not overwhelmed by it on the night of the event.  

Task (daily/1x pt)

• "become a happier & healthier you in 30 days" challenge

• Like 5

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

54 minutes ago, mom2sjm said:

I should probably work in some heel walking practice time during this challenge...  maybe on the weekends.  30 minutes?  see if all those calf stretches are helping me out!

Sounds good! Depending on the height of your heels, I wouldn't start with 30 minutes. Maybe 2x5 minutes? The one time when I prefer to walk on heels is when my calves are sore, since they don't need to stretch as much in heels :P.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2020 at 7:58 PM, mom2sjm said:

I work with third graders

You are my hero.  

On 1/4/2020 at 7:58 PM, mom2sjm said:

an evening in heels

That right there is a workout in itself!  I read somewhere that the balance of the shoes themselves actually comes into play too.  

• Like 1

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

Okay.  Here are the shoes (and part of the dress).  I did some practice walking this weekend.  As for the rest of the week here are the results:

• calves of steel challenge - 6/7 days, 6 pts
  • a salad a day challenge - 5/7 days, 5 pts
  • dry january - 7/7 days, 7 pts
  • happy you challenge - 7/7 days, 7 pts

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.56976613679640c31673b3fe9219f74f.JPG

weigh in - lost some water weight I think due to the dry january.  

• 146.5 lbs
  • 36% body fat
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

UGH DVF is so fab!! And those heel, love them though yes, I know how real that struggle is! Good call on the calf stretches, which ones are you doing? I've done pretty well with foot rollers and massage balls too ^_^ 

• Like 1

Week 3

calves of steel - 1pt (I did practice walk in the shoes)

salad a day - 5pts

dry january - 7 pts

happy - 5pts

145.5lbs

36% body fat

Image result for that 70s show sick jackie

I was ill all week (still went to work - couldn't afford to take a sick day after all the snow days) so it was just pure survival mode.  feeling better today so hope to get back to it this week.

• Sad 1

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

Week Four

Image result for richard simmons disco gif"

141.5lbs

33.5% body fat

calves of steel:  3/7

salad:  6/7

dry jan:  7/7

happy:  3/7

This is it.  The final stretch.  Blame it on the Boogie is this coming Saturday.  Since most of my challenge were 30 day challenges my plan going forward is to fill in the blanks as there were lots of days I didn't meet my goals.  except for the dry january which I did 100%.  going to keep it dry until saturday though.  want to eliminate as much bloat as possible.

• Like 1

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

Blame it on the Boogie - End of Challenge Recap
image.thumb.png.26d418fcc7c23ab463d98f2368263433.png

I didn't end up wearing my DVF wrap dress but you see I followed through on the shoes.  They weren't too terrible but I was super happy to take them off at the end of the evening.  I sat at a great table with people I liked so that really helped relieve some of the anxiety I was feeling.  I did leave before the end but I stayed longer than I normally do.  The food was yummy and I really enjoyed my beer after my extended dry January :)

over 100, so YAY!  plus I reached my weight loss goal (see below) so I get to level up!!

Pounds lost:  8

think some of that was water weight from dry jan because overall I only lost 1% body fat so probably more like right at 5 pounds lost?

• Like 2

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge