Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Anim07734

POKEMON

pokemon.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Basic Rules:

- This sidequest is open to any who wish to participate.  No sign-ups necessary, just add your name and start hunting!

- This sidequest will run through February 8th.

- To catch Pokemon, you'll first need to perform an appropriate activity to earn their trust. 

-The activity will vary depending on the Pokemon's type, and will be detailed when they appear at the beginning of each week.

-You can catch more Pokemon by repeating the activity as often as you like each week.

-You'll have the option to catch multiple Pokemon each week!  Pursue as many or as few as you like!

-Suggestions for exercise variants can be found here, but you’re free to use any exercise that meets the criteria.

-Modifications for injuries or other physical issues will be provided on a case by case basis whenever possible.

- If you have any questions, just ask!

Normal Sidequest Rules:

- Sidequests are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.  

- Don't let sidequests hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

xil7elxojjn21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The best place to start is at the beginning, so this week we'll be pursuing the starter Pokemon types!

Fire Type Pokemon like Charmander, Cyndaquil, and Tepig need a lot of energy to keep those flames burning.  Prepare healthy meals to prove you can care for them!  Only meals with at least one vegetable will count for this task, but you'll catch one Fire Type Pokemon for each meal you prepare this week!

Water Type Pokemon like Squirtle, Piplup, and Oshawott live in lakes and oceans, making them difficult to approach.  Wade out to them by performing lunges to show you're tough enough to befriend them!  You'll catch one Water Type Pokemon for every 10 lunges (both legs) you perform this week!

Grass Type Pokemon like Bulbasaur, Turtwig, and Snivy can be difficult to find because they blend in with the plants around them.  You'll need to do plenty of walking to find draw them out!  You'll catch one Grass Type Pokemon for every 2km you walk this week!

You have until 11:59PM Eastern on January 11th to catch these Pokemon!

To start catching Pokemon of your own, just sign up and start hunting!

• Like 2

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I will probably be catching mostly fire types this week, but signing up anyway

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Things I can do, yay! 😁

So if I cook dinner and then take the leftovers for lunch, does that count as one meal or two? 🤔 I don't really 'prepare' lunch, I just throw it in a tupperware.

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

10 hours ago, starsapart said:

Excellent, in for this! I can't lunge because ow, broken toes, but I can cook and I can walk. 😊

Do you have any comparable exercises you can do as substitution?

2 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

So if I cook dinner and then take the leftovers for lunch, does that count as one meal or two? 🤔 I don't really 'prepare' lunch, I just throw it in a tupperware.

That's one meal prepared.  Similarly, I tend to make a batch of food, then just eat the leftovers all week, but it still only counts as one prepared meal.

You can get around this by making variations on the same meal.  For example, I'll make spaghetti sauce, then make different vegetables to pour it over each day.  Different prep makes it a new meal. ;)

• Like 2

By vegetable, are we going by botanical definitions (tomatoes and squash don't count) or by "society says it's a vegetable so it is a vegetable" definition? (Corn and maybe potatoes count)

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

19 minutes ago, Snickie said:

By vegetable, are we going by botanical definitions (tomatoes and squash don't count) or by "society says it's a vegetable so it is a vegetable" definition? (Corn and maybe potatoes count)

We're going with a loose, "food/nutritional group" definition.  Tomatoes and squash are fine; corn is okay (though really more of a grain <_<); potatoes are a starch/carb.

Use your judgement and try to give your body the healthy foods it deserves. ;)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Do you have any comparable exercises you can do as substitution?

Squats? I can't put weight on my toes so lunges are out, but I'm squatting a lot this challenge anyway, and it doesn't hurt me since my feet are flat on the ground?

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

3 hours ago, starsapart said:

Squats? I can't put weight on my toes so lunges are out, but I'm squatting a lot this challenge anyway, and it doesn't hurt me since my feet are flat on the ground?

Pick a squat variation that feels comparable then.  Don't want to weaken your Pokemon team by missing out on a type. :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Pick a squat variation that feels comparable then.  Don't want to weaken your Pokemon team by missing out on a type. :P

I'll just count only weighted ones, since arguably bodyweight squats are easier than bodyweight lunges. Thank you!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Using my Samsung Health app to track my distance for this challenge. Today it says I've walked 3.48 miles and while I did do a good bit of walking today, it still seems a bit high to me. Oh well.

Lol how is it I can do 20 lunges (eventually) and still climb stairs but if I do 20 bodyweight squats I'm limited to flat ground and using my arms to sit for up to five days afterwards?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After a week of Pokemon Hunting:

1st Place: @starsapart with 14 Pokemon caught

2nd Place: @Mad Hatter with 10 Pokemon caught

3rd Place: @Snickie with 7 Pokemon caught

Good job, Trainers!  Keep up the good work!

n3fksgdjbrshkap4qf7jxgmdncptcq73_hq.jpg

• Like 1

1521561936437.png

As we explore, we'll find more types of Pokemon!  Let's see what we found this week!

Normal Type Pokemon like Eevee, Teddiursa, and Slakoth vary wildly in temperament and preferred environment.  You'll need to do your research to find them!  You'll catch one Normal Type Pokemon for every hour of reading (whatever you'd like) you do this week!

Bug Type Pokemon like Caterpie, Combee, and Dewpider can be difficult to find because of their size and camouflage.  Try getting close to the ground and sneaking up on them!  You'll catch one Bug Type Pokemon for every 3 inchworms you perform this week!

Flying Type Pokemon like Pidgey, Wingull, and Rowlet live high up in trees or on cliffs away from people.  You'll need to get up high too, if you want to catch them!  You'll catch one Flying Type Pokemon for every 5 pullups (of any challenging progression) you perform this week!

You have until 11:59PM Eastern on January 18th to catch these Pokemon!

• Like 1

Week 2 of Pokemon Hunting:

1st Place: @starsapart with 9 Pokemon caught

2nd Place: @Anim07734 with 5 Pokemon caught

3rd Place: @Snickie with 3 Pokemon caught

Pokemon-Halloween_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZPnX

Hey, we found a cave this week!  Let's see what Pokemon are inside!

Ground Type Pokemon like Diglett, Gible, and Mudbray are solid and sturdy.  To gain their trust, you should be too!  You'll catch one Ground Type Pokemon for every 10 meters(m) of farmers' carry you perform this week!

Fighting Type Pokemon like Machop, Makuhita, and Riolu spend most of their timing sparring.  Join their training to impress them!  You'll catch one Fighting Type Pokemon for every 5 minutes of shadowboxing (or similar activity) you perform this week!

Ghost Type Pokemon like Gastly, Drifloon, and Phantump enjoy scaring people.  To impress them, you'll have to withstand their attention!  You'll catch one Ghost Type Pokemon for every 5 minutes of meditation you perform this week!

Poison Type Pokemon like Ekans, Gulpin, and Toxapex are dangerous to approach.  You have to dodge and duck and twist just to get close!  You'll catch one Poison Type Pokemon for every 10 minutes of mobility work you perform this week!

You have until 11:59PM Eastern on January 25th to catch these Pokemon!

• Like 1

Farmer's carry: carry in all the grocery bags at once. Because multiple trips are for wusses. Lol jk but still

Shadow boxing: can I just do old Tae-Bo video workouts?

What is this thing you call... mobility work?

5 hours ago, Snickie said:

Farmer's carry: carry in all the grocery bags at once. Because multiple trips are for wusses. Lol jk but still

True statement.

Shadow boxing: can I just do old Tae-Bo video workouts?

That's a good variation.

What is this thing you call... mobility work?

Anything that focuses on flexibility and movement.  Stretching, yoga, the warrior minichallenge, etc.

• Thanks 1

Week 3 of Pokemon Hunting:

1st Place: @Anim07734 with 10 Pokemon caught

2nd Place: @starsapart with 4 Pokemon caught

1541971948520.jpg

Time to move on and see what other Pokemon we can find!

Electric Type Pokemon like Pikachu, Mareep, and Shinx are fast; really fast.  You'll have to sprint to catch up to them!  You'll catch one Electric Type Pokemon for every 10 seconds of sprinting you perform this week!  Keep in mind that a sprint is your personal max speed, no one else's.

Fairy Type Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Togepi, and Swirlix are playful and mischievous.  Lure them out of hiding by doing something you enjoy!  You'll catch one Fairy Type Pokemon for every 15 minutes you spend playing this week!  Your play time can be any physical activity you do just because you enjoy it.

Psychic Type Pokemon like Abra, Ralts, and Woobat are social and prefer to meet friendly people.  Prove your friendliness to them by greeting strangers!  You'll catch one Psychic Type Pokemon for each stranger you greet this week!

Steel Type Pokemon like Magnemite, Beldum, and Klink are heavy.  You'll have to be strong to get them out of their hiding places!  You'll catch one Steel Type Pokemon for every 20 squats (of a challenging progression) you perform this week!

You have until 11:59PM Eastern on February 2nd to catch these Pokemon!

• Like 2

Oops I totally forgot to log my farmer's carries this week. 😅

Would love to drag out my roller blades for the "play time" this week.

• Like 1

Oh Yeah! I'm soo joining this 👍🏽😁

I've got some catching up to do!

• Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

On 1/26/2020 at 1:38 PM, Anim07734 said:

You'll catch one Psychic Type Pokemon for each stranger you greet this week!

Social nitpicking in the spoiler.

😬 I work in education. I don't know all my students well. Is it low balling if I say ten but actually have maybe 40 students total (not counting the other 60ish from the TA job) or is it high balling because I see them every week?

What about my reception job at the Dr's office? Do I count every patient I schedule an appointment for even if I've seen them before?

How am I supposed to keep track of how many people I greet at my church this weekend when I'm serving as a greeter? We're not a small church (although we once were the largest church on the smallest campus, but then we got a bigger campus).