Getting ready

Athena

Sooo, I'm waiting for it to be time to take the tram to my first test. Been up since 4:20 AM & got ready, even stretched a bit. I mean. Just to treat the positives like I sometimes exaggerate the negatives:

Wow, that conflicts with the BS that I was telling myself right? Apparently I really want this. And I'm working for it. With zest. Just needed to remind myself that I am good company to be around, and stop picking and every little thing I perceived as SO wrong it's worth spending time on to dissect.

Because if I didn't want this degree, I would just quit & finish my thesis for my other degree. And it'd be over with.

Hell, I shoulda just quit a long time ago, then. Now I'm going to get something for my trouble. 

Last minute tried to figure some things out that I couldn't last night, because I can't help myself. One thing I did, the other... Meh.  But that's okay.

I revised most of the basics in 3 days after being sick and still eating very little. Nothing to get an A with, but I'm going to go into the exam hall feeling like I can ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS.

And if I fail this class, well, I've done most of the revision already.

Let's go!

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Breathe, you got this! So long as you can breathe, you're still in the fight. You can't beat the test if you've already beaten yourself.

You are worth every effort to befriend and you are going to rock this exam!

Image result for lets do this gif"

• That's Metal 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Keeping on giving myself compassion for not reaching out to friends in this busy time. I've told everyone what it's like for me right now, and if I had received that explenation from a friend, I would DEFINITELY not only be saying "of course, I understand" only out of politeness.

I survived the tests (woo hoo), curious about how I did but hey. That's behind us. 

I might have a little moment of celebration OR a moment to drink my sorrow away if I have failed any or both (drink them away with hot cocoa, that is. I don't really have time for hangovers.)

but for the rest I'm going ONWARDS and upwards.

Stayed up waaay too late on Friday evening because I was so pumped I was done. I'm back on earth now. 

I stretch a couple of times or more in the mean time but haven't been tracking in a while.

Carried that notebook I had named my "mentality/food journal" a while back in my handbag for a while, but today I finally wrote in it. 

I'm going to try to keep track of what I eat, when & (when applicable) the thoughts or feelings I have when I do so. State of the gut whenever I notice anything, maybe. Oh, and when I want to eat something but can't, or want to snack but choose not to. 

Yeah, it did feel kind of good to do it with pen and paper. Really not feeling MFP or caloriecounting or anything.

I just want to learn when and why I want food, and find better coping mechanisms with life things. But first it's a good idea to just observe it all. I might have to do the same with when I get extra fidgetty and such, but that's something I'm going to see to after my semester is over.

• Like 3

Battle log

16 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Keeping on giving myself compassion for not reaching out to friends in this busy time. I've told everyone what it's like for me right now, and if I had received that explenation from a friend, I would DEFINITELY not only be saying "of course, I understand" only out of politeness.

Just relax, let your friends know that they haven't been forgotten and that you'll get to them when you're able. If they respect you, then they'll respect that (if not, be worried about you :P).

You did it! Congrats!

I have never been able to make one of those journals work. I tend to forget that I have one and it'll be months before I write in it again :P

Glad to see that you're back in the Race!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I have never been able to make one of those journals work. I tend to forget that I have one and it'll be months before I write in it again :P

Haha same! But even if I do it for just this week, it'll be OK.  I've been curious ever since I read about others doing it :)

7 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Just relax, let your friends know that they haven't been forgotten and that you'll get to them when you're able. If they respect you, then they'll respect that (if not, be worried about you :P).

Lately I've been having a hard time figuring out the right interval :D 'Cause it's starting to get to a point where I haven't seen them for so long every time we talk I want to say "hey let's hang out" but the logistics aren't doable right now. Wish I could teleport within whichever country's borders I am located :D 

You did it! Congrats!

Thanks!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Battle log

Ohhh since Monday I get to go to a gym nearby. Tried it out today, took notice of what there is and made pictures of the devices. Moreover:

* in the free weight section there is a squat rack & a dedicated place to do pull-ups which caught my eye.

*Lots of dumbbell variety.

*The kettle bells are in the forms of basketballs? Idk what they are called otherwise :)

* There are foamrolls which I have been curious about for a while. If it's ever empty there I will try them (I think the chance is great I will encounter a super calm moment with my student schedule flexibility.)

And then I went and did 35 minutes on the crosstrainer :) I really missed that thing haha. Tried out a "video with nature" and it had all sorts of facts about the Canadian areas it was filmed at. Kept my mind busy when I was thinking about stopping 😜 Might get old if I watch those type of videos often but I did not want to put my earbuds in. Wanted to check out the music and people first.

Fun times.

My breakfasts lately are of the type I used to eat in middle school but that's OK :D (For years my stomache couldn't take anything else than honey and nuts cereal with cocoa milk or cookies with cocoa milk... Lately I have been having cookies, waffers or pancakes with nutella and milk or coffee when I am not travelling. But I'm just flowing with it. As long as I don't snack in between as well... :D )

• Like 3

Battle log

I'm also glad you enjoyed this time at the gym and I didn't know that you were a student! Well no wonder you're so busy! Being a student is literally a 24/7 job! 

So do you think this gym is going to be your new home?

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

I'm also glad you enjoyed this time at the gym and I didn't know that you were a student! Well no wonder you're so busy! Being a student is literally a 24/7 job! 

Ohh yeah :) And it's kind of freeing yet unsettling that I will be done with my student life this year (fingers crossed). 

So do you think this gym is going to be your new home?

Wellll just like with everything I think I will be bobbing between home workouts & gym stuff.

I like the idea of having a set structure in my days but working with what I get day by day is more important :D

on a different note, this gym brand has been around for a while and I knew them already. Their lay-out/dezign is "cozy" (as much as gym buildings can be of course).

Had a membership in high school and loved the group lessons (bodybalance, tae bo and such) at the time. I am just going to their new, smaller (neighbourhood-oriented) building. 

• Like 3

Battle log

So, last night I stretched again. And that's the end of this challenge. A few days ago I wrote down a draft challenge for the next, with space to write down a little bit about how forum participation has affected me. Not sure how I will express myself, since the improvements are not great and I don't have anything to show on before and after pictures (nor in between pictures) but we will see :) 

I've been experimenting with myself these days to work without music or anything else. 

Since this property tax law stuff (apparently?) really interests me, I reaaaally got into a nice flow. Without tunes.

(Pretty sure a big part of the reason music distracts me is because it usually is never quite "right", or at least I use that idea to constantly look for different music. But a reason is a reason.)

I mean, property law is just fun to me anyways so now I feel like get to read about all the basics again but also how the tax authorities look at them. I really never expected to be so interested in this stuff when I started. Where's my bowler hat and striped suit?

Even decided to write down notes on the last paragraphs I read with paper and pen, and tried to do it with the "best pen hold" (yt: XRHxqfNSQ54)

It was nice to use pen and paper. I just referenced the fact that those notes are on paper in my Word file and ta-da.

That pen hold feels so awkward to me, but I can really feel it strains my hand less. Also I feel like my handwriting automatically becomes more regular, if that makes sense. Everything seems to align in the diagonal I start with. Pretty satisfying.

I wish it worked with a fountain pen as well. When I try to hold a fountain pen "properly", the pen is too low because my hand is small & the ink won't come out of the pen, or it will just a little but the tip will scrape against the paper.

Now, for the next subject!

• Like 3

Battle log

2 hours ago, analoggirl said:

I mean, property law is just fun to me anyways so now I feel like get to read about all the basics again but also how the tax authorities look at them. I really never expected to be so interested in this stuff when I started. Where's my bowler hat and striped suit?

This 100% needs to happen. :D

Glad the gym is working out (sorry) for you. I know every gym is different, but rest assured that 99% of the people in there are focused on their own thing and will not pay a lick of attention if you go experiment with foam rolling. People in my gym have managed not to notice I'm doing handstand practice for years, which always amuses me. 

I hear you on the hands too small thing. Do they make... small fountain pens? You'd think there'd be a workaround in this day and age. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Image result for nerd alert gif

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see that you're taking such an interest in property law!

Also what music exactly have you tried? studies have shown that music without lyrics are much better to study with, ie. background/theme music in video games and movies, because they're composed to not distract you from what you're looking at, but to add to it.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 2/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, Red1263 said:

Image result for nerd alert gif

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see that you're taking such an interest in property law!

Also what music exactly have you tried? studies have shown that music without lyrics are much better to study with, ie. background/theme music in video games and movies, because they're composed to not distract you from what you're looking at, but to add to it.

Ah, for quite some years I have actually mostly listened to instrumentals (because after sitting with music so much I guess I wanted to give my ears a rest in the evenings).

There are lots of times it has helped but lately I just can't find a "good one". The ones that used to click I got tired of and have not had success :D Wish I knew what the right ingredients are because I have checked out similar videos.

What has worked for me:

*Study jazz, lounge music and the like

*Ambiences, both real life and fantasy, with and without music

*"space music"/"space ambiences"

*Ori and the blind forest soundtracks

*Transistor soundtrack

*Overwatch soundtrack

*Sims 3 soundtrack

*Hollow knight soundtrack

Ah, but I am going to try out this silence-without-earplugs thing some more for now :)

Battle log

have you heard this one? 

This, plus a video of a fire in the background and rainymood.com playing adds for nothing but calming bliss.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Manarelle said:

This 100% needs to happen. :D

Yessss!

Glad the gym is working out (sorry)

Hee hee :D

for you. I know every gym is different, but rest assured that 99% of the people in there are focused on their own thing and will not pay a lick of attention if you go experiment with foam rolling. People in my gym have managed not to notice I'm doing handstand practice for years, which always amuses me. 

That is amusing! Thanks for pointing it out :)

I hear you on the hands too small thing. Do they make... small fountain pens? You'd think there'd be a workaround in this day and age. 

Yeah, I might have to check? 

• Like 1

Battle log

16 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

have you heard this one? 

This, plus a video of a fire in the background and rainymood.com playing adds for nothing but calming bliss.

Will try it out! Thank youuu. I very much enjoy music recommendations :D Everyone's algorhytm cookies are different so we find different things :)

Battle log

On 2/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, analoggirl said:

Will try it out! Thank youuu. I very much enjoy music recommendations :D Everyone's algorhytm cookies are different so we find different things :)

Did not work out too well, but maybe because today's readings were just... technical and dry, even by my standards. Almost no case examples, paragraphs upon paragraphs of descriptions of criteria, almost completely writing out the statutes... I'm giving myself a pat on the back I finished it before it was time to work-out! (Even though, I should be past being bored and just take such readings in stride by now hahaha. C'est la vie. It's good stuff to know, and being able to apply them IRL will definitely give me the kick I'm missing right now.)

So, new challenge is up!

• Like 1

Battle log

Each challenge is a success if the only thing you got was experience from it. Don't just let the challenge go without realizing that you are now wiser for the ware.

Also I'll be following you on the next challenge!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Each challenge is a success if the only thing you got was experience from it. Don't just let the challenge go without realizing that you are now wiser for the ware.

Oh I agree :) Though sometimes I feel like I lack the XP to actually pinpoint what I have actually learnt and transfer that skill over to my next endeavour :D 

• Like 1

Battle log