• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman - My Quest to hit all my goals in 2020

Ran off the rails a bit the last few days. Still, movement forward. Today was a good day. Got in my run, and everything else seems to be lining up. Will be off to read in 45 minutes or so.

Goal#1 - Return to Keto, Tracking, and Intermittent Fasting

Jan 5th - 1547 Calories, 14.7 net carbs. 22 hrs 18 mins fasted. - 3 points

Jan 6th - 1864 Calories, 12.8 net carbs. 21 hrs 33 mins fasted. - 3 points

Jan 7th - 1788 Calories, 4.3 net carbs. 22 hrs 3 mins fasted. - 3 points

Jan 8th - 2810 Calories, 18.6 net carbs. 21 hrs 41 mins fasted. - 3 points

Jan 9th - 2042 Calories, 9.9 net carbs. 18 hrs 53 mins fasted. - 3 points

Jan 10th - 1839 Calories, 22.7 net carbs. 22 hrs 31 mins fasted. 2 points

Jan 11th - Did not fully track, was over carbs when I was tracking part of it. 16 hrs 51 mins fasted - 0 points

My eating no tracking frenzy continued on the 12th as well. I have it under control today ;)

Points total: 17/21

Goal#2 - Running, Walking, and Workouts 

Jan 5th - Sunday is rest day. Just happened to be day 1 of the challenge. Only 1,369 steps. 

Jan 6th - 7,896 steps. I did C25k Week 1 Day 1. I was only able to complete 7/8 of the interval runs. - 6 points

Jan 7th - 5,938 steps. Workout done. - 6 points

Jan 8th - 7,024 steps. C25k Week 1 Day 2 completed - 6 points

Jan 9th - 2,886 steps. No workout. - 0 points

Jan 10th - 10,132 steps. C25k Week 1 Day 3 completed - 6 points

Jan 11th - 4,752 steps. No workout - 0 points

Week 1 step goal was 5,000 steps.

Points total: 24/36

Goal#3 - Bring back the sleep routine

Jan 5th - Off the computer at 10:30 PM, reading done at 11:30 PM. 11:32 PM to 6:34 AM is about what my hours were. - 4 points

Jan 6th - Off the computer at 10:30 PM, reading done at 11:30 PM. 11:43 PM to 6:54 AM.  - 4 points

Jan 7th - Off the computer and reading done on time. Fitbit tracked 11:43 PM to 6 AM.  - 4 points

Jan 8th - Off computer, and reading done. 11:47 PM to 7:01 AM - 4 points

Jan 9th - No reading, all computer time. 1:31 AM to 6:45 AM - 0 points

Jan 10th - No reading again. 2:40 AM to 8:54 AM - 0 points

Jan 11th - No reading. 1:30 AM to 10:17 AM. - 0 points

Points total: 16/25

Goal#4 - Report in

Jan 5th - Not much, but I check out a couple of posts, and posted a bit. - 1 point

Jan 6th - Did the same yesterday. Not too much checking in, but at least I was here and posting some. :) - 1 point

Jan 7th - I did post - 1 point

Jan 8th - I did post some - 1 point

Jan 9th - I did not post - 0 points

Jan 10th - I did post, but not much done. - 1 point

Jan 11th - No checking in done - 0 points

Points total: 5/7 

Week total points: 62/89 - 69%

I started off pretty great. I let things slip, then started to get back into the old mind set. Not a fail, but room to improve this week. :)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Tateman said:

I started off pretty great. I let things slip, then started to get back into the old mind set. Not a fail, but room to improve this week. :)

So your week wasn't perfect. That is okay. You acknowledge it and remember you could of done worse than that. Especially since you have been "off" for more than a bit. I still think you are doing good, and that maybe you needed a week to "step back" into the challenge.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tateman said:

Exactly! And pulling things back onto the track is a good skill to develop.

How are you liking C25K? I remembering trying years ago, but I can't remember if I ever finished. I liked the progress, though.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, bdwilson said:

Exactly! And pulling things back onto the track is a good skill to develop.

How are you liking C25K? I remembering trying years ago, but I can't remember if I ever finished. I liked the progress, though.

I do like the C25k program. It feels like I make a lot of progress, in such a little bit of time. Though I guess 9 weeks isn't that little bit of time. ;) I know in the past I have had to repeat weeks and such. Sometimes it's even mental that prevents a run. Like sometimes you just aren't into it that day. Other times you don't think you are ready for a certain distance. Even the app will tell you to trust the system haha. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:10 PM, J3NN said:

How's it going? Have you heard of None to Run? I found it when I was researching Couch to 5K...

I don't recall seeing it. I will have to look into it :)

• Like 4

Ok, so I have had a pretty bad time these last couple of weeks.  Things were looking ok. I knew I was heading down south for my Father-in-Law's memorial service. Plus the celebration of life party afterwards. I knew it would be hard staying keto, but was going to try anyway. Tuesday the 14th, that kind of all went out the window. I got word that my Grandfather (Papa JJ we called him) had died that morning. I was in a bit of shock Tuesday, but still ate ok. Mentally though, it went downhill from there. Everything just seemed to hard to deal with. So no keto, no exercise, nothing else. I tried to use my Grandpa's death as motivation to keep improving my health. He was a pretty heavy drinker, and was not in the best of health. Diabetes took his leg a couple of years ago. He had been in a home, but I hadn't seen him for a few years. Honestly, I had been preparing myself for his and my grandma's deaths for a few years. Grandma is still hanging in there, but hasn't been well for years. She is my last grandparent now. 

So with all that, we traveled down south to meet up with my wife's family members. It was good for her to see all the family members she doesn't get to see that often. I know quite a bit of them too. 

We came back home on the 19th. Then came the crud. My youngest has been sick for awhile now. It seems like meeting up with family members ended up getting us all sick too. So I didn't get back on the path of eating a exercise. I tried focusing on feeling better. I knew I was going to have a couple of days of nothing but eating Halls and stuff anyhow haha. I had just about zero energy. Just taking the dog out seemed to zap what little energy I had. Even would feel nauseous if I walk too far. Unfortunately, being sick didn't stop me from being an eating machine. boredom eating, emotional eating, all the eating. 

Last night, I decided that I just need to get back on track. This morning I am up to 340 lbs. ugh. Though, I knew it would be bad with how I have been eating. Now, I don't think I am going to jump right into running again. I think I will give it one more week. I'm still coughing up nasty stuff. I am going to get out for walks. I went out this morning for a walk after I dropped my kid off at school. I will have bowling tonight as well. I should be getting a decent amount of steps there too. I'm going to get my eating back under control starting today as well. I need to start listen more to my body for when it is actually hungry vs me just wanting to eat.

Time to see if I can finish out this challenge on a positive note :)

• Like 6

*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. Keep it slow but steady, and make sure to take the time to take care of yourself and your family.

• Like 1