Maigs Preps for Tax Season and Getting Old

Maigs

And this morning I weighed myself for the first time in a while and I'm pretty damn annoyed with myself. I'm up 25lbs from this time last year. I can see the extra weight on me, which is rare for me. Very frustrated that I let it go up so much

Ugh, total empathy on this one. I am in the exact same position. Trying not to let it get me down, and just slowly start picking away at it again.
We can do this!

And remember, just maintaining through crazy tax time counts as a major win!
  • Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Don't feel bad for leaving on time. If you've reached the point of no brain, staying any longer isn't going to be productive. Better to reset and achieve a productive day the following day. I hope today is better

Sorry that you are feeling down about your weight. Sending hugs your way

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

57 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Don't feel bad for leaving on time. If you've reached the point of no brain, staying any longer isn't going to be productive. Better to reset and achieve a productive day the following day. I hope today is better

It didn't help that my Boss took me saying on Wednesday "I can't stay late tonight but after that I can" to mean that I was going to stay late yesterday. She's offsite today but left me a message last night about something she'd planned on talking to me about but I left sooner than she expected (not upset but possibly disappointed). All things considered she's slightly panicked right now:

Spoiler

We're short staffed by 1 of 7 accountants (including her) and we're in the process of transitioning the office manager role from the current person who's going to part time to go back to school to someone new who's starting next week. On top of that her dad died unexpectedly last month putting extra responsibilities on her plate dealing with his estate and helping run his business. 

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

Ugh, total empathy on this one. I am in the exact same position. Trying not to let it get me down, and just slowly start picking away at it again.
We can do this!

And remember, just maintaining through crazy tax time counts as a major win!

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Sorry that you are feeling down about your weight. Sending hugs your way

Thanks guys. It's just so frustrating to be wanting to work towards something for so long but unable to keep at it. I'm self-sabotaging left and right and it shows

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

10 hours ago, Xena said:

Maybe don't focus so much on the weight for the moment. Focus on training and the specific goals you have set. 

*whiny brat voice* But not focusing on weight is how I got here. 

I'm actually feeling a bit better about it today. I weighed myself this morning and 3lbs of water weight disappeared putting me not that much higher than I was before the holidays. And I've put a lot of planning in place to keep me from going off the deep end during tax season (as long as I can stay out of the trail mix)

11 hours ago, Xena said:

I'm so excited that you signed up for the Trifecta! That's major!!! And really hope you do an OCR with some of the UK crew...so cool!

I'm very excited and a bit scared. I'm not sure when or where I'm doing any of the races yet. None are particularly close to me, though I can do the Beast and Sprint in HomeState in October. But I've done and OCR in HomeState and it would be nice to use these to add states to my list for my unofficial goal to run an OCR in every one

• Like 4

Week 1 Day 6

Work was better, even though I ended up putting in over 10 hours and I had a headache for most of it. I blame the extra caffeine from the day before. I ate my leftovers for lunch and stuck to my caffeine. I'm done to my last can of Dr. Pepper which I'm drinking now. Hubs is on day 3 of zero caffeine (he was counting his preventative Excedrin, he actually hasn't had non-medicine caffeine since the 1st). I made a casserole for dinner and by the time it was done and I had eaten it was almost 8pm, I still had a headache, and the weather was kinda nasty so I stayed home instead of going to the gym for a run. I got caught up on some household tasks and went to bed at a decent time

Food Prep - none

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Maigs said:

*whiny brat voice* But not focusing on weight is how I got here.

Yeah, I get it. Focusing on it in the sense of doing about it can be productive. But don't let it destroy your self image. You are badass who is conquering the Trifecta this year!   (...somewhere, sometime....)

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Week 1 Day 7

Went to work for about 5 hours, then came home and caught up on some much needed cleaning around the house. I made it to the gym to do C25k, deadlifts, and OHP. No food prep happened

Food Prep - none

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

Week 2 Day 1

Hubs and I had a very lazy day. I made it to kickboxing and went out grocery shopping, and that was about all we accomplished. I did managed to meal plan for the week in a way that should work with my longer hours

Food Prep - none

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Maigs said:

Hubs and I had a very lazy day. I made it to kickboxing and went out grocery shopping, and that was about all we accomplished.

That sounds like a productive Sunday to me! 

2 hours ago, Maigs said:

It begins....

IMG_20200113_072133574.jpg

stay strong sleeping with sirens GIF

• Like 2

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

Week 2 Day 2

I did not fully resist the snacks. I had a headache all day and was just feeling worn down and tired. So around 2pm I gave in and had some trail mix and animal crackers. I was ridiculously tired by the time I left work so when Hubs called and said he was craving Mediterranean I gave in and stopped for gyro and falafel. And baklava. BUT I somewhat redeemed myself because after eating I dragged my tired ass to the gym and got in a run. I didn't do any lifts, partially because I was tired and partially because the overly loud 60ish gym bro was there grunting away in the weights area. Then I came home, stretched out my poor legs and went to bed early

Food Prep - none

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 4

Well done for getting yourself to the gym despite the tiredness. Do you think that the headache was work related, or because you've cut down your caffeine intake?

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

48 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Well done for getting yourself to the gym despite the tiredness. Do you think that the headache was work related, or because you've cut down your caffeine intake?

Thanks. It was a bit of a struggle getting moving, but I was glad I went. I felt less lethargic after (still tired, but less draggy).

The headache was probably a mix of the caffeine (it was my second day of no caffeine) and lack of sleep. We've been waking up and hour earlier so I can get to work early but not going to bed any earlier (also probably related to cutting down the caffeine....)

17 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yesterday my tired+headachy self = afternoon banana bread. So I feel you. 

Here's hoping it resolves soon! Hopefully you can get to bed a little earlier tonight again :)

Mmmm....banana bread. I have some banana muffins in the freezer I need to bring small batches of to work so I can have a reasonable treat
I didn't get to bed quite as early as I had hoped but not later than normal and so far feeling pretty human today

Week 2 Day 3

I felt so much better yesterday. I had no headache and was actually pretty awake and alert all day :) I put in 12 hours at work but managed to feel like I didn't accomplish much. I stayed away from caffeine, but did get into the snacks some more. I'm okay with that for this week until I'm sure the caffeine withdrawals are done. I thought about going to kickboxing, but decided to go home and make dinner so I'd have leftovers for the next few days. I ended up with 4 servings of leftovers so that kinda counts towards my food prep goal right ;) 

Food Prep - ish

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, Maigs said:

I did not fully resist the snacks. I had a headache all day and was just feeling worn down and tired.

Over the holiday I had a headache that lasted the entire week. I'm told it was simply stress. It also made me feel tired worn down and I ate way too many snacks to deal. Whilst we are still going we are still winning. :) I haven't caught up entirely but I missed you Maigs. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

38 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Over the holiday I had a headache that lasted the entire week. I'm told it was simply stress. It also made me feel tired worn down and I ate way too many snacks to deal. Whilst we are still going we are still winning. :) I haven't caught up entirely but I missed you Maigs. 

Multi-day headaches are the worst! They can just take you out. 

I'm glad your back Jon, it hasn't been the same around here without you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Multi-day headaches are the worst! They can just take you out. 

I'm glad your back Jon, it hasn't been the same around here without you

Don’t they just!? After a while it just wears you down.

And thank you. I’ve been too afraid to face myself but I’m intending to stay :) 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Week 2 Day 4

Another long-not-long day at work where I put in 12 hours that didn't feel like 12 hours and while it was a good day I felt like I couldn't get much traction. Snacking still happened, but caffeine didn't and the headache held off until I was driving home. It was game night so no exercise or food prep happened, but more snacking did. And I got accidentally insulted at Taco Bell picking up dinner

Him: How are you?

Me: Fine (too far away from the counter to want to yell that I was picking up a mobile order)

Him: You don't look very happy

Me: Just tired. I just got done with a 12 hour day. Mobile order for Maigs

Him: It's not done yet, we'll call you when it's ready

Me: *sits down at a booth to wait*

Him: *comes over with a medium cup* Here, to get some caffeine into you

Me thinking: do I really look that bad?? *fills cup with caffeine free root beer to bring home to Hubs because even if we hadn't quit caffeine neither of us would be drinking it at almost 8pm

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maigs said:

Week 2 Day 4

Another long-not-long day at work where I put in 12 hours that didn't feel like 12 hours and while it was a good day I felt like I couldn't get much traction. Snacking still happened, but caffeine didn't and the headache held off until I was driving home. It was game night so no exercise or food prep happened, but more snacking did. And I got accidentally insulted at Taco Bell picking up dinner

Him: How are you?

Me: Fine (too far away from the counter to want to yell that I was picking up a mobile order)

Him: You don't look very happy

Me: Just tired. I just got done with a 12 hour day. Mobile order for Maigs

Him: It's not done yet, we'll call you when it's ready

Me: *sits down at a booth to wait*

Him: *comes over with a medium cup* Here, to get some caffeine into you

Me thinking: do I really look that bad?? *fills cup with caffeine free root beer to bring home to Hubs because even if we hadn't quit caffeine neither of us would be drinking it at almost 8pm

Haha oh dear! Well... I think their heart was in the right place, anyways. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, Maigs said:

Week 2 Day 3

I felt so much better yesterday. I had no headache and was actually pretty awake and alert all day :) I put in 12 hours at work but managed to feel like I didn't accomplish much. I stayed away from caffeine, but did get into the snacks some more. I'm okay with that for this week until I'm sure the caffeine withdrawals are done. I thought about going to kickboxing, but decided to go home and make dinner so I'd have leftovers for the next few days. I ended up with 4 servings of leftovers so that kinda counts towards my food prep goal right ;) 

Food Prep - ish

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

Totes counts. 

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

It could be worse. He could have told you to smile

awkward french GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020 Races: 

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

It could be worse. He could have told you to smile

Ugh, that would have been worse. I'm the queen of RBF so I tend to get that a lot. Though it has seemed to slow down lately, hopefully people are realizing it's not okay

14 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Haha oh dear! Well... I think their heart was in the right place, anyways.

Lol. I get bad raccoon eyes so I probably did look pretty bad. He also gave another person waiting on their food a free drink so it wasn't just me

Week 2 Day 5

Finally got to feel like I was making progress at work yesterday. And felt like I made enough to not feel bad for leaving around 5:30 to hit the gym and get home in time to make dinner. Hubs was gonna try but I don't have an actual recipe for this dish and he needs a recipe. I measured stuff as I threw it in the bowl so now I have a basic one so that's something we can add to the list of meals he can cook

Spoiler

Zesty Italian Chicken

1 cup mayo

3 tbsp basil

1 tbsp parsley

1 tbsp oregano

1 tbsp thyme

1/4 cup zesty italian dressing

2 diced chicken breasts (or vegetarian equivalent, I use a can of Worthington vegetable scallops)

1 jar alfredo sauce

1 package of fettuccine noodles

Mix the mayo, dressing, and herbs together (herbs can really be any combination, I just toss green stuff in the mix until it is sufficiently green) toss in protein and bake at 350F for 20ish minutes (just make sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked if you use it). Make the fettuccine as normal and mix everything together. Not super healthy, but yummy and pretty easy

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 2