Maigs Preps for Tax Season and Getting Old

Maigs

Weekend catchup:

Week 3 Day 6

I think I did better on the snacks. Boss's husband brought us lunch again and to add to his struggles our new seasonal preparer is vegan. He made pizzas (with a vegetarian bit for me) and a vegan pasta dish that was okay. I decided that periodically I should bring in a crockpot vegan dish for us weirdos and so other people can see that vegan food isn't just pasta and potatoes :) I'll probably do chili this week since New Girl perked up when I said that mine was vegan. Then I made sure to get out at a decent time and made it to kickboxing because I really needed it. Hubs had dinner made by the time I got home and I did some household stuff for the rest of the night

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

Week 3 Day 7

Hubs and I vegged all morning until I finally decided that I really needed to get to work around 1pm. I should have gone in earlier since I ended up needing to go in for 2 more hours Sunday. I worked until about 7:30 then went to the other gym and got in a run. Either the C25k program changed since I ran it before or my app is different but Week 5 has different runs each day. I thought I must have somehow jumped a few days because I was expecting 3 five-minute runs and instead had 2 eight-minute runs. But I just went with it and checked it after successfully finishing the runs. The scary part is that the next one is a TWENTY MINUTE RUN with no walk breaks. Not sure why they snuck that into Week 6 but I'll give it a shot and see hot it goes. I thought about doing DL's after but a) it was pretty late by then and b) someone else decided that 9pm on a Saturday night was the perfect time to DL and was using the only bar. Food was pretty good all day

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

Week 4 Day 1

I went into work for a couple hours in the morning. I'm basically past the first crunch of deadlines so things should be calmer for the next two-ish weeks. I planned on making it to kickboxing but instead spent some needed quality time with Hubs during the short period they were open. We got sushi for a late lunch and ice cream at a local shop. Mine had brownie and cheesecake bits and was amazing. Later I went to the other gym and got in the deadlifts I missed Saturday as well as some other lifts. Then I went grocery shopping and spent the rest of the evening trying to finish my book before the library loan expires

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 2

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

11 hours ago, Xena said:

Bringing in a crockpot vegan dish to work sounds like a really great idea if you have the time and energy for it!

Luckily chili is a super easy one so it doesn't take much time or energy. Everyone seemed intrigued by the Peanut Stew but that ones a little harder and I'm not sure how to do it in a crockpot other than make it normally, then use the crockpot to heat it back up

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 2

It was a pretty good day overall. Work was relatively calm. I went out at lunch and bought some Sweet Earth burritos for some extra real food for the long days and ended up with some Justin's peanut butter cups because they were on sale. Even with those I'd consider snacking to have been reasonable. I got out at a decent time and went to kickboxing. Hubs wanted a roast for dinner so I bought myself a salad and added chik'n strips to it for some more bulk. Then prepped a Mexican Casserole for tonight's dinner which should give us a decent amount of leftovers

Food Prep - ish

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Maigs said:

My initial thought was that I don't think so since I'm still eating full meals and I've always been a really bad stress eater, but maybe? I'll keep an eye on it and see if that is my problem.

I'm a boredom eater. So if I'm doing something mundane at work, I mindless eat whatever is on hand. I started bringing in berries and nuts to snack on so I'm not reaching for the cookies and chocolate. 

23 hours ago, Maigs said:

I've also been pretty stir crazy since I'm at work 12ish hours a day and the sidewalks are too icy to get out for a walk so I end up driving to the store just to get out of the office for a few minute

It's not been too icy here, but it's been rainy and miserable for the last few weeks so I haven't been going out for afternoon walks. I've been trying to make sure I at least move away from my desk, even if it's to go sit in an empty office or even the little store room! Anywhere where I'm not looking at a screen and I can switch off my brain for 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

22 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm a boredom eater. So if I'm doing something mundane at work, I mindless eat whatever is on hand. I started bringing in berries and nuts to snack on so I'm not reaching for the cookies and chocolate. 

I'm just good at justifying eating :) Boredom, stress, reward, it's all good reasons to me *sigh*

22 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

It's not been too icy here, but it's been rainy and miserable for the last few weeks so I haven't been going out for afternoon walks. I've been trying to make sure I at least move away from my desk, even if it's to go sit in an empty office or even the little store room! Anywhere where I'm not looking at a screen and I can switch off my brain for 20 minutes. 

I would do that at my old job, but this one is in a small building with no empty offices so there's nowhere to go

Week 4 Day 3

Work was good and I've been getting out at a reasonable time this week. Hubs stuck the casserole I'd prepped the night before in the oven so it was nearly done when I got home. After dinner I attempted the 20 minute run and my body noped out of it. My calves cramped up badly about 4 minutes in and there was no way I was going to do another 16. I really don't understand why they stuck a 20 minute run there anyway since the day before is two 8 minute runs with a 5 minute break and the day after is a 5, 8, and 5 minute runs with 3 minute breaks. I think I'm just going to skip the 20 minute run and either re-do the run before or move on to the next one. 

I tried foam rolling out my calves after the run but they're still really tight this morning

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 2

Glad work's been a little calmer for you this week. That is weird programming on c25k though, I thought it was all incremental progressions rather than a bit jump like that.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

I've thought about doing the C25K since you mentioned it, but I"m not sure I'd be dedicated enough to do it right now. I do need more movement in my life. I got RingFit for Christmas for the switch. I've only played it twice. I may try and play that more. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

On 1/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jarric said:

Glad work's been a little calmer for you this week. That is weird programming on c25k though, I thought it was all incremental progressions rather than a bit jump like that.

I know, I was surprised to. I'm pretty sure when I did it years ago there wasn't big jumps like that. Anyway, not a big deal, I'll just skip it and come back to it later

22 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I've thought about doing the C25K since you mentioned it, but I"m not sure I'd be dedicated enough to do it right now. I do need more movement in my life. I got RingFit for Christmas for the switch. I've only played it twice. I may try and play that more. 

It's probably best if you can commit to doing it 2 or 3 days a week which may not be where you're at yet. I haven't heard of RingFIt, what is it? I played Beat Saber on the VR last night for my workout :) 

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 4

Work was good, snacking was kinda ridiculous. I almost decided to skip the gym but when I told Hubs I might he said I should go so I did. He's a good Hubs :) I found a house for sale that I may want to look at. But I may have already talked myself out of it. It checks all the boxes, but our current house is so cheap and  works for us it's hard to justify paying so much for a second garage spot (which is like 75% of the reason I'm watching for houses)

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

Week 4 Day 5

Work was still good, snacking was still ridiculous. I did end up taking a rest day since I'd worked out 6 days in a row. I played some Beat Saber instead which works up a pretty good sweat. On my way home from work I stopped and got ingredients for chili to bring in today. 

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maigs said:

It's probably best if you can commit to doing it 2 or 3 days a week which may not be where you're at yet. I haven't heard of RingFIt, what is it? I played Beat Saber on the VR last night for my workout :) 

Ring Fit is for the Nintendo Switch. You basically do a lot of running in place and you have a ring that you use with the game. So, you have to run through a little obstacle course, so when you run in place, your character runs. When your character gets to stairs, you have to run in place, but bring your knees up higher to get up the stairs. Occasionally you'll have to fight monsters. To fight the monsters you'll have to do some kind of exercise like a squat or pushing on the ring in a certain way for strength building. It's actually pretty cool. 

I suggest looking up a video of someone playing it to see what it's like. 

Oooooh, that chili looks good! Maybe I'll make chili next week.. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

1 hour ago, Maigs said:

And the vegan is out sick

IMG_20200131_071358108.jpg

That looks amazing, what's in it?

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

12 minutes ago, Jarric said:

That looks amazing, what's in it?

Thanks! Recipe in the spoiler

Spoiler

Chipotle-Chocolate Chili (Vegan) 

1lb ground meat (or vegetarian equivalent) 
1 chopped onion 
1 red bell pepper, diced 
1 tsp minced garlic 
3 tbsp brown sugar 
2 tbsp chili powder 
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa 
1 tsp ground cumin 
½ tsp black pepper 
¼ tsp salt 
15 oz can of pinto beans, drained 
15 oz can of kidney beans, drained 
30oz can of diced tomatoes 
14 oz of broth 
½ cup chipotle salsa (I use a full jar which is probably a cup) 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, Maigs said:

I found a house for sale that I may want to look at. But I may have already talked myself out of it. It checks all the boxes, but our current house is so cheap and  works for us it's hard to justify paying so much for a second garage spot (which is like 75% of the reason I'm watching for houses)

I decided to google 'property for sale Nebraska' (that's where you live, right?) for funsies. Now I'm 1) seriously jealous, 2) slightly angry at my stoopid country and it's stoopid expensive houses! Dumb, tiny island!

That chili looks so good. I've recently fallen back in love with my Slow cooker/crockpot. I've been using it more than the oven.

Hope you had a good weekend!  

• Like 2

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

56 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I decided to google 'property for sale Nebraska' (that's where you live, right?) for funsies. Now I'm 1) seriously jealous, 2) slightly angry at my stoopid country and it's stoopid expensive houses! Dumb, tiny island!

Lol. Yup, I'm in Nebraska and in general it is pretty darn cheap to live here. It's also 95% farmland which makes it undesirable for a lot of people :) Seriously, our new tourism moto is "Nebraska, it's not for everyone". This place probably wasn't as cheap as you were seeing though. Cities are more expensive that rural for comparable places and this is in a semi-desirable neighborhood. We ended up deciding against the place though. It wasn't enough better than our current place to be worth the extra cost and the hassle of moving (extra on our minds from helping friends move the day before). 

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

That chili looks so good. I've recently fallen back in love with my Slow cooker/crockpot. I've been using it more than the oven.

Thanks! Ours is coming out more often now with the long hours, but I'm mostly a stove-top cooker myself

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Hope you had a good weekend!  

It was pretty good. I didn't go to work which was kinda nice :) I'll put up an actual update soon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Seriously, our new tourism moto is "Nebraska, it's not for everyone"

OMG, that's hilarious! 

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

Week 4 Day 6 - Week 5 Day 1

It was kind of a blur of a weekend. Friday I worked. Saturday we helped some friends move which can almost count as a lifting workout. Later I went for a run, skipping the stupid long run and moving on to Week 6 which was run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5 and got though that mostly okay, though my calves still cramped up a bit. Sunday we looked at a house and mutually decided that it just wasn't quite right for us. Other than that my weekend was cleaning, reading, and being lazy relaxing. 

Foods been a bit of a dumpster fire lately. I need to put a stop to that. I did finally remember today that I get SAD (seasonal affective disorder, not standard american diet) so I just ran out over lunch and bought some Vitamin D and B-Complex which may help things. 

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 2

Week 5 Day 2

Was in a crummy mood in the morning, wondering why I bothered at anything. Then remembered that SAD is a thing and I have barely seen the sun in months (why the hell didn't I take a long walk Sunday when it was beautiful out??). I think just realizing that helped and then I went out and got vitamins that should also help. Food was decent and even though I considered skipping kickboxing with a vague notion of maybe replacing it for a run and realized I was being dumb and went to kickboxing anyway and did not regret it

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - check

• Like 4

It's oddly comforting to remember there is a reason you feel miserable, and the world probably doesn't actually suck.

I'm glad you felt a bit better! There is lots of useful daylight even on cloudy days so don't let that stop you from your walk. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Mmmm... I'm making chili tonight. Mine is a lot simpler though... probably not quite as tasty. lol! 

1 hour ago, Maigs said:

Was in a crummy mood in the morning, wondering why I bothered at anything. Then remembered that SAD is a thing and I have barely seen the sun in months (why the hell didn't I take a long walk Sunday when it was beautiful out??). 

Have you thought about using a happy light in the winter months? I have one and it really helps, especially if I use it in the morning. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

21 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Have you thought about using a happy light in the winter months? I have one and it really helps, especially if I use it in the morning. 

Yessss! Ditto to this, I got one for Christmas and I love it! 

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

On 2/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

It's oddly comforting to remember there is a reason you feel miserable, and the world probably doesn't actually suck.

I'm glad you felt a bit better! There is lots of useful daylight even on cloudy days so don't let that stop you from your walk. 

I really is oddly comforting :) I've been feeling a lot better since starting the vitamins so hopefully that's all I need

Unfortunately I'm at work during all the daylight hours during the week and sidewalks around here are really iffy in the winter so walks are hard to come by right now.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:58 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yessss! Ditto to this, I got one for Christmas and I love it! 

I've heard people say they help, but I've never looked into them. I probably should do that

Week 5 Day 3

Better mood that Monday, though I did get a little nervous when my pee was neon yellow two days in a row until I realized it must be the B-complex I'm taking :) Work went quick and I got kicked out before 6 so they could do some computer upgrades. I needed to stop by Lowes to sign and pay for the doors we having done and considered going to a new Mexican place with Hubs near there, but decided against it. Not only would I generally prefer my own food, but Hubs and I needed more quality time together and eating in a restaurant doesn't do it. So I went home made Thai Quinoa Casserole and we spent the evenings playing a new board game (Tiny Epic Tactics) which we haven't done with the two of us in way too long. Food was good all day. Snacking has been in check so far this week, even though there are no-bake cookies in the office

Food Prep - nope

Caffeine - check

Exercise - nope

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1