LostValkyrie - Finding the way

Hello all!! 

I am really excited to be here, I jumped straight in and made a level 1 challenge post, but never did an intro to me. Here goes!

I am a 29 year old woman living in Fl and as the name implies, I am usually lost - no sens or direction. In video games, even if I have been there a million times I can't tell someone how to get there, showing is a different story, but give me directions and I will 100% get lot. An odd trait because by day I am a technical writer...all I do is write instructions and manuals on how to do things XD ....

I have tried to diet before and struggled with motivation, the same story. I try and fail, then do it again. I struggled with depression and lack of motivation. I started not too long before joining here on the Reddit lose it challenges. That was the first time I ever did anything that worked. It was all about joining the groups and being part of a community. Then I found Nerdfitness, and my husband pushed me into it. He has always been supportive, and knows I am shy and an introvert - so he was a big help in getting me here. 

I have been working on losing weight, but never really sure where I was going wrong. Then I read through all of the mindset stuff in the academy and realized my issues. I started to realize that I need to take the time to actually focus on me. I always focused on helping others, putting myself aside to make sure I was available, taking the easy way with me to focus on other things, I was not a priority in my eyes. When I started to look into me and what I needed I realized a lot. I never thought I ate too much...but I did. I didn't realize my bad snacking habits and when I would turn to food for happiness, until I did. I have been using CICO and started doing the weight training and yoga classes.  I am getting there!!!! WOOHOO!!!

A lot of my weight gain was because of emotional issues and turning to food for comfort, and reading through the mindset articles in the academy really helped me out. It is all up to me, and I know that now. 

This is the link to my Level 1 challenge post - 

Please feel free to be a friend and reach out. 

Myfitnesspal - https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/ch3shy  username - ch3shy
Fitbit - https://www.fitbit.com/user/67J6LS

• Like 4

"You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course! Stick to it, no matter the squalls."
- Long John Silver, Treasure Planet  🏴‍☠️