Red1263 embarks on a new journey! Externship: Part 1

Red1263

"Getting ready ta ship out?" The Barkeep asks Red1263, his eyes not moving from the glass that he's polishing. "Yep. It's time for me to go, my training on this land is complete, and now I have to go." Red1263 replied, doing a last minute check on his bag. "It feels a bit sudden, you know? I don't know what I'm going to see out there, but I know it's something I have to do." "Aye, I hear ya, lad. But Life is like that sometimes. One moment, yer here celebratin' with warriors, 'n' monks, 'n' wotnot. 'N' now ev'rybody's gone and back to their own realms, doin' what they gotta. 'N' now it's your turn, lad." Red1263 ponders the wise tavern owner's words. "Wow, you're right, Thank you sir."

1.png.378f9853ad9bf17e77588a0d98d9fb41.png

Now it's time, for one of two parts of this move(s). Red1263 is now going to go through his 12 week externship. It's here that he will stay on top of assignments that he must complete, while trying to live away from home. And ultimately, build good habits while trying to find a part time job.

1. "OK! Now I'm here I have this list of bounties I must complete." 
    1. Every week, there's a daily log along with 5 case studies that must be done, along with discussion board participation and 3 presentation for the entire 12 weeks. Simply put, check these off.
  2. "I'm in a strange new land, I'm going to have to adapt."
    1. I'm renting a room for the first time in my life, so I have to clean up after myself and although my landlady is very nice and willing to offer me help like cooking and whatnot, I have to learn to do these things for myself and try not to rely on her too much. 
  3. "I can't forget my training."
    1. My exercising has been spotty, but now that I have a set schedule, I have a chance to resume my exercising. I'll start by a simple bodyweight routine with some shadowboxing at the start of my day. Just maintaining this is my goal. I will also try to read a little bit before going to sleep so as to not stay on my phone all night.
  4. "Huh... my funds a getting kinda low..."
    1. During all of this, I need to get a part time a job to help fund my gas and stay on top of my bills. It doesn't really matter what job I get so long as it's enough to help me get by.

2.png.30dcce14fa12d57c0da94f488cdea82e.png

• Like 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This challenge is chock full of adultness.   Following along to see this new chapter in your adventure

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I love your little sprites. The internship sounds like a great opportunity, but it can be a little daunting to step out into nowhere. If time/ finances are a bit tight, I highly recommend a crockpot or slow cooker. Toss things in, let it simmer all day, come home to a good meal (and leftovers for a good meal tomorrow). When does the internship start? 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

17 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This challenge is chock full of adultness.   Following along to see this new chapter in your adventure

It is an adulting challenge! I just realized that!... Goes to show much of an adult I really am :P

14 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I love your little sprites. The internship sounds like a great opportunity, but it can be a little daunting to step out into nowhere. If time/ finances are a bit tight, I highly recommend a crockpot or slow cooker. Toss things in, let it simmer all day, come home to a good meal (and leftovers for a good meal tomorrow). When does the internship start? 

Thank you! whenever I'm given the chance, I love having these sprites to help me tell the story. I've done some research on living out on one's own and a Crockpot is not only helpful for homecooked meals, but a great way to save some money. And the Externship started on Monday, the 6th.

Day 2

So first step: Double check the alarm clock so as to not wake up roughly 5 minutes before it was too late. I think this is a sign that I need to take the time to wake up sooner before I can throw in exercising and whatnot. Other than that, I'm about to turn in my bounties for today and since I'll have some money for food, I'm researching meal prep ideas to cook for the following week. 

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Following along.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey Red!  Gosh, such exciting times.  I feel like I am watching a slice of life anime and already love the main character.   Omg, this could totally be a fun anime!  I can't stop seeing everything you're writing out, in animated cells with kawaii characters and amazing expressions.

You've got a good head on your shoulders and your approaches are always so sane and sensible.  You're going to do so well!  And I'll be here to see it!

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along.

Glad to have ya, Tank!

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hey Red!  Gosh, such exciting times.  I feel like I am watching a slice of life anime and already love the main character.   Omg, this could totally be a fun anime!  I can't stop seeing everything you're writing out, in animated cells with kawaii characters and amazing expressions.

You've got a good head on your shoulders and your approaches are always so sane and sensible.  You're going to do so well!  And I'll be here to see it!

... You're right. This could totally be an anime! I can't draw worth of anything, but feel free to recreate the scenes as you see fit! IRL I'm rather reserved and quiet, but in my head I'm a big dork. 

Thank you for the kind words, Puck. I really appreciate them. I really do.

Day 3!

• So I was able to wake up 15 mins earlier, it wasn't enough to do a full exercise routine, but I did do a dynamic warm up along with some stretching afterwards. Baby steps, right?
  • Bounties are being turned in. 
  • I helped my landlady by washing the dishes after she cooked hot dogs for dinner. Doing dishes for 2 people is much easier/faster than doing dishes for my family (which is 8 people, in one household 😰).
  • Job hunt still continues. I've submitted ~15 applications to several places, I've got an old coworker who's got a contact at a Walmart here, she's going to see if there's a place open. So we're going to see if any of those bite.
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Glad to see you around again. Crockpots are amazing. Woot for getting up and having time to get some movement in

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Bounties are being turned in. 

?? Like..... literally? :)

I helped my landlady by washing the dishes after she cooked hot dogs for dinner. Doing dishes for 2 people is much easier/faster than doing dishes for my family (which is 8 people, in one household 😰).

Dear god, yeah, I can see how that'd be a big change, living on your own. 

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad to see you around again. Crockpots are amazing. Woot for getting up and having time to get some movement in

Yes! I'm starting to look at things and their prices and how practical it would be to own said things. I was at walmart and I saw crockpots for $20, and I thought to myself, "This is awesome! I can own a crockpot and not break my bank!"

I guess I'm starting to think like an adult now...

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

?? Like..... literally? :)

Dear god, yeah, I can see how that'd be a big change, living on your own. 

Oh, my "bounties" are daily homework assignments that I have to turn in, so.... Yes.

Oh doing everything just for myself is going to be a breeze! I'm so used to doing things that would require 2+ hours to accomplish, but now it's like 20 minutes! I think I'm going to adapt, just fine!

Day 4!

• Bounties: Turned in!
  • Fitness: I've had to force myself to wake up at 0615 today, but once I started my dynamic warm up I was waking up quicker, more naturally.
  • Good Habits/Adapting: I took down some boxes and moved things around so that I have less stuff around me, organized some small stuff, and I started reading one of the recreational books I've brought (The Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2019, in case you're curious)
  • Funds: I recalled that I had not received my last paycheck yet (for some reason, they mailed it to my house rather than handed it to me directly) But I've got a friend visiting from home and I'll have her swing by my house, pick it up and I'll be getting a nice sum because of unused PTO hours and sick leave. Also I have an invitation for a Math tutoring position that I will follow through with... As soon as I review some math for myself >_>
  • Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Oh, my "bounties" are daily homework assignments that I have to turn in, so.... Yes.

Ok, I was wondering why you needed another job if you were already a bounty hunter. :) 

Yes! I'm starting to look at things and their prices and how practical it would be to own said things. I was at walmart and I saw crockpots for $20, and I thought to myself, "This is awesome! I can own a crockpot and not break my bank!"

I guess I'm starting to think like an adult now...

Lol, yup, welcome to the wonderful world of adulthood, where you get excited about household appliances. 

Also I have an invitation for a Math tutoring position that I will follow through with... As soon as I review some math for myself >_>

Good luck!

• Like 1

Reasonably priced Crockpots are tight! 

(Ever watch Screen Rant / Pitch meetings?  ... I've gotten hooked.)

Sounds like all is going well.  And woot for bonus money!

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Ok, I was wondering why you needed another job if you were already a bounty hunter. :) 

Lol, yup, welcome to the wonderful world of adulthood, where you get excited about household appliances. 

Good luck!

Yeah, the 'bounties' are just to sate my nerdiness. :P

Who would've thought I'd be excited about crockpots?!

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

(Ever watch Screen Rant / Pitch meetings?  ... I've gotten hooked.)

Sounds like all is going well.  And woot for bonus money!

I have not, what are they about?

Well, I've gotta wait about 2 weeks for said bonus money, but I guess good things comes to those who wait, right?

Day... *check watch* 5!

• Bounties: About to be turned in!
  • Fitness: I feel good about myself today, I was about to convince myself to go back to sleep for another 15 minutes (making my wake up time 0630), but I pushed against it, and woke up on time. Along with my Dynamic warm-up and stretching, I threw in knees to the chest to start working on my core.
  • Good Habits/Adapting: Tomorrow I am invited to attend a breakfast with my mentor and an associate of his who just so happens to be this wickedly smart engineer! I don't know if I can contribute to the conversation, but it'll be interesting to hear the man speak. 
  • Funds: I decided to splurge and order a pizza to split between my landlord and myself, so it's not a total waste if it's sharing, right?
  • Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Starpuck said:

And finding them is super easy, barely an inconvenience!  

I have not, what are they about?

The best movie review channel ever 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 1/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, Red1263 said:
  • Good Habits/Adapting: Tomorrow I am invited to attend a breakfast with my mentor and an associate of his who just so happens to be this wickedly smart engineer! I don't know if I can contribute to the conversation, but it'll be interesting to hear the man speak. 
  • Funds: I decided to splurge and order a pizza to split between my landlord and myself, so it's not a total waste if it's sharing, right?

How'd the breakfast go? Also, no, sharing is not a waste at all - you get more than just food from it. :) 

On 1/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I LOVE YOU!  THANK YOU!!!   Hahahaha I am dying the most pleasant death of laughter right now.

As for the question - It's this guy that does a pitch meeting for a movie.   He plays both the part of the screen writer, and the producer.   The screen writer pitches the movie and between the two of them, they basically point out plot holes, lazy writing, whoopses and more.   It's hilarious.   And even movies I have enjoyed and loved, can be torn apart and it doesn't upset me haha.     Here's my favorite Marvel character and movie being pitched.  Original Iron Man

https://youtu.be/BlNoCDp8oPM

Great week one there Red!   And yes, that was a lovely gesture for the landlord.   Totally justifiable!  

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 1/11/2020 at 5:28 AM, WhiteGhost said:

The best movie review channel ever 

I know, right?! It's crazy!

Huh, ok, then I will put an effort to try to check it out when I have the chance.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, analoggirl said:

Following along as well :) 

Glad to have you! Welcome to my madness.

Day 6, 7, 8, & 9

Day 6: I woke up at 0530 to go attend breakfast with Mentor's associate and I had a blast, It was the 3 of us plus the associate's flying buddies who are all roughly 50 years and above. But these were a bunch of cool rich guys (I'm assuming they're all rich because each of them have their own small private plane and they do this breakfast thing every Saturday). I then spent the day washing my clothes, and (this is the part where I usually stop) FOLDED my laundry!

Day 7: I woke up at 8 to go to Mass (which I haven't done in months) From there, I spent about 2 hours at my place before I went to my Math tutor interview. After that I went to a meet-up where they were going to do DnD. I actually had a lot of fun (despite one particular player who was kinda jerk just because I was new). I got home and went to bed.

Day 8:

• I woke up at 0615, did my Dynamic Warm-up and Knees to chest, but I forgot to do the stretching afterwards.
  • Bounties have not been turned in
  • After my Day at 'work' I was invited for a quick lunch with my Mentor and a regional director who's visiting for the week. We talked and had an interesting conversation (I am making myself try to seem like a valuable asset/reliable person by being there whenever invited). But after that, I went to another meet up with a group that does cosplay! I had more fun at this event than the DnD event the day prior. I didn't leave there until past 1030 because I was just talking to the cool nerds that were there. One guy even came cosplaying as Link. So I just had a great time.
  • I received word from the Tutoring job that I did not get it. I guess I'll keep looking.

Day 9

• Woke up at 0615, but because I was exhausted from the last two days of festivities, I hit the snooze and woke up at 0630. No Dynamic warm up nor stretching was done.
  • Working on Bounties from yesterday and today, right now
  • I took today as a 'let's stay at home' day, mainly because I have to do these bounties otherwise I'll fall behind.
  • I have learned that my last paycheck will be going to my house... back home... in California. 🤦‍♂️ Great... So my sister is going to help me get my money back through transferring of funds. Although on the plus side, I have told my boss my new location so that my W-2 will be mailed to the right address.
  • Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 1/13/2020 at 7:43 AM, Manarelle said:

How'd the breakfast go? Also, no, sharing is not a waste at all - you get more than just food from it. :) 

The breakfast was fantastic! I answered it in the quote above. I had a blast! OK I'm glad I got your approval!

On 1/13/2020 at 11:34 AM, Starpuck said:

I LOVE YOU!  THANK YOU!!!   Hahahaha I am dying the most pleasant death of laughter right now.

As for the question - It's this guy that does a pitch meeting for a movie.   He plays both the part of the screen writer, and the producer.   The screen writer pitches the movie and between the two of them, they basically point out plot holes, lazy writing, whoopses and more.   It's hilarious.   And even movies I have enjoyed and loved, can be torn apart and it doesn't upset me haha.     Here's my favorite Marvel character and movie being pitched.  Original Iron Man

https://youtu.be/BlNoCDp8oPM

Great week one there Red!   And yes, that was a lovely gesture for the landlord.   Totally justifiable!  

Ahh, I see! I watch something similar, I like "How it should've Ended" on youtube and "Honest Trailers" Both are really funny.

Thanks Puck! I'm glad! ^_^ 

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

FB_IMG_1579000568752.jpg

0c34d6496ff135e6ca23d67199c9955c.gif

Day 10

• Woke up at 0615, I had to shower instead, so nothing physical was done.
  • Still catching up on Bounties, I have to do a presentation due next week, so I'll try to get that started tonight.
  • Went to the store and I took a quick stroll to look at cooking utensils and pots and pans. I also have not read anything in a while, the last few days was due to being social, and last night was because of catching up on homework.
  • I have an interview to work for an Extotic Accessory shop (watches, bags, etc) on Monday, thanks to one of the office ladies at my 'job'. I also have something lined up for a job at Walmart. So I'm looking into that right now. So I will keep you guys posted!
  • Like 5

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

What a busy set of days.   And continued super interesting.

And super anime like!  

Are you sure you're not an actual anime character?

Good luck on the job prospects!  You seem to be keeping yourself in good order.  Well done!

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 1/14/2020 at 11:16 PM, Red1263 said:

Woke up at 0615, but because I was exhausted from the last two days of festivities, I hit the snooze and woke up at 0630.

Ha, no kidding. That's more in-person socializing than I do in a year. :) Glad you got to go and have fun though. Good luck on the interviews and catching up on the bounties. Sounds like you've got the Networking and Laundry Folding skills nailed down. 

On 1/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, Starpuck said:

What a busy set of days.   And continued super interesting.

And super anime like!  

Are you sure you're not an actual anime character?

Good luck on the job prospects!  You seem to be keeping yourself in good order.  Well done!

I know, it's kinda strange that I'm having these experiences. Like most anime, I'm not really used to it!

Well there was a time when a girl claimed that I belonged in an anime due to my expressions. I think you might be on to something...

Thanks Puck! Hopefully I'll get something soon.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:14 AM, Manarelle said:

Ha, no kidding. That's more in-person socializing than I do in a year. :) Glad you got to go and have fun though. Good luck on the interviews and catching up on the bounties. Sounds like you've got the Networking and Laundry Folding skills nailed down. 

Wow! I simply didn't want to be a shut-in when I first start off. Even then, there was a few moments were I was like, "I really don't want to be here." 

Day 11

• Woke up at 0615, I did my warm-up, knee-to-chests, and stretches, check!
  • Didn't do any bounties today, I offered to tutor a coworker's kid in math, and I'm happy to say that the kid did quite well! (I got paid in tacos, I accepted)
  • It's surprizing how people in Vegas believe that 20- 30 minutes is a long drive, in California, that's a short commute!
  • Job interview on Monday, and even another offer to tutor my boss' kid (for money this time)! Also I got my paycheck but it's a bit smaller than I thought it'd be. I'm going to have to call my job to find out more.
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 1/18/2020 at 11:10 PM, Red1263 said:

Wow! I simply didn't want to be a shut-in when I first start off. Even then, there was a few moments were I was like, "I really don't want to be here." 

To each their own; if not being a shut-in is part of your goals, then you're on a good path. I long ago accepted that I dislike being around lots of people, so I just don't. No point in making myself (and people around me) unhappy for the sake of avoiding a label. 

Didn't do any bounties today, I offered to tutor a coworker's kid in math, and I'm happy to say that the kid did quite well! (I got paid in tacos, I accepted)

Ha, that's a fantastic kind of payment. Grats to you and the kid. 

Job interview on Monday, and even another offer to tutor my boss' kid (for money this time)! Also I got my paycheck but it's a bit smaller than I thought it'd be. I'm going to have to call my job to find out more.

Good luck!

• Like 1