Red1263 embarks on a new journey! Externship: Part 1

Red1263

Catching up on all the happenings! Hope you get a job you like that fits in well with your schedule. I'd say if was a safe assumption to call someone rich who flies their own plane to breakfast every week.ūüėČThough, my brother in law was a pilot and had his own plane, and once in a while flew to meet friends for a hamburger. They called it the $100 hamburger club because of the gas expense to fly the plane to meet someone. He is not rich, he ¬† only has used cars, and¬† built his own house, so he just chooses wisely what he spends money on

• Like 2

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

To each their own; if not being a shut-in is part of your goals, then you're on a good path. I long ago accepted that I dislike being around lots of people, so I just don't. No point in making myself (and people around me) unhappy for the sake of avoiding a label. 

Ha, that's a fantastic kind of payment. Grats to you and the kid. 

Good luck!

Well, a bit of a backstory can explain my thinking:

I'm the youngest of 7 children, and one of the benefits of being the youngest is that I can see the mistakes of my siblings and make sure I don't make the same ones. One of my bros would get off work and play on his Xbox one everyday. His social interaction was only online and after a time, he felt lost/depressed/alone. Only when he started going out socially, did his mood improved. Hence why I'm doing this.

Also it's pure curiosity, because I've never done this before, so... Why not?

Day... Wait, 14? no, there's the weekend first...

Saturday

• Had my best friend visit, So we went to the comic book store, where I rectified a mistake (I bought my bro 2 of the same comic by mistake). I also picked up a couple for my own entertainment ^_^
  • I feel like I have forgotten to mention that for the most part, my weekends will not be part of the challenge, as lately, I'm merely exploring my own devices/job hunting/etc.

Sunday

• Went to Mass, Then worked on a presentation bounty that's due every 3 weeks, And then did DnD. After researching my character and how the rules worked a little bit better, I had a lot more fun. Even during a Boss, I utterly failed to hit a Skeleton, but I did redeem myself in a wicked counterattack against said skeleton! I even got some cool equipment after the boss fight.

Monday... errr today

• Woke up at 0615 without too much problems today, it's starting to feel more natural to wake up at this hour. Which means that my next challenge will be to aim for 0600. Did my Dynamic warm-up and stretches.
  • Bounties are done for today!
  • I asked my landlady if she was willing to help me learn to shop for groceries for myself, She accepted and so one day we¬†will have to do that and I will have to get a sense of how to meal prep and cook proportionally.
  • And the best news for today: I got a position to work as a Salesperson at Fossil! It's not much but they're willing to work with my externship schedule and it's exactly what I need in order to make sure I at least have gas in my tank! Call me Red1263 the Shopkeeper!¬†

Image result for Final Fantasy shop gif

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Catching up on all the happenings! Hope you get a job you like that fits in well with your schedule. I'd say if was a safe assumption to call someone rich who flies their own plane to breakfast every week.ūüėČThough, my brother in law was a pilot and had his own plane, and once in a while flew to meet friends for a hamburger. They called it the $100 hamburger club because of the gas expense to fly the plane to meet someone. He is not rich, he ¬† only has used cars, and¬† built his own house, so he just chooses wisely what he spends money on

Oh this guy definitely was rich! He was an engineer for the old Apollo missions, had a corvette in his own personal hanger next to his 55'(?) RV, and is currently shopping for another personal plane so that it's easier for his wife to get in. I can also confirm he's rich, because he paid for the device for his wife with cash, which for a custom made Metal Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthotic brace goes in the thousands, even with insurance!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Congratulations on the new job! 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 

Other Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Congratulations on the new job! 

Thanks WG!

Day 15

• Woke up at 0615, did the usual, feels good, I'm starting to really adjust to this time frame
  • Bounties weren't completed today, I had to work on different important documents¬†that required a lot of attention
  • I'm starting to get the sense that I might be here for longer than 3 months. My boss is pushing for me to do my residency here, and I honestly do not mind.
  • I haven't read in a while, but I did get some new comics, that might inspire me to read more before bed.
  • Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Day 16

• I slept late last night I gave in to nerdish desires and made a spreadsheet of all of the comics series I wanted to collect. Plus reading comics before going to bed after midnight :P¬†Because of my sleepiness, I didn't do anything fitness related
  • Caught up on all of my bounties on the last two days
  • I'm starting to learn my way around the city, avoiding traffic and learning to make new friends, it's going to take me a while before I can say I know where I'm going without the gps, though.
  • OK, so I officially have all of my money from my last job, so now it's time to make sure I'm on top of my bills and budget so that I don't put myself into more debt. (which means no new comics for a while :(¬†)
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 1/20/2020 at 11:59 PM, Red1263 said:

And the best news for today: I got a position to work as a Salesperson at Fossil! It's not much but they're willing to work with my externship schedule and it's exactly what I need in order to make sure I at least have gas in my tank! Call me Red1263 the Shopkeeper! 

Woot, grats! It doesn't have to be "much" - the "much" is your externship, this is side quests to help you boost your main. :) That said, I've been thinking I need to get a new purse (current one is 4+ years old) so looking up what Fossil is was serendipitous. 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:21 AM, Red1263 said:

I slept late last night I gave in to nerdish desires and made a spreadsheet of all of the comics series I wanted to collect. Plus reading comics before going to bed after midnight :P Because of my sleepiness, I didn't do anything fitness related

Hahaha, yay spreadsheets! I have one for comics, too, to avoid accidental duplication. Grats on catching up with the bounties, and tat speaks volumes that your boss wants to keep you longer. Would you stay for the residency if you could?

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, Current

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Woot, grats! It doesn't have to be "much" - the "much" is your externship, this is side quests to help you boost your main. :) That said, I've been thinking I need to get a new purse (current one is 4+ years old) so looking up what Fossil is was serendipitous. 

Hahaha, yay spreadsheets! I have one for comics, too, to avoid accidental duplication. Grats on catching up with the bounties, and tat speaks volumes that your boss wants to keep you longer. Would you stay for the residency if you could?

Oh! Well then yes, We have Serendipity in play!

If Residency was offered for me here, then yes I'd accept it. 1) I'm not picky in the least as to where I want to do residency, and 2) This particular clinic and it's people are starting to grow on me. Except, I spoke with my Landlady, and she even agreed that I can stay (provided I continue to pay rent) where I'm at and not rush in trying to find a new place to live on my own here. Because, this place is great and all, but only a fraction of my own stuff is here.

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 1/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, Red1263 said:

His social interaction was only online and after a time, he felt lost/depressed/alone. Only when he started going out socially, did his mood improved. Hence why I'm doing this.

I'm also the youngest and I think I have done much the same.      This is some great insight too- it's hard when you get into a comfort zone of being in your own space and moods.   But I to am endeavoring to get out more.  Not that I don't - sheez, I have a lot of D&D and things.   But that too, is now my comfort zone. :)

On 1/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, Red1263 said:

I asked my landlady if she was willing to help me learn to shop for groceries for myself, She accepted and so one day we will have to do that and I will have to get a sense of how to meal prep and cook proportionally.

You. Are. Just.    I won't say it again, but you are seriously every slice of life anime I've ever watched and loved.    Nice job on asking for the help and looking to expand your skill set.    

You really really sound like you have yourself all together!  It's so exciting and fun to  see.   Grats on the job too!   Things are coming together really nicely and it's not doubt aided by your great attitude and work ethic.

Well done Red!

• Like 4

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I'm also the youngest and I think I have done much the same.      This is some great insight too- it's hard when you get into a comfort zone of being in your own space and moods.   But I to am endeavoring to get out more.  Not that I don't - sheez, I have a lot of D&D and things.   But that too, is now my comfort zone. :)

You. Are. Just.    I won't say it again, but you are seriously every slice of life anime I've ever watched and loved.    Nice job on asking for the help and looking to expand your skill set.    

You really really sound like you have yourself all together!  It's so exciting and fun to  see.   Grats on the job too!   Things are coming together really nicely and it's not doubt aided by your great attitude and work ethic.

Well done Red!

Me too! Especially since now there's no one for me to look after, and I didn't have a hard shift at work that eats up whatever remaining mental/physical energy I had left after school. I think that so long as I know where to lay my head to rest, I'm comfortable in a lot of situations. I know how to stay aware of myself out in the real world :P

Ha ha ha! Keep calling me an anime character and I might have to change my persona to this:

Image result for anime redhead gif

Well, if you think you'll get the better of me by flattery then... You're right!¬†ūü•į

All joking aside, I learned a long time ago that you can learn something from everyone! And I hold true to that. It's my ninja way personal philosophy.

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

OK I just realized that I have not updated since wednesday, so here's a detailed update on everything so far:

• Waking up early: For the rest of the week (and today), I did stay on top of waking up early, although today, I fell into a facebook rabbit hole and only did my dynamic warm-up without stretching
  • Bounties: Caught up on all of my bounties of the week and today!
  • Adapting: I learned that there are several large stores within 10 minutes of me (coming from california, you've no idea how bizarre this sounds). I was able to shop for things I needed. I also cooked 12 breakfast burritos to take with me throughout the week! It's a small start, but I can learn to improve on this first, and then I can expand to cooked meals for myself. One more note for adapting to being on my own. I had some old co-workers visit me for a night of drinking and dancing, and I didn't come back to my place, I as a matter of fact crashed at their hotel room (they insisted). This is the first time I've ever done that. It was an interesting experience to think, "I don't have to go back to my place. I'm ok." I have a feeling that because I have no one to rely on me for anything, this option to not go back is now available to me (because it wasn't before).
  • Funds:¬†Funds are still good. So I had an interesting day today, I thought, Well, I thought I was supposed to show up today, and the manager on deck goes, "OK cool, let me just call the Head guy and we'll get started" So he's on the phone for a bit longer than normal, and then he hands the phone to me, I answer and the head guy starts laughing and apologizing, I heard "come in on Monday" what he said was, "We need to wait for some numbers that will come in on Monday, before you can work" so that on top of my forgetting my shirt for the shift ended my day. It was a misunderstanding on my part, the guy even offered to pay me for the 5 minutes I was there, but I was like, "dude, it's ok. Don't worry about it" and the guy was like, "I'm glad to see that you're so eager" Which I think is a good thing. Still yeah, I came in uniform and everything, which are denim jeans and denim jacket and a shirt of a particular design. Basically I look like a hipster. Except, that I'm not that cool :P

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

So I had an interesting day today, I thought, Well, I thought I was supposed to show up today, and the manager on deck goes, "OK cool, let me just call the Head guy and we'll get started" So he's on the phone for a bit longer than normal, and then he hands the phone to me, I answer and the head guy starts laughing and apologizing, I heard "come in on Monday" what he said was, "We need to wait for some numbers that will come in on Monday, before you can work" so that on top of my forgetting my shirt for the shift ended my day. It was a misunderstanding on my part, the guy even offered to pay me for the 5 minutes I was there, but I was like, "dude, it's ok. Don't worry about it" and the guy was like, "I'm glad to see that you're so eager" Which I think is a good thing. Still yeah, I came in uniform and everything, which are denim jeans and denim jacket and a shirt of a particular design. Basically I look like a hipster. Except, that I'm not that cool :P

Hahahaha. Nice. That does speak well of your work ethic. Also, bah psht to "I'm not that cool", mr. slice of life anime. :)

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Manarelle said:

Hahahaha. Nice. That does speak well of your work ethic. Also, bah psht to "I'm not that cool", mr. slice of life anime. :)

More like my bad habit of hearing the wrong thing :P But I thank you all the same for the title

Image result for sunglasses anime gif"

Man, have I had a busy couple of days!

• Tuesday was my official first day of work. it was pretty simple, "This is how to talk to the customers." "Make sure you do this and not this" etc etc Got home at almost midnight.
  • Wednesday I was working with my friend for a special project (let's call it "the Magitech Project" Image result for kefka laugh gif") that we've been working on since we were still in graduate school, that was pretty much my entire day after externship.
  • So today my day to catch up on everything (especially updating NF)

• Waking up early:¬†I did wake up on time on every day except for today. I had a heavy shift for externship that exhausted me physically, and working on the Magitech project afterwards exhausted me mentally made me wake up with 0 hp energy
  • Bounties:¬†Catching up on bounties as we speak, I'm currently half way through
  • Adapting:¬†I'm really appreciative of these breakfast burritos! I'm watching everyone around me buy food and I'm just sitting here munching on my own creation. I'm going to try to see if I can scrounge up enough money to start lunch/dinner meals for prep.
  • Funds: I'm still holding fast to the money I have left, my w-2 will be mailed tomorrow, and this part time job will help keep gas in my tank. My brother even messaged me asking if I'm willing to let a friend of his (who does taxes as a business) look at my taxes to see if he can get me more money, I was hesitant at first, but there's no harm in letting him try. So for now, I've just gotta wait until¬†something¬†comes to me. Sigh... I'm not too fond of waiting like this. I'm more of a 'go out and get it' mentality. Oh well.
  • Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

You are doing amazing! That's great that you are prepping your own breakfast. 

• Thanks 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 1/31/2020 at 6:51 PM, Elastigirl said:

You are doing amazing! That's great that you are prepping your own breakfast. 

Thanks I try

Image result for thank you blush gif"

OK So last night I went out to hang out with my group of cosplayer nerds at Round One, and we played games, pool, drank a little, and I had a blast! I did a sorta casual Venom cosplay, using black long sleeves, my Venom shirt and just said, "This should work... I think." But over all, I had  fun! That being said, I couldn't finish all of my bounties which is what I'll do tonight before it gets too late! I made a friend who was hesitant to label herself as a nerd, so I made her an official Nerd card, She loved it. I hope I gave her some spark to make sure she doesn't hesitate to be who she wants to be.

• Waking up early:¬†Friday I woke up right on schedule and did my warm-up along with some slight shadowboxing and stretching to finish it off. It felt good to shadowbox again, I think once I get established with my residency, I'll look for a dojo again. Today, all I did was woke up, showered and got ready for work.
  • Bounties:¬†Catching up on bounties right after this.
  • Adapting:¬†
    • I bought some rice and mixed vegetables and my sister left me some canned chicken breast to cook with. So on Sunday, I will do meal prep for the week! I've got like 2-3 burritos left so now is the time to get on it! Any recipes are welcome!¬†
    • I also have been reading before going to bed, to make sure I don't stay up looking at electronics and disrupting my sleep. Errr, Friday I didn't due to my nerd outing
  • Funds: I'm going to be down to my last couple of hundred dollars soon.¬†My¬†W-2 should be on its merry way to me, and I'll manage if I only spend money on gas and necessary foods. Also i forgot to ask when I will be getting paid from my Item shop job. Meh, it'll be ok, I go back in on Tuesday, I'll ask then.
  • Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 1/31/2020 at 12:42 AM, Red1263 said:

Adapting: I'm really appreciative of these breakfast burritos! I'm watching everyone around me buy food and I'm just sitting here munching on my own creation. I'm going to try to see if I can scrounge up enough money to start lunch/dinner meals for prep.

Best feeling ever. Especially when you know they're paying at least double for their food compared to what you did, AND you get healthier food. I don't have any burrito recipes per se, but the gentleman is very fond of scrambled egg and potato breakfast burritos, with cheese to bind it all together and sausage/ meat if you're feeling really splurge-y.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:42 PM, Red1263 said:

I made a friend who was hesitant to label herself as a nerd, so I made her an official Nerd card, She loved it. I hope I gave her some spark to make sure she doesn't hesitate to be who she wants to be.

Aw, that's super cool of you. Sounds like an awesome experience, despite the delayed bounties. Hopefully the taxes and paychecks all come through for you soon. 

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Best feeling ever. Especially when you know they're paying at least double for their food compared to what you did, AND you get healthier food. I don't have any burrito recipes per se, but the gentleman is very fond of scrambled egg and potato breakfast burritos, with cheese to bind it all together and sausage/ meat if you're feeling really splurge-y.

It's a new feeling for me, I'll admit. I know when I eat outside foods, there's that expected food coma that comes right after. But I don't get that anymore... It's weird. You know, I just made the revelation of adding potatoes to my meals earlier today :P

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Aw, that's super cool of you. Sounds like an awesome experience, despite the delayed bounties. Hopefully the taxes and paychecks all come through for you soon.

I learned from this website to always accept who you are. Some people might take a while, but I hope I at least gave her a little nudge in the right direction. Yeah, I know I'm looking at my funds and things are starting to require my attention (AKA my funds O.O)

• Waking up early:¬†Today I woke up at 5 because my boss needed a ride to the airport, and I was happy to oblige. So no warm up today
  • Bounties:¬†All caught up!
    • Whenever my landlady makes us dinner, I make it a point to always wash the dishes afterwards. Trying to get into the habit of cleaning up after myself.¬†
    • After meal prepping, I'm starting to think of ways to improve these two dishes, ie add potatoes, more cheese, etc
  • Funds: I spend money to play DnD (I forgot to mention that it's a requirement pay-to-play), and over the weekend, I spend more money to play arcades with more nerds. But now my brakes need to be changed, and I've got a friend who's willing to help me change them. So I'm going to have to plan out carefully what my next moves will be.
  • Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Red1263 said:

After meal prepping, I'm starting to think of ways to improve these two dishes, ie add potatoes, more cheese, etc

Something I learned only AFTER my student years: spices. Check out the spice aisle - a lot of stores have like pre-mixed spice blends (McCormick Perfect Pinch is a big one out here - we use salad supreme on a LOT of dishes). Makes a huge difference in the palatability of even simple dishes. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, Manarelle said:

Something I learned only AFTER my student years: spices. Check out the spice aisle - a lot of stores have like pre-mixed spice blends (McCormick Perfect Pinch is a big one out here - we use salad supreme on a LOT of dishes). Makes a huge difference in the palatability of even simple dishes. 

Thank you for that, but I was referring to things to add to my foods to help me stay fuller longer. But I did buy some spices though!

OK So I had a family emergency that caused me to go back home to california for a couple of days to help out, but I'm now back and since I haven't updated in a while, I'm just going to end the challenge here, so I can start focusing on the next challenge!

• Waking up early:¬†For the majority of the challenge, I actually have woken up at my designated time. It was very rare for me to stay awake at 0600, but somehow 0615 is more manageable?¬†
  • Bounties:¬†Due the emergency I had, I could not turn in the last 4 bounties I needed, but I was given an option to make them up.
    • I'm planning out my days and when to prep, when to do laundry, and now that I got my paycheck, budgeting as well.
    • I bought some more foods to prep for the week, but due to the fact that I have work tomorrow cooking is going to have to wait until tuesday.
  • Funds: Got my first paycheck, and so far I spend less than half of it on groceries and the rest I'll save for upcoming bills like the phone and eventually rent. I did buy myself a wireless mouse to help make my set up a bit easier to work with. Now all that's left is getting my W-2 and once that comes in, I'll be set until residency.
  • Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Sorry to hear about the family emergency, hope everything turned out ok. Discounting that, though, sounds like it was a very good challenge for you, congrats on the life change and successful habits!

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:26 AM, Manarelle said:

Sorry to hear about the family emergency, hope everything turned out ok. Discounting that, though, sounds like it was a very good challenge for you, congrats on the life change and successful habits!

Thank you for your kind words. And everything did turn out ok. My mom got a mild concussion and her kidneys cannot process Potassium so she somehow got more than she could handle in her system which caused her to go through what she did. But I'm happy to report that she's back to normal!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Glad your mom is doing better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1