Jump to content

Flea ignores the rules again


fleaball

Recommended Posts

I got bored of my old thread. I don't know what I'm doing with this one, tbh. The things I thought I wanted as goals don't really appeal to me right now, and personal issues wiped out zero week last week so I didn't have the brain space to come up with any alternatives. So I'm making this week zero week and hopefully doing a 4-week challenge starting Sunday. I'm grumpy as hell and don't want to do nothing again. So goals TBD. 

 

Goal for this challenge: do 3-5 things on this list every day. Currently CBA to rearrange my spreadsheet so oh well.

 

Spoiler

Vitamins
Yoga
GMB
100 oz Water
To do item
Cook a meal
Meditation
Journal
Walk
Clean 5 minutes
Green Tea
No Coffee
Vegan Meal
Eat a Freggie
Self Care
Mantra
PT
Floss
Mouthwash

 

 

 

ITT: family drama, cat drama, lots of negativity, bad puns and dad jokes courtesy of Tank probably, lots of 4-letter words, things that you wouldn't expect to see outside of bad sitcoms

 

tumblr_poft5zCoMh1rntxqeo5_250.gifv

  • Like 12

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment

Current ridiculousness happening: 

 

- My father freaked out on Thursday because he had to turn in all his shit and was missing a badge. Guess who found it in two seconds? And guess where? If you guessed me, and on the shirt he'd worn the day before, you'd be correct!

 

- I got my hair cut and dyed today because I didn't want a year's worth of gray hair at the retirement party. The first thing he said when I walked in the door was "is that how you wanted it??" I did this for myself, not to impress you or your former coworkers so yes it is and also go fuck yourself. 

 

- (I'm actually not in love with my hair or the way she did my eyebrows, but that's neither here nor there.)

 

- Fat Kitty's digestive troubles seem to be resolving themselves but I still want to light everyone on fire for being useless. 

 

- I still never got the mac & cheese I wanted like a week ago because I never want it when I'm actually at the store, only at night when it's too late to buy it. #firstworldproblems

  • Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment

Happy you're here. Happy you only had to waste a few seconds on the badge issue. Happy FK is getting better. Good job not burning the fucker to the ground, but I totally get the desire.

 

Is a mac and cheese stockpile possibly in order? It could be like the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, but yummy!

mac and cheese help GIF

  • Like 5

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

 

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Just now, Whisper said:

Happy you're here. Happy you only had to waste a few seconds on the badge issue. Happy FK is getting better. Good job not burning the fucker to the ground, but I totally get the desire.

 

Is a mac and cheese stockpile possibly in order? It could be like the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, but yummy!

mac and cheese help GIF

Ugh see I don't like real mac & cheese, I only want the neon orange Kraft bullshit. And the reason I haven't stockpiled is that I keep telling myself I'm going vegan for reals ASAP. I have to go to Target tomorrow after therapy so I might just cave and grab some though. 

  • Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Ugh see I don't like real mac & cheese, I only want the neon orange Kraft bullshit.

 

I like the cheap box stuff better too.

 

Ignore the words...

mac n cheese news GIF by NowThis

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

 

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

 

Link to comment

Kraft blue box Mac & Cheese has like a half-life. Buy a few and throw it in the back of a cabinet. It'll keep for a few years if you ultimately go Vegan for a while - but be there if you have a craving and just NEEEEEED it :)

Screw people saying anything about your hair. Even if you don't like it. And if you don't - go back and any good salon will FIX it.

Sorry about kitty digestive issues. Our senior kitty had his first seizure in a loooooong time a couple of weeks ago. We've narrowed it down to being cause by beef - so we're EXTRA careful. But apparently not careful enough - or he got into something else. It's always heartbreaking when your pet is going through something that you can't actually FIX!

You'll figure out this challenge - even if it's just hanging out because you need a safe space to vent. {{HUGS}}

Oh - and I can tell you stories about my family that will make you think Soap Opera story lines are more believable LOL. You're definitely not alone there!

  • Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

 My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

Kraft blue box Mac & Cheese has like a half-life. Buy a few and throw it in the back of a cabinet. It'll keep for a few years if you ultimately go Vegan for a while - but be there if you have a craving and just NEEEEEED it :)

You're a terrible person. :)

 

26 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

Screw people saying anything about your hair. Even if you don't like it. And if you don't - go back and any good salon will FIX it.

Oh trust me, we're well beyond actually giving a shit about anything my father says. It's more just wondering how no one has ever punched him in the face for the stupid things he says. 

 

I don't hate my hair. I'm just meh about the whole thing. I found out on Sunday that my father wanted me to go to his retirement party on Thursday, so it was more "guess I have to go get it done" and less "yay I'm going to get my haircut and I have a plan on what I want." So there's nothing to fix unless you can get me a time machine so I can go back and say I'm not going to the party instead.

  • Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Current ridiculousness happening: 

 

- My father freaked out on Thursday because he had to turn in all his shit and was missing a badge. Guess who found it in two seconds? And guess where? If you guessed me, and on the shirt he'd worn the day before, you'd be correct!

I was going to guess you found it, and in the place he said he searched a million times haha. 

 

I've alwasy liked the regular blue box Mac n Cheese too. My oldest like the "deluxe" version only. Though now, I don't eat it at all hah

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Kraft mac is the best!  I've been testing just how bad my milk issues are and maybe I'll get *lucky* that it's processed enough I can eat it when the need strikes!  If you answer the siren call of the blue box, may you enjoy every bite 

 

  • Like 3

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, fleaball said:

Ugh see I don't like real mac & cheese, I only want the neon orange Kraft bullshit. And the reason I haven't stockpiled is that I keep telling myself I'm going vegan for reals ASAP. I have to go to Target tomorrow after therapy so I might just cave and grab some though. 

 

So here is my thoughts on the matter. It will be harder to go vegan when you are craving something. Just give in and eat it and hopefully the craving will resolve. Otherwise your going to sit there going "I am vegan, but damn I want Mac and cheese" and never really move forward. Sometimes our bodies want what they want and its easier to bend the rules a bit (and hope the body doesn't hate you after) then trying to be strong nad just making yourself grumpy.

As far as your dad, well yeah... I wonder if the badge kept him from getting punched.

 

Glad FK is doing better.

 

  • Like 3

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to comment

I actually don't like boxed mac n cheese. I did when I was a kid, but it has lost its luster. However, I agree with others who suggest you keep a few boxes around just in case. 

 

 

Also, I totally resemble the remark about being the source of dad jokes.

  • Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment

Replies later but I’m on the way to therapy and realized I’m a liar. 
 

my hair is way too short and wayyy too red. I’ll live but I am slightly cranky. I definitely specified the length I wanted and the color swatch I picked wasn’t this bright. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
1 minute ago, fleaball said:

Replies later but I’m on the way to therapy and realized I’m a liar. 
 

my hair is way too short and wayyy too red. I’ll live but I am slightly cranky. I definitely specified the length I wanted and the color swatch I picked wasn’t this bright. 

 

Not much but time can fix the too short issue. Hate it when my hair is too short.

 

As far as too red; every woman I've known that has died their hair red, including one that does so regularly, is alarmed by how bright it is at first. Hopefully it will quickly settle down into the color you want, or can be corrected by the person that did it. 

  • Like 3

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

 

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

 

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, fleaball said:

my hair is way too short and wayyy too red.

My hair has yet to match any swatch...your original color and when the last time your hair was colored makes a huge difference too....I'm mostly grey and when I originally did mine it was very vivid...but I liked it that way, ymmv

  • Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

 

Link to comment

I mean... is the cheese packet really cheese anyways? I always assumed it was just chemicals. bahaha everything is chemicals.

 

You could always make it with vegan butter and almond milk (or no milk) when making it to lessen the impact. 

 

You could make a vegan alternative for the cheese sauce. Vegan Mac and Cheese Powder  It uses nutritional yeast which I think gives me an allergic reaction...but its not bad and kind of cheesy tasting. 

 

I am sure there are vegan KD alternatives out there.. You could use this as an opportunity to experiment and see which one you like the best or tastes the closest. 

 

I am mighty curious about your hair. Red fades fast so maybe the colour won't be turrible soon. 

  • Like 4

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

 

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Whisper said:

 

Not much but time can fix the too short issue. Hate it when my hair is too short.

 

As far as too red; every woman I've known that has died their hair red, including one that does so regularly, is alarmed by how bright it is at first. Hopefully it will quickly settle down into the color you want, or can be corrected by the person that did it. 

yeah my hair grows pretty quickly so I’m not terribly concerned. and red is one of the fastest colors to fade so again, it will resolve itself. I’m just frustrated because while I wasn’t enthusiastic about getting it done I definitely said I want a red-violet color and the longest part should hit my shoulders. Neither of which happened. Rawr. 
 

20 minutes ago, RES said:

My hair has yet to match any swatch...your original color and when the last time your hair was colored makes a huge difference too....I'm mostly grey and when I originally did mine it was very vivid...but I liked it that way, ymmv

I def expected that with so much gray it would look a little different, but it was supposed to be red/violet/auburn-ish and I see no purple tones whatsoever. Or brown. Just a lot of red, even on the not gray parts of my hair. Oh well. One day I’ll be brave enough to just let it all go gray and then I’ll put fun colors over it instead. 
 

16 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I mean... is the cheese packet really cheese anyways? I always assumed it was just chemicals. bahaha everything is chemicals.

 

You could always make it with vegan butter and almond milk (or no milk) when making it to lessen the impact. 

 

You could make a vegan alternative for the cheese sauce. Vegan Mac and Cheese Powder  It uses nutritional yeast which I think gives me an allergic reaction...but its not bad and kind of cheesy tasting. 

 

I am sure there are vegan KD alternatives out there.. You could use this as an opportunity to experiment and see which one you like the best or tastes the closest. 

 

I am mighty curious about your hair. Red fades fast so maybe the colour won't be turrible soon. 

I’ve used nooch before but never for cheese. Mostly I’m too lazy to deal

with the cashew part of most vegan cheeses. I’ll look into it though, thanks! And you’re right, there’s probably no actual cheese in the orange stuff so I’m probably safe lol. 
 

I’ll try to take a decent picture when I get home. No promises. 

  • Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment

Someone go buy makeup for me. I don’t know what I’m doing. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
1 hour ago, fleaball said:

yeah my hair grows pretty quickly so I’m not terribly concerned. and red is one of the fastest colors to fade so again, it will resolve itself. I’m just frustrated because while I wasn’t enthusiastic about getting it done I definitely said I want a red-violet color and the longest part should hit my shoulders. Neither of which happened. Rawr. 
 

I def expected that with so much gray it would look a little different, but it was supposed to be red/violet/auburn-ish and I see no purple tones whatsoever. Or brown. Just a lot of red, even on the not gray parts of my hair. Oh well. One day I’ll be brave enough to just let it all go gray and then I’ll put fun colors over it instead. 
 

I’ve used nooch before but never for cheese. Mostly I’m too lazy to deal

with the cashew part of most vegan cheeses. I’ll look into it though, thanks! And you’re right, there’s probably no actual cheese in the orange stuff so I’m probably safe lol. 
 

I’ll try to take a decent picture when I get home. No promises. 

I feel that lol effort is too great. But it seems you can make a bunch and store it so there's that. 

 

Yay I'm excite

  • Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

 

Link to comment

My father interrupted me so I’ll post later. I bought makeup so I figured if I’m giving y’all a pic of my fire engine red hair I’ll test out the makeup to make sure I know what I’m doing and y’all can tell me if I look like a clown or not. 

  • Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

My father interrupted me so I’ll post later. I bought makeup so I figured if I’m giving y’all a pic of my fire engine red hair I’ll test out the makeup to make sure I know what I’m doing and y’all can tell me if I look like a clown or not. 

 

Make up is hard! If you want, I can have my daughter give you a tutorial over the phone. She actually did a good job with me on a daily routine. It's primarily eye focused and, while some of the things she told me to do sounded weird to me, she did a great job and it's very simple. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

 

Make up is hard! If you want, I can have my daughter give you a tutorial over the phone. She actually did a good job with me on a daily routine. It's primarily eye focused and, while some of the things she told me to do sounded weird to me, she did a great job and it's very simple. 

lmao I almost tagged you and said I should steal your daughter(s). I should be okay though. I just got concealer and foundation and an eye shadow that tells you which color goes where haha. Let me try it on my own first and then if it’s a disaster I may take you up on that if she’s available. 

  • Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
8 hours ago, fleaball said:

I def expected that with so much gray it would look a little different, but it was supposed to be red/violet/auburn-ish and I see no purple tones whatsoever. Or brown. Just a lot of red, even on the not gray parts of my hair. Oh well. One day I’ll be brave enough to just let it all go gray and then I’ll put fun colors over it instead. 


I have a friend that does this - and it is awesome :) She does everything from bright blue\green to violet. Hey - she went gray in her 20's - you gotta do something!

As for bright red.... that's definitely my hair - but it's HARD to pull it off unless you bleach first or - like me - are naturally blonde. I actually prefer it a bit darker\auburn - but hubby likes it bright so bright it is. It makes me easier to find\describe when I'm meeting new folks (which is quite often with my job).

 

My February appointment though - I'm going all out and actually running purple highlights through it. Which DOES require bleaching then toning with the purple. But it's also when I do a Keratin treatment that locks it in. My hair loves the red so much that I never have to do anything than the roots. It just doesn't wash out :)

  • Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

 My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Link to comment

I'm just going to send some good vibes to you that you don't have to go nuclear on anyone who is suddenly spending a lot more time around the house

  • Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment

Currently attempting makeup several hours later than planned because someone kept needing help with things. 
 

However, on today’s episode of Flea is Out of Fucks: I was supervising while he ironed his clothes for tomorrow and then took over because he was legitimately panicking over a barely visible spot on the side of his shirt. He went off to the cellar to do god knows what and when he heard me walking around he yelled “do you need me for something?” I said no, followed by “never have.” Doubt he heard me but it was satisfying anyway. 

  • Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Rookie said:

I mean... is the cheese packet really cheese anyways? I always assumed it was just chemicals. bahaha everything is chemicals.

 

Excuse me, do you have a moment to discuss the dangers of di-Hydrogen Monoxide?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines