Flea ignores the rules again

fleaball

Got my bonus last night. Got another one for the weekend that I should be able to knock out despite the impending snowstorm. Got a new car today with zero hassle. 

Also only got about an hour of sleep but gonna go catch up on that ASAP and currently trying not to complain given that things are otherwise going my way. 

• Like 9

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Since all of my own shit went so well today, of course the universe needed to find somewhere else to put all the drama. 

Woke up from my mostly failed nap to a text and missed call from my father asking for the AAA phone number because he was out running errands and his car won’t start. Called him about half an hour after the missed call and he’s hanging out in a library that’s closing soon, waffling over whether he wants me to come to him. It’s literally 19F with a wind chill of Fuck You. So I’ve been out here with him for 2 hours. Dude came and tried to jump it, it’s not the battery but probably the starter. Now we need it towed home 5 miles away, then towed to the dealer in the morning. Wait an hour and some change for the tow truck, get a notification that they’ve arrived... they’re 2 towns over?? So he’s sitting in my passenger seat losing his shit while I’m trying to shut him up as I talk to the AAA dispatcher. Now we have to wait another hour-ish because we’re not in the service area of the first tow company. The lady did  put us as a priority ticket but that doesn’t guarantee anything. So I’m stuck with this raging asshole in a confined space for at least another hour and wrecking my car by idling it forever. And we’re both getting hangry. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Fucking tow truck guy shows up and the car magically works. Which is better than the alternative but ugh. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Aaaaaand now his wallet is missing. I quit. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

16 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Aaaaaand now his wallet is missing. I quit. 

This is the point where I would probably just break down into hysterical laughter. Because OF COURSE his wallet is missing. PooBomb

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

27 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

This is the point where I would probably just break down into hysterical laughter. Because OF COURSE his wallet is missing. PooBomb

Already did that on the way home. He asked me to follow him just in case, then took off at stupid speeds, then got on the highway for one exit because god forbid it take him two extra minutes to get home. I lost track of him pretty quickly but then I spotted him... in the breakdown lane... with his hazards on... because in his haste to gtfo he didn’t make sure the hood was shut properly. So he’s whipping down the interstate and all the time he saved himself just disappeared while he has to pull over and not die. I spent the last couple miles of the ride just losing it and wondering wtf my life has come to. 

but yeah. We realized it was missing like two hours ago when I asked for it to make sure his AAA card wasn’t actually in it. And he has made zero attempt to look for it since. Last he saw it was on the front seat of his car. Which he left unlocked. And unattended. On a main road. So. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Flea saves the day again. He has two different credit cards and two checking accounts with debit cards. I badgered him incessantly to leave one of each somewhere at home since his wallet likes to go missing on a regular basis. 

Even though the car currently works he’s still taking it to the dealership tomorrow to figure out what the deal was. As he’s going to bed - “oh. Shit. I need some way to pay tomorrow don’t I?” Well yeah. That, among other reasons, is why you should probably look for your fucking wallet. Doesn’t look for the wallet. But it turns out he actually listened to me at some point and stashed a credit card in a drawer! Now I’m pretty sure I won’t get a call at stupid o’clock tomorrow asking me to come pay for his car. 

I might still get a call to pick him up if it’s going to take a while, but I told him I’m going out driving for a couple hours before the snow starts at 6 so he’ll have to figure out his own way back. We’ll see what happens. My phone might accidentally wind up on silent. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Can we just stop for a second and reflect on the fact that not only was my father at a library when he discovered his car wouldn’t start, so there were plenty of opportunities to find the info he needed, he contacted me using the tiny computer in his pocket. Like Jesus Christ, it didn’t occur to you to google “aaa phone number”? I know learned helplessness is a thing and I know we’ve discussed being a mostly functional person at work vs at home, but holy shit how was this man left in charge of an entire police station on an almost regular basis????

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

but holy shit how was this man left in charge of an entire police station on an almost regular basis????

He probably ordered his underlings around so he could skate by on their work.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

He probably ordered his underlings around so he could skate by on their work.

According to everyone and their mom at the retirement party he was the opposite of this. Had I not heard them say it myself I would have totally agreed with you. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Found his wallet buried under the front passenger seat. Hooray, now I don’t have to babysit while he calls credit card companies for new ones. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Slept poorly last night for some unknown reason. Didn’t go driving as a result. Have been a zombie all fucking day. Except around 10pm I got the urge to start cleaning?? Which isn’t a bad thing but come on, brain. What are you even doing right now??

I will sincerely attempt to get caught up with everyone tonight.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I caught up on all the threads that appeared in my last 7 pages of notifications. I think I still have to go search for some people because it felt like there were threads missing. still have replies I want to make in this thread though. 

I’ve come up with and then abandoned several sets of goals for this challenge. I just don’t know what I want to do for it and I’m pretty sure that’s due to some combination of getting too stuck in my head plus fun trauma issues that I can’t quite put my finger on. So I’ve decided that I’m just going to go back to the massive list I made for the challenge where I just had to do one positive thing a day, but I’m going to aim for 3-5 instead. There are enough small and low effort things that I can still hit that number on bad days. 

I had more to say but suddenly it’s 5am so that will have to wait. I think I uncovered a flea in my logic regarding how I approach goal setting, so there’s that. 

• Like 9

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

So I’ve decided that I’m just going to go back to the massive list I made for the challenge where I just had to do one positive thing a day, but I’m going to aim for 3-5 instead. There are enough small and low effort things that I can still hit that number on bad days. 

I think that's a great approach - it's a good way to focus on doing positive things without getting overwhelmed. Good luck with it!

• Like 4

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

What a stupid fucking week. Capped off by today being a stupid day. Would have been a great day for driving and I 100% planned on doing so, but then I didn’t fall asleep til after 8 this morning and slept off and on until like 6pm despite multiple alarms going off. Dragged myself out to finish off the minimum requirement I had and then called it a night because I have some kind of crazy headache. My cheekbone hurts and there’s pressure behind my eye. I’m so mad because I was going to make a lot of money. Ugh. Hopefully the Tylenol I took kicks in soon and I can also get some sleep at a normal time tonight. 

also I was reading back my last post from last night and did no one notice this???

16 hours ago, fleaball said:

I think I uncovered a flea in my logic

Not sure if it was autocorrect or lack of sleep but I definitely meant “flaw.” Derp. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

On 1/19/2020 at 5:01 AM, fleaball said:

I think I uncovered a flea in my logic

Not sure if it was autocorrect or lack of sleep but I definitely meant “flaw.” Derp. 

100% didn't notice but this is amazing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Have you ever tried going driving at night instead of during the day?

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

9 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

100% didn't notice but this is amazing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Have you ever tried going driving at night instead of during the day?

I go out at night during the week because daytime driving in this area isn’t worth the hassle. I usually don’t complain about it here though bc nights can be inconsistent so it’s more “let’s see what I can get tonight” than “I *have* to get X.” Weekends and holidays are pretty solidly busy all the time so I try to go afternoon through to midnight or something and that’s when I make the bulk of my money. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

also I was reading back my last post from last night and did no one notice this

I saw that and spent a few minutes trying to figure out what you meant. I couldn't tell if it was some new slang or had some special meaning to you.   Very glad you cleared it up :D

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

For the record, I saw it and put it in the same place as "gremlins" as a Flea term and decided that maybe sometimes the fleas in the logic are what make Fleaball Fleaball..

That probably didn't make sense outside my head...  For what its worth, I like Fleaball and all the fleas in her logic.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 1/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The hair looks great. I remember the very first episode of the new Queer Eye "You Can't Fix Ugly" was about a guy with Rosacea. Jonathan said a green tinted concealer is good for dealing with Rosacea on the face. Then I found this link.

https://www.rosacea.org/patients/makeup-for-rosacea

I've watched this episode several times and still totally forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder! I did know that green concealer cancels out red but for some reason my brain decided that was more for hiding zits or something, not your entire fucking face. I checked out the link briefly and I'll do a little more research when my dermatologist appointment gets closer. I'm not terribly concerned about the redness and whatever else, but a quick google showed that unchecked rosacea can thicken skin and such, which is a whole lot of nope.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Your dad and my mom need to hang out. then they can ignore each other and let us get on with our lives. Sorry your Dad was a dork.

Part of me wants to see this happen, and part of me is terrified of what the outcome would be as they try to out-victim each other.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I saw that and spent a few minutes trying to figure out what you meant. I couldn't tell if it was some new slang or had some special meaning to you.   Very glad you cleared it up :D

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

For the record, I saw it and put it in the same place as "gremlins" as a Flea term and decided that maybe sometimes the fleas in the logic are what make Fleaball Fleaball..

That probably didn't make sense outside my head...  For what its worth, I like Fleaball and all the fleas in her logic.

giphy.gif

lmao y'all are hilarious. I guess it does kind of make sense for me.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I think we might finally kill them both if this happened.

I support this. At least on my end. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Help. I’m watching Nailed It! Germany on Netflix and fuck me I want to ignore all my Spanish progress on Duolingo and switch back to German immediately. Despite just looking at Harvard’s job postings because I really want to learn Irish. And ASL. #fleaproblems

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Also the guest judge in the first episode is super cute. #morefleaproblems

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Had my annual eye appointment today. No change in my vision, yay. Can't figure out why I get a headache when I wear my glasses though. Stupid body doing stupid things. 

Goal wise: yesterday I ate a freggie, did stuff on the to do list that never ends, and drank 100+ oz of water. Today I've eaten a whole fucking salad, did more to do list stuff, and will spend longer than 5 minutes cleaning after I'm done with this post. My entire list of possibilities is in the first post of the thread, I was just lazy and didn't want to format it. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi