• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nice pull ups! I like how you  keep your body nice and straight, and you do a good job at keeping your elbows in. You already said the one big thing I notice, and that is  that you need to go higher. Try and pull yourself all the way so that your chin is over the bar, then do a slow count to three and lower yourself down. Even if you do fewer reps, you will get more  results because you are going through the full range. 

Another thing to do is to do static holds. Hold yourself at the top range, where you chin is all the way over the bar, and build up how long you can hold, something like 20 -30 secs x 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geet786j said:

Yea, that's about ad high as I can go and I'm not sure how to get higher tho. Alls I feel the pull coming form my arms only too

Stand on a stool or bench, or just jump part of the way to give yourself momentum so that you can go higher. You could do a set of pull ups that way, and then a set where you just do like you are doing now.

Scapular pull ups are good for teaching yourself to engage your scaps. Also, I learned to do  pulling preps. Before each rep, I do a mini rep where I pull my shoulders down and bck

https://trainingforclimbing.com/the-best-exercise-youre-not-doing-the-scapular-pull-up/

• Like 1

In addition to @Elastigirl's very good advice, you may want to look at keeping your back in a hollow body position: https://www.fitstream.com/exercises/hollow-body-hold-a6051

At the moment you back looks like arched. That's not a big deal, but as you increase the number of reps your lower back may start to hurt in that position. Also you may have more control when you are tensing your abs to maintain a hollow body.

• Like 1