vgvTLZ7.gif

So... uhm... Life went kinda bonkers for a while there. I was resettling slowly into routines, getting stuff done, then...

...poof. OT nonstop for a while, long story very short there were some personnel changes at my job and I was at first, training a new person to work with me, then doing most of the work period because... people, then became the only person in my position  so trying to plan for things outside of work basically became impossible. 

Fast forward to now - I have a new person in the lab with me, who is so far doing fantastic, and while he's still in training now I'm starting to be able to take a step back and breathe again, I've been able to use my bullet journal again for things beyond just "write this down because otherwise it will get forgotten in 3 months when you have a moment to think again and look back." I'm able to plan ahead, at least a bit, cook meals (Mom got me an Instant Pot for Christmas that's been helping with that a lot!) and overall start working towards general self improvement instead of just having to double down on work itself. Don't get me wrong, the paycecks have been nice, but I have other priorities that I need to start looking after.

I won't hop into the middle of this current challenge, but I think I should be able to hop into the next one. I do think I'm going to have at least my first challenge spread between 2-3 5 week spreads though, because I'm going to be picking myself off the ground floor. Again. But hopefully things won't go as pear-shaped this time, and even if things start to derail I'll be able to readjust and continue rather than having to drop everything for what, 7 months again? 

• Like 4

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Look in forward to see you rock the next challenge!
Thanks!

I'm getting some trackers set for it, since my bullet journal is basically going anywhere I go hopefully keeping tracking info in there will help as well
35e646bef7b3af81563bb56518012413.jpg
Most of these I'm working on a bit coming up to to challenge as well, but the sleep thing is probably going to be the worst one for a few week because my body is currently adjusted to a late morning/late night schedule

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Thanks!

I'm getting some trackers set for it, since my bullet journal is basically going anywhere I go hopefully keeping tracking info in there will help as well
35e646bef7b3af81563bb56518012413.jpg
Most of these I'm working on a bit coming up to to challenge as well, but the sleep thing is probably going to be the worst one for a few week because my body is currently adjusted to a late morning/late night schedule

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nice! Love the sleep tracker!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Work is always that thing that sets (or largely effects) the tempo of the rest of my life. Now more than ever! I miss the days when I could just keep my head down and worry about me. If I stayed ahead of the "mission" goals I'd have a free hour every day to go to yoga or the gym during work. It's definitely not that easy anymore.

I wish you the best in finding (and maintaining) balance.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, "Jake" said:

Work is always that thing that sets (or largely effects) the tempo of the rest of my life. Now more than ever! I miss the days when I could just keep my head down and worry about me. If I stayed ahead of the "mission" goals I'd have a free hour every day to go to yoga or the gym during work. It's definitely not that easy anymore.

I wish you the best in finding (and maintaining) balance.

Thanks - It's definitely going to be a challenge

22 hours ago, "Jake" said:

I'm taking it slow. That time balancing thing has teamed up with with COVID-19 to make sure I don't get anything done.

Yeah... I've recently found myself stuck with a massive amount of time on my hands for two weeks, and stuck inside the house for that time frame. It's a tad surreal, but also beats risking getting someone else sick 🤷‍♀️ I hope you're staying well

• Like 1