• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ashleu W

Need some help

Hey guys can you please help me? I m trying to lose some weight and I was looking for a diet but there are so many I'm confused ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ... I have found a couple of different options that I think will suit me but don't know for sure.. ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘ย ย 
Any help will be appreciated thanks ๐Ÿ™
ย 

Hi Ashleu, the reason that there are so many 'diets' out there is because there are lots of different ways people like to eat! If you're looking for some general guidelines though:

ย 

- eat at or slightly below (10-15%) your TDEE with the activity set as sedentary

- aim for at least 4-6 servings of vegetables every day, along with 1-3 servings of fruit

- if possible try to consume at least 0.7-1g of protein for every lb of your bodyweight (1.6-2.2g/kg) each day

- it doesn't matter THAT much between carbs vs fat for the rest of your calories, just focus on the protein & veg, and try not to go over your TDEE

ย 

For some people they find it useful to do a 'food audit', or keeping a food journal for a week or two when they first start out - that helps to give you a better idea of what you're currently consuming, and where you have easy opportunities to improve. I'd recommend either weighing or measuring your food for this though, because it's quite difficult to get an accurate picture if we're just eyeballing portions when we first start out. Don't forget to include 'liquid calories' like pop, cream/sugar in your coffee, alcohol, etc.ย 

ย 

Also, I suspect that you actually want to lose FAT, not just 'weight'. To that end: the protein intake will certainly help preserve muscle while you're losing weight, but I'd also recommend adding some kind of resistance training to your routine. It doesn't have to be big weights or a gym or anything, there are routines you can do at home to get started.

ย 

Once you're more comfortable with getting in enough protein & veg at your TDEE, you'll be in a better position to explore some of the more complex diet protocols. But in general, and ESPECIALLY when you're first getting starting, it's best to keep it simple. :)

• Like 1