Top Secret NF 2020 Discussion Thread

Quote from Steve in an e-mail:

In 2020, we will launch at least one new project, one that encapsulates every part of Nerd Fitness from its inception until now. It’s kind of like our own Avengers initiative, in a way!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

What an exciting thread. Now we just need to figure out how to  blackmail, torture, bribe  kindly entice the guild leaders into talking

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

48 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

Stop turning me on, Tank.

tng-dejaq1.jpg?w=468

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Huh. I was thinking maybe they were bringing the shop back, but that doesn’t sound like a “new project.”

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:15 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The first half of the surprise can be gleaned from information available on the forums. The second half cannot.

So in theory, we should be able to figure out half of the surprise. Anyone have any thoughts on what this available information could be?

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Stop turning me on, Tank.

tumblr_n8590yNnR91r38kv3o1_250.gif

8 minutes ago, Ranger Hal said:

So in theory, we should be able to figure out half of the surprise. Anyone have any thoughts on what this available information could be?

tumblr_n8590yNnR91r38kv3o1_250.gif

That is a demonstration of the versatility of John de Lancie as an actor. You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I think we should begin by categorising all possible types of surprising that the universe can offer, then we can narrow it down from there. Here's an initial taxonomy:

Good surprises - gifts and free things, miracles of nature, pleasing new cultural offerings, a great creme brûlée that's not too small

Neutral surprises - I'm not really sure. Maybe when something you're looking at turns out to be something else? Like an illusion? 

Bad surprises - natural disasters, bodily injury and ailments, unwelcome guests, inquisitions, parties

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

6 minutes ago, Harriet said:

a great creme brûlée that's not too small

As long as we are talking about imaginary things, we might as well throw in a unicorn that delivers chocolate 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Huh. I was thinking maybe they were bringing the shop back, but that doesn’t sound like a “new project.”

Aww man, that'd be great. I wish they would bring it back a restock the original grey NF shirts. Mine have gone a bit threadbare over the last 8 years. 

• Like 1

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

1 hour ago, bigm141414 said:

Aww man, that'd be great. I wish they would bring it back a restock the original grey NF shirts. Mine have gone a bit threadbare over the last 8 years. 

They were looking for a new vendor so maybe they found one. 

I would LOVE a Tyrus & a NF shirt (please not red).

Edit: Ok, even if it's red 

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

Ooh, ooh wait! An Avengers initiative...Avengers assemble...CAMP NERD FITNESS!!!! 😮😮😮😮😲😲😲😲

Please, please, let it be! 'Cause if it's on the east coast I'm going if I have to drag my mom with me (full-time caregiver here). 

*deep breath* I know that's not exactly new, but I can hope!

EDIT: Tank said it's not camp. 😭😭😭

• Like 4

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

Ok. So not camp. *sniffle*

Some other way to bring us all together...online? Thoughts?

Well , we've done all guild mini challenges before, so that's not it. But maybe, some sort of level up on that idea. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Imagine me, clad in red spandex with the NF logo, struggling to deadlift 80 lb because I'm still a stick figure, the NF logo emblazoned on the weights, listening to music by NF. Then I stop and take a sip of my NF brand protein powder shake from my NF thermos, then drag my NF shopping cart over the hills releasing NF balloons from the cart and paying my dues as I continue the search for oh my god I've got the wrong NF don't I.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • That's Metal 5

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

anigif_enhanced-8208-1428497246-18.gif?d

umm... okay?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nope. Too freaky... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Wow 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

7 hours ago, Snickie said:

Imagine me, clad in red spandex with the NF logo, struggling to deadlift 80 lb because I'm still a stick figure, the NF logo emblazoned on the weights, listening to music by NF. Then I stop and take a sip of my NF brand protein powder shake from my NF thermos, then drag my NF shopping cart over the hills releasing NF balloons from the cart and paying my dues as I continue the search for oh my god I've got the wrong NF don't I.

You forgot the NF branded CBD oil

• Like 1

Half Ogre Ranger

Devourer of Pastries