Top Secret NF 2020 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Huh. I thought the updates ate the old challenges

Nah it only ate some challenge threads for some reason when we moved away from vbulletin. 

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

and that I predated them

The challenges have always been here. Waiting in the dark corners like some Eldritch horror...Oh gods what has Steve unleashed upon us! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh my gods. Were those my first challenges? I actually remember them. I had so much more energy at 43 than I do at 51.
Aw, little Slothgirl and Slothboy [emoji7]
  • Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

So,I notice in the first challenges, there was this guy named Steve. What are they chances of bringing him back from the dead?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 1/25/2020 at 8:26 PM, bigm141414 said:

WE RISE! WE COME FOR YOUR GAAAAAAAAAAINS!!!! 

hF65D4609

• Haha 5

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

On 1/21/2020 at 1:38 AM, sarakingdom said:

tumblr_n8590yNnR91r38kv3o1_250.gif

Okay, archiving this for futur use!

On 1/21/2020 at 4:31 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Normally I'm going to let speculation run wild, but it's not camp. There are no plans in the works for another camp. 😥

Thank god, this will save me a conversation with the SO that i know i won't win!

• Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

So,I notice in the first challenges, there was this guy named Steve. What are they chances of bringing him back from the dead?

While I am attempting to remain mysterious and completely emotionless at all of these suggestions, I can't resist saying this would be SERIOUSLY awesome.  :D  Do you wanna be a guild leader???

• Like 5

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On 1/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

On that note (and just to mess with @Rurik HarrgathHarrgath) here's another hint from me:

Hahahahaha it's so true and yet no one really gets the reference.  B)

• Haha 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

On 1/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, Harriet said:

I think we should begin by categorising all possible types of surprising that the universe can offer, then we can narrow it down from there. Here's an initial taxonomy:

a great creme brûlée that's not too small

Why IS creme brûlée always so small? I demand an investigation

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

31 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Why IS creme brûlée always so small? I demand an investigation

I have two three hypotheses:

1. They're fancy, and size correlates negatively with fanciness. 
2. The ideal ratio of custard to brulee requires a shallow dish. A deep dish requires a high custard to brulee ratio OR brulee that is too thick. shallow dishes of mighty diameter are disallowed because of 1.

3. The powers that be want us to feel a constant slight dissatisfaction; a diffuse yet persistent ache that drives us to work hard in order to earn money and spend it to power the merciless wheels of capitalism and corporate power while trying to fill the under-bruleed voids in our hearts. 

Solution: order three creme brulees. Eat all while making aggressive eye contact with the waiters, other diners, and your husband to ensure no one a) comments or b) tries to take your brulees.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • That's Metal 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

Solution: order three creme brulees. Eat all while making aggressive eye contact with the waiters, other diners, and your husband to ensure no one a) comments or b) tries to take your brulees.  

4F88554D-F783-4C7F-8E01-F2952F7B821B.jpeg

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Alternate solution: buy a blowtorch.  Make your own dang brulee.  Then you have creme brulee and also have the means to quickly set things on fire.

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:34 PM, Harriet said:

3. The powers that be want us to feel a constant slight dissatisfaction; a diffuse yet persistent ache that drives us to work hard in order to earn money and spend it to power the merciless wheels of capitalism and corporate power while trying to fill the under-bruleed voids in our hearts.

20 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Alternate solution: buy a blowtorch.  Make your own dang brulee.  Then you have creme brulee and also have the means to quickly set things on fire.

These seem related to me. 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

The cat is out of the bag. I made an announcement that details everything, you should see it as a red banner with the title "What we've been hinting at" at the top of the page. Props to @Elastigirl for guessing correctly. You win a sense of pride and accomplishment ;) 

Some of you came up with some great ideas, if I'm ever stuck for new ideas for the forums I'll just pretend we are going to release something then pick the best guesses.

I do apologize if we oversold the announcement, but I wanted to generate some hype.

• Like 14

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The cat is out of the bag. I made an announcement that details everything, you should see it as a red banner with the title "What we've been hinting at" at the top of the page. Props to @Elastigirl for guessing correctly. You win a sense of pride and accomplishment ;) 

Some of you came up with some great ideas, if I'm ever stuck for new ideas for the forums I'll just pretend we are going to release something then pick the best guesses.

I do apologize if we oversold the announcement, but I wanted to generate some hype.

That is awesome! I'm super excited that Steve is going to be challenging with us. That wasn't so much a guess as something  I just thought would be cool, so I'm pumped. Also looking forward to writing up my challenge that includes a look back.NF has meant a lot to me, and it's fun to look back and see all the changes

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27