• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

fitnessgurl

Top Secret NF 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I'd love for a tighter integration between the forums and the academy. If that was possible, what would you like to see?

 

Problem there is that most people here don't pay for the Academy, and could feel like second class citizens of a sort.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, nianjufe said:

Man looking back will be SO challenging in itself I mean I have what..... 2 whole challenges?!

Oh geez, I understand this.  Phew, looking back over my whole 9 is gonna be rough. 🤣

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh my gods. Were those my first challenges? I actually remember them.

There are lots of old names in those threads. Some very cool nerds. Made me go back to find my first challenge. (#22) Names I haven't seen around the forums in a long time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Problem there is that most people here don't pay for the Academy, and could feel like second class citizens of a sort.

 

Yeah, that might be true. I guess most Academy members might hang out on Facebook in the members-only group there...

 

But still, if you could humor me, do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Yeah, that might be true. I guess most Academy members might hang out on Facebook in the members-only group there...

That's only because they don't know how awesome this group is.  The FB group is pretty useful, but this group is amazing for me.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chesire said:

That's only because they don't know how awesome this group is.  The FB group is pretty useful, but this group is amazing for me.  

 

Yeah, well, of course I agree. But I think we might be a little bit biased, no? :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, Tobbe said:

I'd love for a tighter integration between the forums and the academy. If that was possible, what would you like to see?

 

Hum.  Shared forums instead of separate?  When I was actively doing the academy lessons, I kinda dropped off here because there's only so much bandwidth and time.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

 

Hum.  Shared forums instead of separate?  When I was actively doing the academy lessons, I kinda dropped off here because there's only so much bandwidth and time.  

 

Ehh, what? There are other forums as well?

(Or is that perhaps something that has since been replaced by the Facebook groups?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 5:20 AM, Tobbe said:

I'd love for a tighter integration between the forums and the academy. If that was possible, what would you like to see?

 

Oh man, I hadn't put a foot in the academy in forever!

 

Linking the character sheet (I believe those are free?) on the forum profile?

Other than that, I'd mainly see more links in the Academy linking to the forum (guilds, mainly, for quests accountability, which would make us share our quests more and let other people try them even without paying the registration fee (which could then be a bad thing for NF's business model though I doubt the Academy, with its one time fee - enjoy forever policy is what allows the NF team to go on)).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jean said:

 

Oh man, I hadn't put a foot in the academy in forever!

 

Linking the character sheet (I believe those are free?) on the forum profile?

Other than that, I'd mainly see more links in the Academy linking to the forum (guilds, mainly, for quests accountability, which would make us share our quests more and let other people try them even without paying the registration fee (which could then be a bad thing for NF's business model though I doubt the Academy, with its one time fee - enjoy forever policy is what allows the NF team to go on)).

That would be cool if the character sheets linked to the forum. I like the character sheets, but don't really use it since being it's own thing, I usually just forget all about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

That would be cool if the character sheets linked to the forum. I like the character sheets, but don't really use it since being it's own thing, I usually just forget all about it.

I think they use two different sets of software.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think they use two different sets of software.

Can't the computer programmers or somebody just wave their magic wands and make it happen?😃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jean said:

Oh man, I hadn't put a foot in the academy in forever!

 

Me too. That's one reason connecting it to the forum more somehow might be a good idea, for me at least :) 

 

11 hours ago, Jean said:

Linking the character sheet (I believe those are free?) on the forum profile?

 

On here? Where/how more exactly did you have in mind? Putting a link in "About Jean" or "Class" in the left meny is the easier option. Or did you have something more elaborate in mind?

 

screencapture-rebellion-nerdfitness-index-php-2020-02-09-14_35_32.thumb.png.0802a615727abaf256c8c45967a3a3f5.png

 

11 hours ago, Jean said:

Other than that, I'd mainly see more links in the Academy linking to the forum (guilds, mainly, for quests accountability, which would make us share our quests more and let other people try them even without paying the registration fee (which could then be a bad thing for NF's business model though I doubt the Academy, with its one time fee - enjoy forever policy is what allows the NF team to go on)).

 

Creating quests for others to try to complete sounds awesome! Kind of a little similar to our PvP challenges?

Connecting our Academy character quests to our forum Five Week Challenges would also be really cool, but, even putting aside all the technical challenges, I'm not sure what the best way to do that would be. Any ideas?

 

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That would be cool if the character sheets linked to the forum. I like the character sheets, but don't really use it since being it's own thing, I usually just forget all about it.

 

Are you talking about the same thing Jean is talking about, or did you mean the other way around? If so, where on the forum should it link to? Your daily battle log? Your current challenge? Your forum profile page? Something else?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tobbe said:

re you talking about the same thing Jean is talking about, or did you mean the other way around? If so, where on the forum should it link to? Your daily battle log? Your current challenge? Your forum profile page? Something else?

 

 

Yes the same one. So, are you saying that you think you could put  a link to that in our about me setting? That would be amazing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yes the same one. So, are you saying that you think you could put  a link to that in our about me setting? That would be amazing.

 

Yeah, shouldn't be too hard. I'll do it like I did for the reputation points

 

The biggest problem is that I have no way of knowing if a member here on the forum is also a member of the Academy. And even if I did, I still have no way of knowing the url to their Academy profile, it's just a random character number.

 

Someone who worked for NF could probably run a match on academy member emails and forum member emails, but even so, what's to say you used the same email to sign up for the forums and the academy?

 

So the only way to make it work is probably an opt-in kind of thing where I ask anyone who installs my userscript to provide their Academy character URL. 

Asking for input like that in a userscript, and storing it somewhere, is nothing I've ever done before. So it'd be a fun learning experience, and I'd love to do it :)  I'd just like to know that more than like three of us would actually use it :) And to make more people want to use it, I want to provide more features from the get go. Hence my ask for ideas :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.