Weight-lifting shoes?

What do people wear for weight lifting shoes and/or for CrossFit?  I've been wearing my running shoes, but they seem to encourage me to put my weight forward when I'm lifting.   

Jed'aii Ranger

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

What do people wear for weight lifting shoes and/or for CrossFit?  I've been wearing my running shoes, but they seem to encourage me to put my weight forward when I'm lifting.   

I wear chucks when deadlifting and proper squat shoes with a slightly lifted heel for squats. Anything with a flat, hard sole that doesn't compress is okay. I think some vans have such a sole but I don't know which other brands do. The lifted heel on the squat shoes can be useful for squatting if you have limited ankle mobility, but it's not necessary.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Converse sneakers or any of it's ripoff. Yet I too find bare feet superior for squats (my only type of weight-lifting). 

Running shoes (mostly) have cushioned sole under the heel to act like shock absorber. 

On 1/22/2020 at 3:49 AM, Harriet said:

sole that doesn't compress is okay

So running shoes aren't.

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Adidas Yeezy is suitable for any gym occupation. In the beginning, I was going to the gym in a pair of Nike SB. They were good, but my feet were tired and hurting after running. My wife knew that I was having such discomfort, so she bought me a pair of Adidas Yeezy on our anniversary. These shoes are perfect for the gym. They are light on the foot and comfortable, so I don't feel discomfort after a long training at the gym. Most of all, I like that it is easier to run in them so that I can develop my cardio system better.

• Like 1

I ended up getting Nike Air Max Bella TRs.  Pretty flat and stiff sole with just a bit of lift in the heel.  They've been helping my lifts and avoiding foot cramps.  

• Like 1

Jed'aii Ranger

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

I prefer lightweight sneakers for weightlifting and exercise. I usually buy Adidas, Puma, or New Balance. I have several pairs for gym and outdoor workouts, which I change from time to time. I don't really care about the design; comfort is what I'm looking for. However, I prefer monochrome designs without prints. Sometimes I look through the reviews to see how good some particular model is. Recently I've read an interesting review of ultraboost shoes mens, which has a lot of useful information. It may help you choose what weight-lifting shoes might work best for you.