Well, perhaps not "Overlord" in the strictest sense, but I've found that there's a great deal of power in the idea of being strong enough to be a lord or lady in a position of authority. As my gamertag of many years, I feel that it suits me well. (I reserve the right to change this username, just in case.)

Why in the world does a female choose to call herself "Overlord"? Perhaps she's just a fan of Overlord as a game? Or was that just a coincidence?! Or was she inspired by the now famed 'Overlord List'? What about the Manga? Anime? The recent WW2 thriller?

For me, it was a coincidence. e0verlord, or, the Eternal Overlord, fancied herself as powerful and capable, just as she felt herself to be in many of the different games she played. Yes, indeed. I enjoy titles of power. I enjoy games that allow me to build on strength, power, cunning, and on which I can direct and organize people. In a way, it's playing on the fantasy that I love so much. 

I was more active when I was younger, partly because of the insistence of my parents, and facilitated best by a YMCA membership. I have earned up to a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do in middle school and early high school. I have done a Couch to 5k style program called "Zombies Run 5k" a few times over the past few years, and have noticed that my times are slowly going down. (YAY!)

In more recent years, I've become more and more aware of how stagnant my life really is. I rarely went out through high school, or through college, and I have a lot of skills to learn if I want to enjoy my life and realize the full capacity and strength of my body. I have enough experiences that have hurt me, and that I have neither recovered from or fully processed. Processing and moving beyond these things is and will be the goal and purpose of the upcoming years. It is my intention to conquer these challenges, master my body and the care of it, further understand myself, and attain all the excitement of a life well lived. 

So naturally, as a nerd of fiction, science fiction, video games, books, and lore both real and imagined, I was naturally drawn to the phenomena and the marvel that is NerdFitness. Turn my life into a game? Use the concept of gamification to transform my fantasies into memories and experiences? 

How extremely fitting, I thought to myself. Because people have the capacity to change, to grow, to decide for themselves what they focus on, surely there exists the possibilities and potential for the growth and freedom that I desire. But is it possible to be everything I enjoy in the games I play? First person shooters? The roleplaying games? The crafting capacity? The strength? 

It is easy to imagine the experience, as I have done through thousands of hours in daydreams, through millions of words in stories and self-made fiction, and in my drawings and sketches. Fantasy is a wonderful escape. But are these things possible to me? Are these experiences I can have? Goals I can achieve? Can I be everything I imagine myself to be in stories, dreams, and games? If so....

What an intriguing possibility..! And suppose this does help me overcome my fears. Suppose I can reach out to those that have gathered here. Suppose, then, that I can find my place and where I want to go. I have taken risks before. This seems a risk that will result in fewer injuries to my soul.

Hello world. I'm here. 

D_6c6401_6245034.jpg

• Like 2

Gamertag: e0verlord || Alter Ego: Rehua Syraha: The Conquering Star
Half-Elf (Star)

Str: 8 || Int: 15 || Wis: 15 || Dex: 13 || Con: 14 || Chr: 18
Challenges: {|| 1 | 2 | 3 ||}

9 hours ago, e0verlord said:

Hello world. I'm here. 

Hello Overlord!

Yes, indeed. I enjoy titles of power.

Power is a beautiful thing. Mastery over ourselves in particular.

Processing and moving beyond these things is and will be the goal and purpose of the upcoming years. It is my intention to conquer these challenges, master my body and the care of it, further understand myself, and attain all the excitement of a life well lived. 

Excellent. Best of luck. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru