The crystal broke from the violence. The deceptive tranquility had been destroyed in the tumult. Surrounded on all sides by battle cries, the screams, the collisions of weapons, of swords against shields, arrows into flesh, and louder weapons still rebounded forcefully off the stone walls. It was disorienting for the one who fought free of the crystal. Years of sedentary submission had left her dazed. But the skirmish in the throne room grew more riotous by the moment. Another desperate push was being made. As her eyes began to adapt again to receiving light, she saw the gleam of light on axes, daggers lancing through the air, the flash of firelight on shields, and shadows of bodies in motion. The snap of bowstrings joined the shouts and cries. 

"Miss?" A stranger's voice. "Hey, we need to move!" 

She forced her muscles to move. How long had they been stagnant? How long had she gone without the warmth of sunlight? Rain on her skin? She reached out for the voice that sounded close and that encouraged her action. She felt the support of hands bringing her to her feet. How long had she been without interaction from others? How long had she gone without support? 

"Who are you?"

"Rehua... Rehua Syraha."

-- -- -- -- --

And so... we start at the top. 
Hello world, I'm Erin, but will happily respond to either my given name, gamertag, or my alter ego's name. I'm a gamer of over a decade, I have explored outer space, the bottom of the ocean, alien and fantastic places, interacted with a myriad of creatures and people, and all from the comfort of a chair near a console or my computer, if not from the pages of a book. My hobbies include writing, drawing, crafting, and daydreaming.  With aspirations of getting my first book off the ground, I soak up everything I can about writing and fantasy almost through osmosis. I could probably talk about writing, fantasy, armor or weaponcraft, or ponder "what if" questions for days. I find that when I can fantasize/novelize my experiences, such as the written blurb you see above, I can throw myself into the gamification of my activities a little more easily. Besides, something about imagining it makes it just a bit more fun.

Incidentally, I'm just as happy to talk story in this way for other's stories, if they want to either craft their own stories or join mine.

And now, down to business, shall we?

Main Goal:

I'm here to get myself moving again. I want to be up and about more often than naught, especially if I can help it. Because a recent change in my life through most of my plans off kilter, I'm planning on nudging my live back into balance.  I'm hoping to attain another job, to establish a habit of going out for a walk every day (hopefully a little bit longer every day), and bring balance to my diet.In other words, my main goal is to bring my life back under healthy control. 

Fitness: 

• Ten to Fifteen Minutes of Walking - Whether on treadmill or out and about the neighborhood, something that would desperately be important to someone who just recently was broken out of stasis or hibernation is to begin all efforts to get them functional again. Walking, as a basic human function, is considered the healthiest thing a person can do. If they can do this well, then they are in decent shape. Of course, from such a point, one can build other strengths. As for when I'll be walking, I want to be able to do this in the early afternoon, probably around lunch time. 

Diet:

• Avoid drinking sugary drinks, such as sodas or juice.] Replace these drinks with water or tea. 
  • Eat one fruit or vegetable with every meal. (Fruit or vegetable in question should be mostly unprocessed. Light cooking is acceptable for vegetables like potatoes and yams.)

LevelUpYourLife: 

• Meditate five to ten minutes daily. - The main purpose of this meditation is to clear my head, or to practice keeping my attention focused on a certain point. For this particular kind of meditation, I'll be focusing on my breathing. What part of my breathing? The sensation of breathing as I feel it through my body. 

Well.... I'll be checking in here, with my subgoal of logging in and reporting my progress in the evening before my evening bedtime rituals. Wish me luck. (I'll accept all forms of support.) Thanks for reading! See you on the field.

• Like 1

Gamertag: e0verlord || Alter Ego: Rehua Syraha: The Conquering Star
Half-Elf (Star)

Str: 8 || Int: 15 || Wis: 15 || Dex: 13 || Con: 14 || Chr: 18
Challenges: {|| 1 | 2 | 3 ||}

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Love that you started with a  fun  narrative. Great goals too!

I love narratives. I dream in narrative. Seemed fitting to add some here, as that seems the basis of making anything in our lives a game. :]

Thank you! I have hopes for these goals. 

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Day One: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (Ended up being about twenty minutes today!)

Diet:

X  Avoid Sugary Drinks ((Had sweet tea. Only one, but.... I didn't entirely avoid it.)) I will give myself partial credit for having kept every other drink I had limited to water or tea that wasn't sweetened.
    ✓ Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Banana with my late breakfast. Had a chow mein that had vegetables in the ingredients. Rice and Vegetable-gyoza for dinner.) 

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (A few minutes, me, a timer, and the sound of running water. It was quite pleasant.)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Day Two: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (17 minutes around my neighborhood.)

Diet:

Avoid Sugary Drinks (Drank water and unsweetened tea brewed at home. I did it!)
    ✓ Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Baked potato with a vegetarian chili and cheese for lunch. Another baked potato was dinner.) [Considering adding more variety to my meal. And perhaps lessening my intake of candies and chocolates...]

Leveling: 
     X 5-10 minute meditation. (Unfortunately, this did not happen Thursday.)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Day Three: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (About ten minutes on a treadmill.)

Diet:

Avoid Sugary Drinks (All but one. Caved to 8 oz of sparkling white grape cider.)
    X Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Refried bean + cheese burrito, banana; beef patty and cheese with pepper, another banana. Will need more vegetables in my day.)

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (A few moments in the morning. It was nice to clear my head of... unhelpful thoughts.)

And so much wind was outside. 

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Day Four: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (About ten minutes on a treadmill.)
Also went to my martial arts class today. It's so nice to be able to have that time in motion. 

Diet:

X  Avoid Sugary Drinks  (Caved to a Dr.Pepper with a meal at lunch and after my martial arts class. I should avoid driving by fast food after class.)
    ✓ Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Egg Salad Sandwich & Banana; Wendy's 4x4 deal {including the veggie toppings}; Fruit, Veggie, and TurkeyMeat Pasta.)

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (I was able to spend a few moments in calm meditation before reading.)

Notes:

At the conclusion of this first week, I notice that one of my bigger challenges remains avoiding the sugary drinks. I will continue that challenge, but perhaps double down on it by giving myself a method to track the good I do with it. If I keep a water bottle on hand, I can avoid getting dehydrated, and therefore avoid the urge to get something while I am out. For my vegetables and fruits with meals, I can accomplish this more consistently if I eat at home or prepare my meals at home. 

New Goal: Prioritize Home-Prep

• Like 2

Half-Elf (Star)

Day Five: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (About ten minutes on a treadmill.) I didn't leave the house, but also didn't have the desire to.

Diet:

Avoid Sugary Drinks  (Sunday at home. MUCH easier to avoid sweet drinks today.)
    ✓ Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Beef Patty, Poached Egg, water, banana, home-made fries; home-made veggie stir-fry.)

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (A few moments in the evening, before reading, and then before bed. After the Superbowl.)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Day Six: Daily report.

Fitness:
   ✓  10-15 minute walk. (A half hour out and about the town. Chilly, but overall sunny day here. So nice to feel the sun.)

Diet:

Avoid Sugary Drinks  (Enjoyed lunch with my brother. Water and tea!)
    ✓ Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Meal 1, Salad. Meal 2 Bananas! One large brunch and a smaller dinner.)

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (A few moments in the evening, before a few minutes with my book and bedtime. A guided visual meditation this time, from youtube.)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

9 hours ago, e0verlord said:

Thank you for your support!

@Elastigirl &

@Harriet !

I appreciate you both very much. It helps keep me on track to know that someone sees these. :]

I am summoned! Oooh, it looks like you've got mostly ticks on those goals. Good job! And you're doing martial arts, sweet. What kind?

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

I am summoned! Oooh, it looks like you've got mostly ticks on those goals. Good job! And you're doing martial arts, sweet. What kind?

One of my goals is to have mostly successes over this week and to the end of this challenge.

Thank you for asking! I do Iaido. One can think of it as meditation with a sword. 
Spiritual successor to kendo, when katana were useful in combat, and sometimes needed to be immediately drawn in self defense when a warrior was outside of his armor. One's partner/opponent is themselves.

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

2 hours ago, e0verlord said:

Thank you for asking! I do Iaido. One can think of it as meditation with a sword. 
Spiritual successor to kendo, when katana were useful in combat, and sometimes needed to be immediately drawn in self defense when a warrior was outside of his armor. One's partner/opponent is themselves.

Sweet! I highly approve of anything with a sword! 

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Day Seven: Daily report.

Fitness:
   X  10-15 minute walk. (Didn't quite get to it today. While I was up and about doing some chores, I didn't quite leave the house or tend to the treadmill.)

Diet:

Avoid Sugary Drinks  (Water for the large part of today. Tea with my evening meal.)
    Eat one fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal. (Meal 1: Banana. Meal 2 was more of a series of snacks. Will have to be more careful about what I decide to munch on.)

Leveling: 
      5-10 minute meditation. (I managed to set time aside with a friend of mine who also meditates. We spent about twenty minutes meditating, and then afterwards, we debriefed and talked about what we experienced. We enjoy practicing visualization-style meditations. A lot of exciting and wonderful things can be experienced when a person opens their minds to the creative expanses a mind can go.)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)

Having been away from writing my report here, I'll write the summary of the past few days instead. 

Log Number Eight

Fitness:

✓✓ 10-15 minute walks. (Was out of the house for one day, and was able to get out and walk, whether out to a store, or just to go around a block in my neighborhood. I'm finding more paths I enjoy taking, and might use if I go back into 5k training.)

Diet: 
     X✓ Avoid Sugary Drinks (Across the two days, I had a few sugary drinks. I'm surprised at how much willpower it can take to drive past a McDonalds on my way home from my Iaido Class.)

✓X Eat One Fruit or Vegetable with Every Meal (With most of my meals, I enjoyed all the vegetables that join it. Unfortunately, I have been picking up more chocolate and candies lately. I feel I'm subverting my efforts by doing this. Though, as I figure... sugary drinks allow me to take in SO much more sugar and faster than foodthings.... so it's better to focus on the drinks first.... I should try to add in more vegetables and fruits.)

Leveling:

✓✓ Meditate 5-10 Minutes (Setting aside some time for meditating with my friends and meditating alone has helped me spend the time to mentally unplug an slowly rebuild my sense of self.)

More yet to do. More yet to do. :)

• Like 1

Half-Elf (Star)