• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Fake it Til you Make it

On 2/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, starsapart said:

Except I work from home and my child's hands are perpetually sticky and grabbing at everything I wear, so it just feels like too much work to put on real pants that are going to be covered in yogurt by the end of the day... 😂

But you've reminded me how much I miss @Amdhiel

Haha fair.

I will hug her for you next time I see her!!!!

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That's very intriguing! I can't really imagine how it would help self confidence, but I'll be here to find out more. 

49 minutes ago, starsapart said:

Not sure about @miss_marissa's logic, but I know that there's a psychological trick we play on ourselves where things that we see often become more "attractive" to us, so if you're taking frequent photos of yourself and seeing those, you actually become more positive about your own appearance! One of the reasons people think they look terrible in photos is they only see themselves in mirrors. Since our faces aren't symmetrical, photos seem jarring because everything is just a little "off" to what you expect to see...

I have no idea why, but all I can say is that I found it true. and @RedStone did too so 🤷‍♀️

Part of it is also learning how to take a good photo of yourself? Which helps you like looking at yourself in photos more... lol like learning things like angles and how to not cover up your face w/ the phone etc. Also for me helped to just in general put myself together more when I knew I was posting a photo to the world. Maybe if you present yourself with confidence and poise, you'll eventually start to be confident and poised? "fake it til you make it" :D 

Y'all. New program and I am SOOO👏 SORE👏 in the hamstrings. It's awesome. Did a lot of sandbag fun :) 

Happy Galentines Day!

tenor.gif?itemid=6099985

Zero week goals check in

GOAL #1: SELFIE CHALLENGE

see next post

GOAL#2: MOBILITY/FLEXIBILITY

I did some stretching and foam rolling of the aforementioned hamstrings this morning :) 

GOAL#3: KEEP READING MORE BOOKS

Currently reading:

• Becoming by Michelle Obama
  • Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty (Book Club)
  • The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't know what I like better, how happy the smile is or the sass in the hand placement on the hip.

I believe the answer is Yes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:
4 hours ago, starsapart said:

Not sure about @miss_marissa's logic, but I know that there's a psychological trick we play on ourselves where things that we see often become more "attractive" to us, so if you're taking frequent photos of yourself and seeing those, you actually become more positive about your own appearance! One of the reasons people think they look terrible in photos is they only see themselves in mirrors. Since our faces aren't symmetrical, photos seem jarring because everything is just a little "off" to what you expect to see...

I have no idea why, but all I can say is that I found it true. and @RedStone did too so 🤷‍♀️

Part of it is also learning how to take a good photo of yourself? Which helps you like looking at yourself in photos more... lol like learning things like angles and how to not cover up your face w/ the phone etc. Also for me helped to just in general put myself together more when I knew I was posting a photo to the world. Maybe if you present yourself with confidence and poise, you'll eventually start to be confident and poised? "fake it til you make it" :D 

That's all kinds of awesome. 

• That's Metal 1

8 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

February 13

Gorgeous! How do you stop the phone from distorting the picture? Mine seems to enlarge and bring forward whatever is centre-most in the picture.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

3183207dc89035c7aa3bd266962fef8c.jpg

Look at this! ❤️ Is that @RisenPhoenix too?!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't know what I like better, how happy the smile is or the sass in the hand placement on the hip.

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

I believe the answer is Yes.

22 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So much sass.

Forever sass.

18 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

Here for sassy pictures and NF nostalgia

Welcome :) 

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

Gorgeous! How do you stop the phone from distorting the picture? Mine seems to enlarge and bring forward whatever is centre-most in the picture.

I can't say I have experience this? Maybe play around with the settings on your phone? This is taken in a mirror, so idk how that affects this.

A bit of foam rolling after today's workout. Which was excellent by the way! I think they really nailed it with this month's programming. Today had sandbag cleans, bb deadlifts, chest press, KB swings, and sled pull/pushes. Gonna be a strong bitch.

I read 2 chapters of Becoming last night and another chapter of the romance novel during lunch. I also opened facebook for a very specific reason, did the thing, and then ended up scrolling for about 10 minutes. Caught myself, so it could have been worse, but still I didn't feel good about it.

• Like 7

On 2/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

3183207dc89035c7aa3bd266962fef8c.jpg

Oh my gooodness!! I forgot about this picture. Camp feels. ❤️  

Also I'm here to cheer you on, in RL and forums!! ❤️

• Like 4

On 2/18/2020 at 11:52 AM, miss_marissa said:

Been having a hard time accessing forums the past few days. Just noting I'm here, will have a proper update at some point

Hope the issues accessing the forums aren't too bad still......know we are all pushing for you and waiting for more sassy selfies!!!

• Like 1

MY "off" gym days are M, W and weekends. I haven't developed a routine, but M & W I've done some sort of stretching and foam rolling in the mornings. and weekends I've done it at some point throughout the day.

I've been not as great on abstaining from TV entirely, but it's still GREATLY reduced from what it was 2 months ago. Since my last post I've finished Six Wakes and The Governess Affair and I'm a few chapters deeper into Becoming. I've also read The Nib Animals issue (so good! covers and sections by Lisa Hanawalt 😍) and Scott Pilgrim Volume 3. 

Other things:

• went shopping and bought 2 on clearance winter jackets and 2 blazers for $110
  • caused me to start planning my spring capsule wardrobe - I've identified pieces I need to procure
  • took my car to the shop for an oil change which I am notoriously bad at doing! go me!
  • had fun at a friends house Friday night playing Rock Band
  • Had an all day volunteer thing with the sorority last Saturday, also been putting out a lot of fires on that front which has been time consuming
  • haven't had any headaches!
  • J and I are probably going to c2e2 for the day Saturday! If anyone else plans to be there let me know
  • Tried the new pretzel pop tarts. Grading on integers from 1-10, 10 being the best. I give the chocolate pretzel a 4 and the cinnamon sugar pretzel a 7.
  • need to do my taxes still
  • I saw Birds of Prey and I LOVED IT SO MUCH. As a HQ super fan it was perfect ❤️ 
  • also need to write 3 letters of recommendation by Sunday
  • I am grateful for my friends - including my nerds

On 2/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, starsapart said:

You look so nice! That blouse is an awesome color on you. Love the confidence.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:54 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm loving that haircut on you.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, Harriet said:

Looking good! Love the colour of the shirt (marigold?)

On 2/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, KB Girl said:

You look amazing :)

Hope the talk went well!

On 2/18/2020 at 2:19 PM, raptron said:

I am very pro-selfie and pro-Miss Marissa! 

On 2/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

I'm late, but LOVE that mustard yellow color on you and the face as you flash your jacket lining!

Thank you all!!! ❤️ 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, Chris Tarly said:

Hey. Remember those two times you met Curl Brogo? Wasn't that awesome?

IT WAS AWESOME!!! I was cleaning out photos on my phone the other day looking for something specific and came across one of us :) 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, bigm141414 said:

Man I really need to find a tailor so they can replace the boring linings of my jackets with something fun like you got going on. 

Yasss do it. I bought this at fun.com but looks like they only have women's blazers

On 2/15/2020 at 5:50 PM, Haikoo said:

Oh my gooodness!! I forgot about this picture. Camp feels. ❤️  

Also I'm here to cheer you on, in RL and forums!! ❤️

I feel like I haven't seen you in a bajillion years, even though it's only been like 2 weeks lol

On 2/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, mitch_dee said:

Hope the issues accessing the forums aren't too bad still......know we are all pushing for you and waiting for more sassy selfies!!!

IT troubles are the WORST

So.... I can't access tapatalk at all.  I can access forums on my phone on browser and on my home computer. I can't access on my work computer from work, but if I take my work computer home and VPN in, I can access just fine. So this makes me think there is some sort of network blocky thing going on. Probably on my employers end? Can get to the homepage, but when I try to click anything further I get a gateway timeout. Soooo that's fun? So I guess less updates from me then because my go to was to update either on my lunch or before I started my day. I'll try to update at least 2x/week tho.

• Like 7

Definitely sounds like some form of content filtering. What's fascinating is it doesn't apply over the VPN... someone in IT cut some corners. 😋 We'll be happy to hear from you regardless of frequency, though! It sounds like you're killing it out there.

• Like 1