[Hazard] -- 2020 Battle Blog

25 April 2020

I weighed in at 219 lbs (99.3 kg) today.  This is the heaviest I've been in my entire life.  

But, I'm comfortably wearing my belt three notches smaller than I was at New Years. :).  And, after a year of slooooowly grinding my way back up to my old strength levels, I'm finally hitting new lifetime PRs again.

💪🤙 🤜 

Today's workout summary:

rjjyQk0.png

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

1 hour ago, Hazard said:

I weighed in at 219 lbs (99.3 kg) today.  This is the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life.  

But, I'm comfortably wearing my belt three notches smaller than I was at New Years

That's the dream man, well done.

• Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's the dream man, well done.

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Lifetime PRs and a smaller belly is pretty amazing. Nice job.

Thank you, too.   I won't be modeling for Beach Abz Magazine (TM) anytime soon, but things are headed a good direction.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

2 hours ago, PaulG said:

Log looks good! So you ARE using a split, haha.

Yeah, I've been using my own 8-day split training rotation for a while now.  Overview looks like this:

• chest
  • legs
  • back
    • off
  • shoulders
  • deadlift
  • arms
    • off

2 hours ago, PaulG said:

Does it work better for around the child-rearing stuff, spreading the work out a little more?

It's actually set up this way for my body's recovery needs. 

While my muscles are generally good-to-go again between 1-3 days (depending on which muscles we're talking about) after a strength-training workout, I've learned from harsh experience that some of my connective tissues/joints need a minimum of 4-5 days recovery before being worked directly at strength training intensity again. 

Particularly my shoulders. 

My rotation came about after I sat down one night and put thought into creating a routine for myself that would give me exactly 4 days of recovery between any form of bench pressing and any form of overhead pressing, and also have me squatting roughly once a week.  The end result when I mapped it out was this 8-day split containing two 3-on-1-off microcycles.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Ah, so this is where you are.  Keep seeing your IG updates but wasn't seeing them go up anywhere in the challenges.  Following along now

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11