• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Ten Years Gone: Tanktimus Rangers the Forum Challenge 10th anniversary

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our prayers are just as effective when we offer them outside the room as they are when we are inside the room, so there's no reason to either expose ourselves to risk or to use up protective gear.

Please stay safe, and wash your hands ;) 

 

My daughter in law is having issues finding diapers and wipes in her area too...Amazon did have some I was able to have sent to her. Such uncertain times we live in.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deftona said:

You got it! Didn't you live over here for a while though?

 

One of your cranky neighboring countries, anyway. Let's just say I'm also up to speed on pronouncing names like Grainne and Roisin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deftona said:

 

 

You got it! Didn't you live over here for a while though?

 

I hope you guys stay safe Tank. 

Same to you.

7 hours ago, RES said:

Please stay safe, and wash your hands ;) 

 

My daughter in law is having issues finding diapers and wipes in her area too...Amazon did have some I was able to have sent to her. Such uncertain times we live in.

 

Uncertain indeed. Who wished interesting times upon us?

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

 

One of your cranky neighboring countries, anyway. Let's just say I'm also up to speed on pronouncing names like Grainne and Roisin.

Don't leave us hanging, how are they pronounced?

 

Today is a day. I had a bad headache when I woke up, I threw up my coffee in the morning. After that I went back to bed, waking up periodically for one reason or another, taking a hot bath at one point then going back to bed. I managed to get some ibuprofen in me about 11, and that kicked in well enough I was able to eat around noon (17 hour fast!). I came to work, and my heacache is still here, but manageable. Fortuantely I don't have a lot of patients to see. The next pebbles in the avalance fell, no visitors for our patients now. We have been told at some point they will probably start screening employees before they let us in the building, at first this will probably just be taking our temps. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't leave us hanging, how are they pronounced?

 

I believe the precedent is that I'm entitled to one round of hilarious guesses first.

 

Do me a favor on that headache, man... Switch to Tylenol. Headaches may just be headaches, but it's better to be careful these days.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your headache is most likely from your jaw issues, not COVID19, however FYI, there are recommending right now that if you think you may have Coronna to not take Advil , as it may possibly hinder what your body is doing(sorry there is a much longer technical answer but I don't remember all of it) ANyway, hope you feel better soon. The no visitors is most likely a good idea, but I still feel badly. Is your hospital still doing elective surgeries?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

 

I believe the precedent is that I'm entitled to one round of hilarious guesses first.

 

Do me a favor on that headache, man... Switch to Tylenol. Headaches may just be headaches, but it's better to be careful these days.

Tylenol on it's own doesn't touch these. Ibuprofen does. Have you seen more evidence than what the French put out about Ibuprofen?

Just now, Elastigirl said:

Your headache is most likely from your jaw issues, not COVID19, however FYI, there are recommending right now that if you think you may have Coronna to not take Advil , as it may possibly hinder what your body is doing(sorry there is a much longer technical answer but I don't remember all of it) ANyway, hope you feel better soon. The no visitors is most likely a good idea, but I still feel badly. Is your hospital still doing elective surgeries?

The hospital has banned "Tier 1" surgeries but we don't know what that means. I suspect it includes elective ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have you seen more evidence than what the French put out about Ibuprofen?

Nope, not a lot of evidence. For me, it's worth it  to not have Ibuprofen, but for you when you are dealing with migraines,  it may be another call.  Personally, when dealing with a virus, I go the tough it out route, believing that fever is for a purpose, and it's best to let it do it's thing. Though I did buy some Tylenol  just in case I was sick and felt miserable and wanted some. And migraines are a different story, where you want to get it under control before it gets worse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a day. I had a bad headache when I woke up, I threw up my coffee in the morning.

Aw man that's awful. :( Work faster, invisalign!

 

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Personally, when dealing with a virus, I go the tough it out route, believing that fever is for a purpose, and it's best to let it do it's thing.

While generally true, high fevers can be very dangerous, especially prolonged ones. Please keep that in mind!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

 

I believe the precedent is that I'm entitled to one round of hilarious guesses first.

 

Grun-ya and Rosheen. But then my own name is pronounced nothing like it's spelt. It's something we do in this corner of the world to filter out the *whispers* out of towners 

 

Image result for league of gentlemen gif

 

Sorry to hear your migraines are still making your life miserable. I really hope you find something to sort it. I have a colleague who swears by her tragus piercing being a way of reducing them. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Personally, when dealing with a virus, I go the tough it out route, believing that fever is for a purpose, and it's best to let it do it's thing.

 

I like that approach. Though you've really have to keep drinking water (and a couple of other tips which I forgot) because dehydration can kick up the fever more than it should be. Which can lead to pretty bad throes and other nasty consequences of overly high fever, I think? Too much of a good thing and all that... Really should read up on this sometime because my fam always mentions it when someone has fever... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, analoggirl said:

 

I like that approach. Though you've really have to keep drinking water (and a couple of other tips which I forgot) because dehydration can kick up the fever more than it should be. Which can lead to pretty bad throes and other nasty consequences of overly high fever, I think? Too much of a good thing and all that... Really should read up on this sometime because my fam always mentions it when someone has fever... 

My sister in law who is a nurse said generally you don't have to worry about dehydration unless he fever is super high or it goes on longer than two days. Of course, one of the symptoms is fevers of 103. But I think at about 102 is when I would start taking Tylenol (not only because of dehydration but from personal experience that's my put me out of my misery point) I should buy Gatorade or something to have on hand though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Nope, not a lot of evidence. For me, it's worth it  to not have Ibuprofen, but for you when you are dealing with migraines,  it may be another call.  Personally, when dealing with a virus, I go the tough it out route, believing that fever is for a purpose, and it's best to let it do it's thing. Though I did buy some Tylenol  just in case I was sick and felt miserable and wanted some. And migraines are a different story, where you want to get it under control before it gets worse.

I plan to use Tylenol for fever. If I think I have Covid, I would probably stop taking ibuprofen just in case.

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Aw man that's awful. :( Work faster, invisalign!

 

While generally true, high fevers can be very dangerous, especially prolonged ones. Please keep that in mind!

Thanks.

9 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Grun-ya and Rosheen. But then my own name is pronounced nothing like it's spelt. It's something we do in this corner of the world to filter out the *whispers* out of towners 

 

Image result for league of gentlemen gif

 

Sorry to hear your migraines are still making your life miserable. I really hope you find something to sort it. I have a colleague who swears by her tragus piercing being a way of reducing them. 

 

 

I think the invisalgin will sort it, as I suspect it comes from over clenching due to poor teeth alignment.

3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

 

I like that approach. Though you've really have to keep drinking water (and a couple of other tips which I forgot) because dehydration can kick up the fever more than it should be. Which can lead to pretty bad throes and other nasty consequences of overly high fever, I think? Too much of a good thing and all that... Really should read up on this sometime because my fam always mentions it when someone has fever... 

Good hydration is just a good idea in any event.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

My sister in law who is a nurse said generally you don't have to worry about dehydration unless he fever is super high or it goes on longer than two days. Of course, one of the symptoms is fevers of 103. But I think at about 102 is when I would start taking Tylenol (not only because of dehydration but from personal experience that's my put me out of my misery point) I should buy Gatorade or something to have on hand though

Gatorade is not a bad idea.

 

 

New challenges just went live!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a day. I had a bad headache when I woke up, I threw up my coffee in the morning.

 

There are still the basic bugs running around.  I'm pretty sure I had a touch of the run-of-the-mill stomach flu a couple of weeks ago.  

 

Hope you feel better.  And that Little Bit remains healthy!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.