Obligatory RES challenge disclaimer:

Ivy.jpg

So, the NF challenges are turning 10 years old, my time here just passed the 6 year mark...My first two years and 14 challenges were spent with the Adventurers where I was made an ambassador, then the guilds were reconfigured and the Rangers were a better fit for my goals and the leaders graciously accepted me as one of their own :D and I've been here ever since.

During this time I've learned a lot, about myself and what works for me, and as I've stated previously the more important item of what doesn't work for me...There are many goals that I had previously that I did not achieve, and that's okay, and looking back now I couldn't even tell you why they were important enough for me to make them a goal I wanted to reach. That's where my 'disclaimer' (see above) comes in...I will never need saving, I will adjust, adapt, and ranger on!

I used to spend a lot more time on here...it seems like goals were easier to reach then when I held myself more accountable (aka not wanting to post that I hadn't reached my goals) somewhere along the way I started doing weekly instead of almost daily updates...I think it was around the time I started working for an MiLB team, I still work there but life in general has calmed down a bit. I won't make this an actual 'goal' but may in the future if I find myself falling into recent patterns.

I love using acronyms when and where I can, my basic challenge theme is not changing because it's working 

The Plan....

Food: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full.

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently)

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media)

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well.

2/15 - Mud Girl Run

5/16 - Blacklight Run

Financial considerations are limiting my participation in 5k's, I'm not as upset about that as I normally would be since so many other plans are in the works!

I've decided that while my clothes getting looser and the number on the scale going down are good, they are not reason enough for me to do this, it's too easy for me to make an excuse not to do it. I get to do it because it makes me feel better when I do, I'm not giving out 1/2 way through what I'm doing, so I can drink coffee because I want to, not because I need it to get through the day. I have a whole bucket list of things that I want to do and most involve me being in shape to do them. That is my new goal, my new reason (that, and the beautiful granddaughter I have) to get in the kind of shape I need to be to do whatever I set my mind to.

• Like 9

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Following along and giving a reciprocal first reply.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I wish I was better versed in necromancy...I miss @T2sarahconnor (TWIN) and @kzacher

• Like 3

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Letting my hair down here.

tumblr_np6vzrIlSw1uwqhxpo1_400.gifv

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along and giving a reciprocal first reply.

Stars must have lined up just right for this to happen...probably never to be seen again in our lifetimes :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Letting my hair down here.

tumblr_np6vzrIlSw1uwqhxpo1_400.gifv

that is mesmerizing...glad to have you along :D 

• Like 2

Spoiler

I just have to tell someone this....my motorcycle endorsement class is march 7th & 8th

giphy.gif

Only way I'm going to find out if my neck allows me to do it is to do it!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 5

Spoiler

21 hours ago, RES said:

I just have to tell someone this....my motorcycle endorsement class is march 7th & 8th

That's awesome! 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

On 2/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, RES said:

I wish I was better versed in necromancy...I miss @T2sarahconnor (TWIN) and @kzacher

200.gif

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 6

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

30 minutes ago, kzacher said:

200.gif

giphy.gif

YAY!!!!!!! It worked!!! :D 

Words don't do justice to how happy I am to see you back on the boards :triumphant:

• Like 3

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, RES said:

giphy.gif

YAY!!!!!!! It worked!!! :D 

Words don't do justice to how happy I am to see you back on the boards :triumphant:

haha thanks. i know i've been gone a very very long time. i still mention NF to friends from time to time, so i kept carrying you guys with me, even in my absence. 

i should thank @DarK_RaideR for reaching out to me last week to start the summoning. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

10 minutes ago, kzacher said:

haha thanks. i know i've been gone a very very long time. i still mention NF to friends from time to time, so i kept carrying you guys with me, even in my absence. 

i should thank @DarK_RaideR for reaching out to me last week to start the summoning. 

Of course you would, we're awesome people! :D 

He may mentioned he was going to... :lol:

• Like 1

Spoiler

1 hour ago, kzacher said:

200.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I literally heard the glass shatter and music as soon as I saw this gif

haha well, that was the intent. i'm thinking it may be time to do a challenge again....

• That's Metal 3

anyways How fun!

I'll try to better follow along this time!

how did you get involved in an OCR? I had thought that once you were here for awhile and NOT done an Ocr that you were immune from Conscription.

but somehow they changed your mind!?

mind-control.jpg?fit=850,578&ssl=1

Ha!

anyways. good luck and I'm sure you'll hit it out of the park.

• Haha 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

how did you get involved in an OCR? I had thought that once you were here for awhile and NOT done an Ocr that you were immune from Conscription.

I always used the excuse that my neck injury exempted me from doing one, then some "friends?" of mine found one called Mud Girl Run and informed me that I was doing it...I could go around anything I wasn't able to do (one of them has had surgery for the same issue I have...made saying no a lot harder :lol: )

• Like 4

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

as I suspected, 

Mind control!

well ok then. tell THEM just to make sure you have fun.  its not BAD mind control if no one gets hurt.

Valid....and I get to get dirty and wet at the same time :lol:;) 

• Haha 3

Spoiler

1 hour ago, RES said:

Just quoting this for posterity. Because getting wet and dirty should be everyone's idea of a good time. 

I too had missed that you were doing an OCR, that is so exciting! We'll be down in the Tampa area in November this year for one - not saying you have to do it, but if you'd want to come hang out! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Just quoting this for posterity. Because getting wet and dirty should be everyone's idea of a good time. 

I too had missed that you were doing an OCR, that is so exciting! We'll be down in the Tampa area in November this year for one - not saying you have to do it, but if you'd want to come hang out! 

That's only about 4 hours, remind me when you do and I'll definitely try to! (which one are you doing, I may join you?)

• Like 3

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, RES said:

That's only about 4 hours, remind me when you do and I'll definitely try to! (which one are you doing, I may join you?)

Yay! The Savage Race. Another internet friend of mine is coming (one from my WoW days) and my husband is going to run. I'm letting you know as people will be in varying degrees shape. .... as a side note, I foresee us getting into so much mayhem!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

Yay! The Savage Race. Another internet friend of mine is coming (one from my WoW days) and my husband is going to run. I'm letting you know as people will be in varying degrees shape. .... as a side note, I foresee us getting into so much mayhem!

That will be after my birthday and week long cruise, so no telling what type of shape I will be in then LOL

Us, mayhem? I'm an angel, no idea what you could be referencing (But I think @fleaball should join us too)

• Like 2

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, RES said:

That will be after my birthday and week long cruise, so no telling what type of shape I will be in then LOL

Us, mayhem? I'm an angel, no idea what you could be referencing (But I think @fleaball should join us too)

One of my favorite things about @fleaball is that she is always up for whatever we throw her way. I agree. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RES said:

Excuse me this is a family friendly website and you have offended my delicate sensibilities. 

• Haha 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi