12 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Love how the pictures seem to suggest you completed the entire race easy while wearing those "cool gal" shades¬†ūüėéūüėéūüėé

prescription glasses, not that 'cool" LOL I'm blind without them, and they did stay on the whole race (fortunately the headband was tight enough to keep them secure)

9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Apparently The Hype came back with all those wayward souls.

I believe you're right, wish we'd have realized this years ago! :D 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

17 hours ago, RES said:

I'm alive, though yesterday that would have been questionable :lol: 

The Plan....

Food: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. 7/7

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently) 4/7, bodyweight was not done this week, though I think yesterday might have made up for it!

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media) Went to the women dining out group on Wed. Friday D actually took me out for Poke Bowls (no other poking was involved though dammit! :lol: :( ) 

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well. 6/7 missed 7 hours one night due to a exhibition game at work that I had to be there at 7am for...so of course the struggle was real getting to sleep!

I did a mud run!!! 20 obstacles, 3 miles...and I Rangered the fuck out of it!! :D 

vObNlVK.jpg

I'm the one in the middle, the other two are my friends Vic and Lisa...this was after obstacle 16.

GRQ8ABv.jpg

Our little group...minus a couple (one had to go to the ER, her hip dislocated at the beginning) 

MrolbL2.jpg

Think I'm going to nickname this one shell shocked for obvious reasons :lol:

More on Instagram and Facebook if you're bored...apparently plans are being made to do it again next year, I, for one, hope it's warmer...doing this in mid 40 degree temps, not as much fun as it sounds! 

Other than that not a whole lot going on in my 3D world...though I don't remember looking forward to a challenge quite this much in a long time, I'm certain it has to do with the return of old friends :D 

hell yeah!!! look at you killing that MudRun and Rangering all the way. making this shit look easy. i'm gonna have to step my game up

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Showing up late but really liking your challenge, and never realized you were a fellow FL resident up until now.   

I give you props on the mud run, I did one a couple years back and felt way too short to do a lot of the obstacles safely, lol.

• Like 1

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

7 hours ago, kzacher said:

hell yeah!!! look at you killing that MudRun and Rangering all the way. making this shit look easy. i'm gonna have to step my game up

You can do this, I have all the faith in the world in you...you'll have to come down and do one with us next time!

6 hours ago, .TIFF said:

Showing up late but really liking your challenge, and never realized you were a fellow FL resident up until now.   

I give you props on the mud run, I did one a couple years back and felt way too short to do a lot of the obstacles safely, lol.

Yep, I've been back 4 years this July...should have never left...looks like I'm about 2 hours north of you ;) 

and I'm not short (5'7") but the three of us in the top picture stuck together and helped each other through the obstacles. The first one would get boosted up, second would get a hand and a boost, the last one got two hands and had to power up with her legs (that was me LOL)

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Woot!

yay

you did It!  Congrats!

it looks like you rangered the heck out of it  and ESPACIALLY because it was cold.

curious

was it harder than you thought it would be?

High that day got to 60 degrees, long after we finished! Oddly enough it wasn't harder than I thought (about as hard as I thought it would be, mostly because it's a women only mud run), but I did surprise the hell out of myself with a lot of it, my upper body strength has improved a lot more than I give myself credit for!

The really good news is yesterday I was able to run errands without a lot of DOMS issues, and today I did my entire bodyweight routine. I was worried I would be too sore to move for days :o 

• Like 7

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

FTFY. Obstacles are obstacles girl, they know no gender. Give yourself some credit.

took the words right out of my mouth. @RES don't you dare discredit yourself for any of your achievements. 

• Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

FTFY. Obstacles are obstacles girl, they know no gender. Give yourself some credit.

7 minutes ago, kzacher said:

took the words right out of my mouth. @RES don't you dare discredit yourself for any of your achievements. 

giphy.gif

One more reason I love you guys...

14 hours ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations on completing the mud run!

It shows that your strength training has made a real difference. Go you!

11 hours ago, Teirin said:

Congrats!!!

11 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

That looks very badass :) 

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Just stopped in to love on your mud run photos. Keep kicking ass!

Thank you :D More photos here if anyone wants to see them...these are ones taken along the course by the event photographers 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ymDgnA8rhQpFcgAz7

• Like 6

Spoiler

Do you know what it feels like when someone walks into your life and starts doing everything your soul has been craving for someone (aka your partner) to do for years? Oddly enough coming at a time when things aren't 'bad' at home, they just are...nothing...no affection, no 'work' being put in that they said they wanted...and you feel so torn and conflicted about what to do...yeah, I know, someday I'll quit whining about this, but it is not this day! :lol: 

The Plan....

Food: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. 7/7 back on track!

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently) 6/7, all workouts done this week with the exception of Sunday which I spent recovering...thought about not counting that one against me, but the workout wasn't done so I don't get a 'pass' on it

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media) Job fair on Wednesday that I helped out with so no couch sitting that day...can't say as I did a lot of extra stuff this week

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well. 6/7 missed sleep 2 nights this week, for whatever reason my internal clock has been going off at 4:30am, regardless of what time I go to bed...wrote in my journal and working on reading the handbook for my motorcycle license.

Not much going on this week outside of the usual. The weather has been crap and  pain levels are high so not much likely to happen. I did get my boots, gloves, and rain gear that I needed for the MC class, so all set for that :D 

• Like 8

Spoiler

Hmm, RES wet and dirty? Situation normal.

RES and crew causing trouble? Situation normal. 

RES being a bad ass and kicking a Mud Runs ass? Situation Awesome!

Another old friend is sneaking back in. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log : Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

On 2/22/2020 at 1:10 PM, RES said:

Do you know what it feels like when someone walks into your life and starts doing everything your soul has been craving for someone (aka your partner) to do for years? Oddly enough coming at a time when things aren't 'bad' at home, they just are...nothing...no affection, no 'work' being put in that they said they wanted...and you feel so torn and conflicted about what to do...yeah, I know, someday I'll quit whining about this, but it is not this day! :lol: 

I'm sorry, that sounds really rough :( 

On 2/22/2020 at 1:10 PM, RES said:

The Plan....

Food: Make 24 hour plan, eat on plan when hungry, stop when full. 7/7 back on track!

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently) 6/7, all workouts done this week with the exception of Sunday which I spent recovering...thought about not counting that one against me, but the workout wasn't done so I don't get a 'pass' on it

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media) Job fair on Wednesday that I helped out with so no couch sitting that day...can't say as I did a lot of extra stuff this week

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well. 6/7 missed sleep 2 nights this week, for whatever reason my internal clock has been going off at 4:30am, regardless of what time I go to bed...wrote in my journal and working on reading the handbook for my motorcycle license.

Not much going on this week outside of the usual. The weather has been crap and  pain levels are high so not much likely to happen. I did get my boots, gloves, and rain gear that I needed for the MC class, so all set for that :D 

Sounds like this is going really well though!! Do you have a specific motorcycle in mind?

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Thom! So nice to see you round these parts once more! Do you have a challenge thread or battle log you're hanging around these days?

Yeah I set a challenge up over in the Scouts again as my focus is walking and strengthening my knees. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log : Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

20 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Another old friend is sneaking back in. 

I was just looking for you and here you are :D New moon magic is amazing :D 

• Like 1

Spoiler

20 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Sounds like this is going really well though!! Do you have a specific motorcycle in mind?

I used to have a Honda Rebel, I have a friend selling her shadow (600 cc) that I'm trying to get her to come down in price some :lol: 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Memo to me, avoiding posting here is not going to change the factor that I did not hit all of my goals this week :rolleyes:

The Plan....

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently) 5/7, intentionally skipped Friday and Saturday due to generally not feeling well Friday, and intense emotional conversations Saturday, more below.

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media) BFF's birthday this week, low country boil and crab legs were consumed

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well 4/3 on me time, 5/7 on sleep 

So yesterday was an emotionally exhausting morning, D and I had a long needed talk and cleared the air and received clarification on a lot of things. She said a couple things that were very hard to hear but we were both so emotionally spent we had to delay any further talking or decisions regarding what that means for our relationship for another time. Things are becoming increasingly more difficult due to the not so rhetorical question I asked last week...human nature I know but I can't help comparing what I know I would have if I 'settle' for what I currently have, against what I suspect I would have if I took a chance on what could be something incredible. Sounds like an easy choice, right? Trust me when I say it's anything but!

I have a couple interviews with staffing agencies next week...not sure how that's going to go so no more details right now. I may not be going anywhere but the thought of 10-20k more a year is rather appealing, especially if it's only a 40 hour week.

• Like 3

Spoiler

serious/emotional talks can definitely take a toll on you. hope you're able to spring back asap now that the air is somewhat cleared. 

also 10-20k more a year? where do i sign up? lol ūüėõ

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kzacher said:

serious/emotional talks can definitely take a toll on you. hope you're able to spring back asap now that the air is somewhat cleared. 

also 10-20k more a year? where do i sign up? lol ūüėõ

Unfortunately there have been many in this last year :( I'm over it

first, have a masters in accounting...then spend several years undervaluing your worth at a job you love, but love don't pay the bills...get frustrated after you get told after another year of sacrifice that no one is getting a bonus because the sales team didn't meet goals, research what you could be making with your experience and degree...realize that entry level with a bachelors make at least 7k more than you...start applying to jobs that sound interesting that are well within your wheelhouse and much more in line with your financial value and work life balance ideals.

:D

• Like 5

Spoiler

I'll work on a real update tomorrow....but I just had to post that day 1 is done (and 100% on the written part of the test)

4CvcMtS.jpg

Pre ride

DMLGcRN.jpg

Helmet hair!! :D omg I forgot how amazing ridding feels...

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

Spoiler

Congratulations on passing your written test with flying colors!

My sympathy on the difficult conversations with D. Also on adding job hunting on top of the relationship stress. I can see how 10-20k more would make a big difference in your situation.

Hugs and support on all the things you are doing to make your life better.

• Like 1

Level 59  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations on passing your written test with flying colors!

My sympathy on the difficult conversations with D. Also on adding job hunting on top of the relationship stress. I can see how 10-20k more would make a big difference in your situation.

Hugs and support on all the things you are doing to make your life better.

Thank you! 

Difficult conversations are necessary, I'm beyond the point where I really feel this will work out in any traditional sense, but there's no reason we can't be civil about things and figure out where we go from here and possibly continue some type of relationship.

The Plan....

Exercise: Continue Bodyweight365, do intervals on Sunday and 'stretching' days (Tuesday and Thursday currently) 1/7, was tired and drained all week. 

extra: This may be more detailed as time goes on but for now it will be accomplishing anything I didn't have planned (aka not sitting on the couch from the time I get home till bedtime scrolling social media) High school games and motorcycle class this week.

Down Time: Three times a week (at least) take time for me, this can be journaling, crocheting, or time to read. This also includes excursions with friends since I tend to be a hermit at times. Going to add getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to this as well 4/3 on me time, 2/7 on sleep...and I think I see why I was feeling tired and drained all week.

So update, we found out we will be getting a type of 'bonus' after all....guess what I'll be getting with mine since I've passed the course :D 

• Like 4

Spoiler