Starting over, Again.

I stumbled and fell hard this time. I am now at my heaviest, this fall was a major strain on my motivation to do anything and on my marriage. Long story short we think my wife has ADHD, we got a new puppy, I got a lot of responsibilities both at work and in my local RC. And then SAD kicked in hard. Thankfully we had some serious talks over Christmas, wife is now in a mental health assessment program, I have stepped away from some responsibilities and it is getting lighter out. 

In short I feel I have the mental energy to think about improving myself again. 

Where I am starting from:

• I am the heaviest I have ever been 123 kg 
  • I feel really out of shape and have a hard time walking up hills
    • This is impacting my motivation to do stuff I like to do like SAR stuff, MMA and donating blood
  • I feel trapped in a messy house
  • I am unmotivated to do much but watch youtube videos even though I want to do dog stuff or creative stuff. 

Where I want to get to:

• No specific weight but I want to feel good about my size
  • Movement is east
  • Participation in a sport again
  • Cleanliness at a level that doesn't cause me or the wife stress
  • Spending my evenings with the dogs or being creative or at least watching intresting youtube videos that inspire me rather than being sucked into a time sink. 

I am going to try to check in here regularly with life updates because I think that will help keep me on my goals. 

First challenge break this down into achievable goals 

Character sheet

Discord: Craftyviking#1460

Sorry about your struggles. Hopefully as it gets lighter it will get better. Where I live, it rained every day in January. I was so struggling. Then yesterday and today, it was sunny. I went for a walk both days. It felt like a light switch ha been turned o me. Friday, everything I did was a huge struggle in motivation. Today, everything was easy and enjoyable

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Daily Battlelog 03/02/2020 (Yes I write these the European way)

It snowed, ugh. Not enough to cause any issues but enough that I am slightly worried about my plants. Healthwise i didn't do much other than eating a fuck ton of veggies. In Norway they say you should have 5 servings of fruit and veg a day, I think i hit that for sure yesterday. Not so much water, so that is going to be something I work on next. 

Character sheet

Daily battlelog 04/02/2020

Mostly a good day at work, and then I went home to make risotto with the wife and we managed to take the time to walk the dogs a quick loop before I zoomed off to my first crafting event for the local viking reenactment group. I had a lot of fun there, it was inspiring to hang with people who are also into crafts. 

Overall Scores:

• Food: 3/5 (home made, but a lot of carbs)
  • Physical activity: 2/5 (walked the dogs but not much else)
  • Creative: 5/5
  • Like 2

Character sheet

Daily battlelog 05/02/2020

Alight day at work . Stress with taking the puppy to a class. I was also frustrated with my partner, so I ended up going to bed rather than making a big deal out of it. I am also feeling stress grow with the mess in the house so I have adjusted my Habitica dailies to fit in some cleaning. I think that I will have to put down a rule of no computer time once I come home from work, then it is cleaning, cooking and dogstuff. 

Character sheet

Daily battlelog 06/02/2020

On the cold and clear thursday morning Craftyviking woke rather sluggishly, stirred from sleep by the screams of a dramatic puppy wanting breakfast and the wails of the alarmclock. After tending to the puppy and leaving both dogs happy with a treat she adn her partner set off into the morning, first making a stop at the bus stop to drop of her partner before Craftyviking arrived at work, bright and early. After work, her early start had allowed her to leave early, she picked up her partner again and got supplies for making pizza. 

Later that evening was the great adventure of the day. Taking their two brave dogs, our heroes set out  to meet with a band of roving pups and owners going for a walk together. 

• Like 1

Character sheet

Weekend battlelog

This was a great weekend. Didn't get much done in terms of working out but the wife and I focused on spending some time together. We also went to ikea to get some oganizational stuff as well as a couple of trashcans we needed. While there  I daydreamed about a future sewing room. One of my main motivations for getting a house is to have space for a sewing room.

Character sheet

Daily battlelog Monday Feb 10th 2020

What a shitty day  it has been. Wife and I had some fights and I am exhausted and frustrated. 

5 Week challenge ideas

I want to do the next 5 week challenge and I am thinking about what I could do. I am thinking about 4 health goals and 1 adventure goal

• Physical health: Go to the Gym 3 times a week
  • Dental health: Brush every morning and evening, Floss every evening
  • Emotional health: Walk in the woods every week
  • Mental health: Meditate every day
  • Adventure goal: Hike to Kollen

Character sheet