My millionth respawn

Hello All, My Name is RoxyFreefall (Roxy for short) I have used a number of programs to help me with my eating and fitness. All work...when used. Sticking with a program that I don't get bored with or overwhelmed by is my real issue. I need support and find that I don't typically get it. 

I have used...

Sparkpeople

MyFitnessPal

WeightWatchers

NerdFitness (joined in 2013, 36 challenges, my last one was May 2018)

Healthy Steps Nutrition

all just for nutrition help.

For fitness...

Gold's Gym

Apex Fitness

TurboJam (at home dvds)

Zumba (at home dvds)

Walking

CrossFit

Crossfit Barbell Club

Honestly my fitness is not the real issue, it's food. I love lifting weights and just need to get back into the habit. The problem is I truly believe that I should be able to find a balance between the food I love and the foods I need to eat.  Denying myself the foods I love will only backfire and cause a binging session.  I need supporters that are willing to pester and kick my ass from here to healthy. 

Now a short blurb about my current life..

-Married, 1 child, a Master's student (earning a degree in teaching), a full time substitute teacher, homeowner, and pet owner. 

-40 years old

-Started Crossfit (my current-ish fitness membership) 3 years ago. When I started I wanted to shed fat and was 175 pounds. I am now 3 years in and I am at 202 pounds. But much much stronger. I deadlift 225 and backsquat 150. I couldn't even get close when I started. I no longer go to CrossFit Wods because I don't care for the competitive nature and some of the movements. (Why do I want to do wall balls and burpees). Our box had a barbell club that I loved, but the coach has no time for it and canceled back in November. Now I'm sad and haven't picked up my barbell at home.

-I need to lose 40 pounds of fat. I carry it fairly evenly but my waist is bigger than ever right now.  I also am struggling to find any of my bras that fit.

So that is the long and short of it.

@Tanktimus the Encourager talked me into coming back. Here is to hoping I can get some help.

• Like 9

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

2 hours ago, RoxyFreefall said:

The problem is I truly believe that I should be able to find a balance between the food I love and the foods I need to eat.  Denying myself the foods I love will only backfire and cause a binging session.  I need supporters that are willing to pester and kick my ass from here to healthy. 

This is a big premise of the book Intuitive Eating that has helped me so far. It isn't about weight loss so much as it is about healing one's relationship with food. It's still in print.

Nice name change by the way.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, RoxyFreefall said:

Hello All, My Name is RoxyFreefall (Roxy for short) I have used a number of programs to help me with my eating and fitness. All work...when used. Sticking with a program that I don't get bored with or overwhelmed by is my real issue. I need support and find that I don't typically get it. 

Hi! Welcome back! 

Denying myself the foods I love will only backfire and cause a binging session.  I need supporters that are willing to pester and kick my ass from here to healthy. 

Totally. I know this trap well lol. Eating more of the good stuff in order to avoid the binge is a big one. Is there anything in particular in terms of support we can offer you that would be most helpful? Where do you think you struggle the most? Likewise, what's working for you/has worked in the past?

I deadlift 225 and backsquat 150.

That's fantastic!!! Do you have performance related goals along these lines too?

bras that fit.

I dunno, this might be a myth ;) Can we talk about how awful bras are? (or at least how awful looking for them is?) Truly, I hear you. The struggle is real 😬

Happy respawn :)

5 hours ago, RoxyFreefall said:

Honestly my fitness is not the real issue, it's food. I love lifting weights and just need to get back into the habit. The problem is I truly believe that I should be able to find a balance between the food I love and the foods I need to eat.  Denying myself the foods I love will only backfire and cause a binging session.

Kind of same... I could use more fitness probably but food is my main struggle area. I decided to not track/weigh everything and try to lose weight just adding more vegetables and smaller portions. It's a struggle but I want to find that balance as well. 

5 hours ago, RoxyFreefall said:

I also am struggling to find any of my bras that fit.

Hate bras... I usually try on 5 and maybe find 1. But then there's the issue where bras my size tend to be $60. My sports bra right now is a shefit. And I get my bras from the plus size store Addition Elle. 

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Welcome back!

7 hours ago, RoxyFreefall said:

Honestly my fitness is not the real issue, it's food. I love lifting weights and just need to get back into the habit. The problem is I truly believe that I should be able to find a balance between the food I love and the foods I need to eat.  Denying myself the foods I love will only backfire and cause a binging session.  I need supporters that are willing to pester and kick my ass from here to healthy. 

Yeah, I hear you. It's just so easy for me to say the hell with it, and eat whatever. 

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

Is there anything in particular in terms of support we can offer you that would be most helpful? Where do you think you struggle the most? Likewise, what's working for you/has worked in the past?

I need someone who is going to be there for me when I need to gripe about the meal plan...cause I will eventually. I need a cheering crown when I accomplish something I am proud of. I need a listening ear when I'm stressed. What I don't want is to be ignored or forgotten (this has happened before). Tracking paired with fitness works but can be a real struggle. My diabetes makes it a little harder to lose weight. I struggle with not giving into cravings and overeating at a meal.

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

Do you have performance related goals along these lines too?

currently my only performance related goal is to just get myself moving. I would like to spend a few minutes every other day on my rower and to lift my barbell 3 times per week. But I have to make sure I am keeping up with homework.

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Welcome back Roxy.

Hi Sloth. Thank you. How is the family?

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

my size tend to be $60

Hi Rookie. The only decent one I have found to like in my size are 60. I have to wait for them to go on sale. Horrible.

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Try to lose weight just adding more vegetables and smaller portions.

I would love to know how this is working for you.

11 minutes ago, Tateman said:

just so easy for me to say the hell with it, and eat whatever. 

Hello. I totally agree. I just left the Mexican restaurant where I ate 3 and a half enchiladas with chips and a margarita, and topped it off with a Reese's PB cup.

• Like 2

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

4 minutes ago, RoxyFreefall said:

Hi Rookie. The only decent one I have found to like in my size are 60. I have to wait for them to go on sale. Horrible.

Same. I just bought 5 online on sale and returned 3. And a bunch of other stuff. I was lucky I found 2 I liked from that batch because my main bra won't last much longer. The issue I have is the wire always ends up poking through. Clothing that fights back lol

4 minutes ago, RoxyFreefall said:

I would love to know how this is working for you.

Actually pretty good... At least for lunch lol. I have an issue where if I'm trying to eat healthy or I meal prep a bunch in advanced I psych myself up and do not want the food. I get nauseous feeling while trying to eat it. And my brain goes into full NOPE stage. But this for me is easier. And I think it's because it's variety and the veggies are fresher. I generally take whatever was for dinner and just sautee up extra veggies to add for my lunch. I make sure to choose veggies I know I like. Which means lots of mushrooms omnomnom lol 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}