• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Deffy's Greatest Hits - The 10 Year Anniversary Special (Deffy #58)

Deffy’s Greatest Hits.

Hi friends and welcome to my 10th anniversary challenge! I haven’t been here 10 years. I have been here for more like seven years but I think we can all agree that’s a long ass time. I have learned many things over the last ten years, and I have forgotten many things too, only to have to relearn them again on more than one occasion. But I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to re-run some of my most successful challenges so I get to live them all over again and hopefully harness their original successes.

Goal One – Eat, Sleep, Conquer the Streak

Image result for the undertaker gif

I think my most successful series of challenges ever were where I beat the Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak. I don’t keep my old challenges around but this was 2014. I remember furiously making my tracking board for this challenge whilst listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel after an argument with my boyfriend. That sure showed him. So since this challenge is 6 weeks long (with off weeks) I am going to pin everyone The Undertaker won the Heavyweight Title from because that is six people. Hulk Hogan, Sycho Syd, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Batista, Edge and CM Punk. Every week I will face a different opponent and in order to win the title off them I have to complete two elliptical sessions of at least 30 minutes each and also a butt workout.

Goal Two – Blame it On My Juice

Image result for blame it on my juice gif

“No I’m not a snack at all, baby I’m the whole damn meal” – Bring back the snackboxes, which aren’t snacks at all, baby they’re the whole damn day’s worth of food! Every evening I will make a box full of snacks which in combination with my evening meal will add up to my total calorie allowance for the day. I can eat whatever I like and however much I like, or as little as I like, as long as it’s from the snackbox.

Goal Three – Enter the Metrics

Image result for confused maths lady gif

Weighing in every day, calculating daily BMR and calories in and running a spreadsheet to project where I will be is how I roll, baby.

Goal Four – Spring Clean

Image result for the cleaner kenny omega gif

The general tidiness of my house isn’t up to my usual standards, and my standards are much lower than TH’s so he must be super stressed. I want to

make good progress on spring cleaning all of my house. Notice the vagueness. I don’t know exactly what this good progress would look like but for arguments sake let’s say at least three rooms. That’s a room every two weeks. Totally do-able.

***EDIT***

So I actually spring cleaned three rooms before this challenge started so I am going all in and I want to finish spring cleaning everywhere. All upstairs is now done, so I want to do the following rooms:

* The Library

* The Hall

* The Living Room

* The Kitchen

* The Gym.

If I am I 5lbs lower on the day I finish this challenge than I was on the day I started the challenge I can treat myself to a prize! Even my prizes are retro, so let’s win some lingerie*!

163639_20180907134200.jpg

* I actually looked through lingerie for ages but I couldn't find any I liked. Deffy is bored of lingerie, she's changed, man. So I chose this because I can wear it as a top but it doesn't go anywhere near my size so I guess if stuffing myself into it doesn't work it's back to the drawing board. This is more a placeholder than anything else but I do still like it so hopefully it will be motivation enough. 

• Like 13

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

giphy.gif

Black is white, white is mauve, up is the square root of negative 1, I don't even know what's going on here.

I think it has much more to do with the fact I look nothing like as good as I used to in lingerie, rather than the actual lingerie itself. 

Sorry lingerie. It's not you, it's me 💔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Pretending to follow along while actually just skimming and liking everything... 

Image result for how very dare you gif

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 3:05 AM, deftona said:

I think it has much more to do with the fact I look nothing like as good as I used to in lingerie, rather than the actual lingerie itself. 

Sorry lingerie. It's not you, it's me 💔

Personal style evolves. You may find that you enjoy lingerie again someday. I personally don't enjoy the strappy trend going on right now. But then lace can be really itchy. Let's just go without all together and start our own trend :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I just wanna get in here before we run out of Undertaker .gifs

tenor.gif?itemid=12175375

Impossible! The internet is a bountiful source of 'Taker gifs! 

22 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Personal style evolves. You may find that you enjoy lingerie again someday. I personally don't enjoy the strappy trend going on right now. But then lace can be really itchy. Let's just go without all together and start our own trend :D 

It's definitely how I look in it that's changed. But I love the strappy trend! As long as it's above the boobs, nobody wants to see dat back fat squidging around all over. 

• Like 1

Sunday Update

TH was still feeling ill so we went out to get him more medicine and got breakfast while we were at it. When we got home we became one with our sofas and watched Thelma and Louise which is one of my favourite films ever but TH had never seen it. It had been a while since I saw it too, and I always thought Thelma and Louise both got themselves in sticky situations but most of the crappy stuff that happens is all Thelma's fault and Louise just has to save her ass. It also reminded me how much I want to road trip across the American south. Bonus points if I get to nail Brad Pitt. 

My parents came in the evening and I cooked them paneer tikka masala and roti. When they left i assembled our lunches (snackboxes take ages to do) and then we came straight to bed. It seems three days of work is not sufficient to make me feel refreshed. 

This weekend I have been so productive that I have already spring cleaned three rooms which was the goal for this challenge. So I am stepping it up a level or two and I want to spring clean everywhere. All my upstairs rooms are now done so this just leaves the living room, the library, the hall, the kitchen and the gym. Totally do-able so let's do it. Part of the spring clean of the kitchen is to eat stuff we already have because my freezers are full and my pantry is ridiculous. Realistically, we don't need to shop for another 6ish weeks so long as we use up what we have instead of eating what we want. I will post a picture of my pantry every week to show how it's going down because it's so full and so messy I can't find anything. 

• Like 7

On 2/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, deftona said:

I remember furiously making my tracking board for this challenge whilst listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel 

This album!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Pretending to follow along while actually just skimming and liking everything... 

Is that how you guys keep up?! I feel like I finally learned the secret...

Following off course :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, deftona said:

The haunted pantry.
2d599e88035018cb6e988045164d1cf9.jpg

this pantry is AMAZING. This is the kind of space where I would take everything out, and then just put it all back in again, 5% tidier than it was and just enjoy the fact I have such a smart space in my home. 

Also, is that a jar of hot dogs? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terah said:

Is that how you guys keep up?! I feel like I finally learned the secret...

Man, that's really useful. I usually read until my brain shuts down and says "Go clean something" or I don't know what to say, and I'm like nodding, but I don't really think "like" is the same as "I'm nodding and listening but have nothing useful to contribute"

• Like 1

Also, is that a jar of hot dogs? 

It's *definitely not* a jar of appendages from spurned lovers that's for sure *whistles*
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

It's *definitely not* a jar of appendages from spurned lovers that's for sure *whistles*

I really love you, Deffy! 😂😂💚

Also, I read your posts, but not everyone's responses here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Also, I read your posts, but not everyone's responses here

That's what I do, mostly. Specially when I open the thread and find I'm 87 pages behind.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

That pantry looks like every cabinet in my kitchen.  It's a mad house.

Great goals though!

Happy Challenge!

Hehehe it has never been that bad before, I have no idea what's in the back there but I guess I'm going to find out! 

And welcome along! :)

• Like 1

Monday Update

I had to be in work early as I had an early meeting. It went well. The rest of the day went, as days do, in a very normal fashion. I had my first 121 in three years (they're supposed to be monthly) and it seems I have been doing ok just figuring this management bullshit out on my own because my last 121 was before I stepped up into any kind of supervisory role so maybe I can definitively add "winging it" onto my CV. 

I had boring office work to do all afternoon so I cranked out the choons and had a bit of a Beasty Boys party. It made the boring office work much less boring. 

I fasted until around three when I ate a salad and some snackbox items. Dinner was a couple of hot dogs and I didn't eat all of my snackbox so I came well under on my calorie goal. Which is good because I spent all yesterday with too tight tights and it made me angry. It's freezing here. We had a little snow yesterday. We sat in the living room last night with the heating on full blast and we were still cold so we decided to just go to bed where it's warmer. It was nice to go to bed early not because we're completely shattered, and we did indeed warm up much quicker from there. I might just alternate between bed and the bath. That cosy life. 

Day one: Nailed. 

• Like 9

On 2/7/2020 at 7:38 AM, deftona said:

Weighing in every day, calculating daily BMR and calories in and running a spreadsheet to project where I will be is how I roll, baby.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sexy spreadsheets gif

On 2/7/2020 at 7:38 AM, deftona said:

if stuffing myself into it doesn't work it's back to the drawing board.

No no no, when at home ask for some help with the stuffing, it will be appreciated!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor damsel in distress gif

On 2/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, deftona said:

Let's just go without all together

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i can approve this gif

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Does nobody read my updates or what emoji23.png

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor aint nobody got time for that gif

• Haha 4