• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

10 Years of Challenges Workout

Late to the party! As usual, but catching up all at once. 

Thing one done, unintentionally, but still a W.✔️

Thing two.......I will be using a ream of printer paper......at work.......and because it's just one ream I will do 1x5........DONE✔️ 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 2/21/2020 at 1:05 AM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Use your suitcase!

Great idea! Sounds so obvious when you say it :) 

I took our smallest big suitcase. It was 18 kg when we dropped it off at the airport, but we have removed a few things from it after that. So I estimate the current weight to 10 kg. Did 5 bear complexes.

• Like 2

Right. Thing Two is done.

My cunning plan had been to dig up my pair of itsy-bitsy teensy-weensy 8kg kettlebells for this, get the benefit of a nice light weighted OHP in each arm, and incidentally claim an aspiration point in my own challenge. Turns out I only have a matched set of 12kg kettlebells though... Now, of course, 12kg still isn't very big, but -- considering the aeons which have passed since last I attempted such an outlandish feat -- it was a bit bigger than I really wanted.

Whatever. I said [BLEEP] it, wiped the years of dust and grass and dirt off of the 'bells, took one in each hand, and gave it a go.

Three of these Bear things later, I've decided that's more than enough of that foolishness :blink:

deathofthehobbits.gif.a7aa4adc9edc5c17428e3de511eba448.gif  

• Like 4

In the 3rd year of challenges, the Nerd Fitness workout was:

DEAD BUGS

Along with having a ridiculous and hilarious name, deadbugs are some of the most awesome moves out there, and you can do them anywhere! By keeping your shoulders down and back, and keeping your back from coming off the floor, you'll be engaging the erector muscles of the spine and back - a grossly underdeveloped belt that is a big contributing factor to back pain and injury in other exercise.  But wait, there's more! You'll be getting great core work along with that spinal stabilization, (2 sides of the same coin, amirite?) as well as working your hip flexors and shoulder mobility. I've included three levels for progressions, but if this is something you like, there are tons of variations out there. Happy dead bugging!

LEVEL 1 

(Includes 2 modifications)

LEVEL 2

(The slower you go, the tougher these are, and they really drive home proper positioning!)

LEVEL 3

Pitter patter

• Like 4

Done! I added the Swiss ball version to the mobility and stretching I've started doing before I lift, and did ten on each side. 

I have now learned that I really need to stop neglecting my core muscles. 

18 hours ago, RedStone said:

In the 3rd year of challenges, the Nerd Fitness workout was:

DEAD BUGS

Great! I'll try to combine this with yoga tonight. I'll do some Dead Bugs before or after.