• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

» loire reaps what she sows [rebuild chronicles; omake anniversary special!~]

14 hours ago, loire said:

So to clarify I'm actually not boxing against OTHER PEOPLE (yet) - these classes are 45 minutes of boxer on bag work of technique and combos and footwork.  Everyone gets their own bag and it's a mix of speed and conditioning and HIIT intervals in between, with 10 minutes of focused core work at the end.  IT'S A WORKOUT.  There are other classes I'll eventually be clawing my way into screaming like KICKBOXING and TECHNIQUES where you mitt-spar with a trainer and such, but I'm keeping it real for right now.

This was my favorite group lesson and when i decide to go back to fitness, i will make sure it will have one of these!

But you have to pace it right, i knew i blew myself up within 10 minutes during the first time i joined. But i grew to love it! It's such a good workout!

+

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's incredible improvement. I look forward to boxing stories.

Especially the one where you PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE for the first time.

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It's like I can already hear her go OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODI'MSOSORRYIDIDN'TMEANTOAREYOUALRIGHT?!?!?!?

Ohmygod so -

I was doing mitt training with a personal trainer on the first night, just going over jabs and hooks and stuff, and fun fact if you didn't know, I did Taekwondo for 15 years, so I have a LOT of muscle memory, and I'm very used to being able to control my punches and get very close to a person, and I about clocked my trainer in the face right off the bat and I was pretty much like OHGODOHGODOHGOD like that..........

GLAD I GOT IT OUT OF THE WAY I GUESS

22 hours ago, Salinger said:

amazing LOIRE :) so happy for you ❤️ im guna get on this boxing hype, im going to save a bit of money to go xx

Yessss let's start a FIGHT CLUB

(but without the weird soap shit)

17 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Great work!  Keep it up!

THANKLES I do my best!!

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

This was my favorite group lesson and when i decide to go back to fitness, i will make sure it will have one of these!

But you have to pace it right, i knew i blew myself up within 10 minutes during the first time i joined. But i grew to love it! It's such a good workout!

+

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hulk smash gif

Oh yeah I TOTALLY paced myself poorly on the first visit - 150% ALL THE TIME DOES NOT WORK - time to be more mindful......... FOR NOW........................

Hi guys happy Wednesday!  Quick lunch update, I have a 90 minute DTM appointment for my shoulder today and I'M PSYCHED, I've been feeling so much better since only one session with this new sports masseuse.  She's a WIZARD

I have a 4 day weekend coming up - I took Friday off and we have Monday off here as well - so I'm REALLY looking forward to relaxing and taking some time to get some stuff done.  I want to try and vlog (if I remember) and get my MFP all re-set up.......

Y E E H A W

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

ACCURATE MOOD ahead of the long weekend....

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

DEFINITELY 

giphy.gif

I use this quote all the time in my everyday life because phew, it kinda fits NO MATTER when it is, in my chaos existence..... 

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

VLOG VLOG VLOG x

I WILL DO MY BEST!!

Hi guys, happy Wednesday night, I had my 90 minute deep tissue massage after work and lordy am I gonna be SORE tomorrow, but I'm grateful for the recovery...

tenor.gif?itemid=11693892

Tomorrow is Thursday OR PRE-FRIDAY as I like to call it... full work day and I'm going to Trader Joe's at lunch to pick up LOTS OF AMAZING THINGS LIKE - shit I forgot my list at work think loire - Thai yellow curry sauce - frozen Argentinian shrimp - PROSCIUTTO BURATTA AND SPINACH FLATBREAD my gosh I had this once and it was a m a z i n g - CARNITAS - and much more y'all I love food, so much....

(so remember to start tracking it next week mwahahaaa...)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, loire said:

I use this quote all the time in my everyday life because phew, it kinda fits NO MATTER when it is, in my chaos existence..... 

I WILL DO MY BEST!!

hahaha me too!! Have you read the book? Just as good as the film :)

Ok ok, ill look out for it hehe ❤️ xx

• Like 1

Following along for all the awesomeness, but especially the boxing awesomeness.

I tried boxing many, many years ago, but I was too weak to hold the gloves up in front of my face for more than about 30 seconds, so I decided getting punched repeatedly in the face was not my favorite sport so I quit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, loire said:

I want to try and vlog (if I remember)

5 hours ago, loire said:

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

VLOG VLOG VLOG x

I WILL DO MY BEST!!

If this goes up, and i'm gonna miss it again (like with the broiler pics AND the pear-gorgonzola-walnu-pizza pics)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor break the internet gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor like for real gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor super saiyan funny gif

(also cause every excuse to post this CENA gif is a good excuse)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, Salinger said:

hahaha me too!! Have you read the book? Just as good as the film :)

Ok ok, ill look out for it hehe ❤️ xx

I haven't read the book yet!

On 2/12/2020 at 9:50 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you ever do come to my part of Texas you will not be disappointed...

Two words: breakfast tacos??

On 2/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Following along for all the awesomeness, but especially the boxing awesomeness.

I tried boxing many, many years ago, but I was too weak to hold the gloves up in front of my face for more than about 30 seconds, so I decided getting punched repeatedly in the face was not my favorite sport so I quit. 

Yeah the get punched part p much no bueno...

I remember one of the biggest hits I ever took in Taekwondo, a roundhouse kick to the side of my head that lifted me up, spun me in the air, and landed me face down on the ground like a starfish.  I'm amazed I wasn't concussed...........

On 2/13/2020 at 3:05 AM, Mr_Willes said:

If this goes up, and i'm gonna miss it again (like with the broiler pics AND the pear-gorgonzola-walnu-pizza pics)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor break the internet gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor like for real gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor super saiyan funny gif

(also cause every excuse to post this CENA gif is a good excuse)

On 2/13/2020 at 10:46 AM, starsapart said:

I feel like I have never seen one of your vlogs and now I think I should rectify this because you've got such a fun personality so I bet they're awesome!!

GONNA VLOG

WILL TRY FOR TOMORROW

BLESS

Hi guys it is day 1 of my 4 day weekend and I've slept in and gone candle shopping, and got some candles, and ALSO got a bluetooth sound-thing-speaker that I can play my own music on or choose from a variety of soothing sounds like - OCEAN - SUMMER NIGHT - AND OTHERS.  I used to have a sound machine yeeeeeears ago and my favorite sound was - TRAIN - like a steam train rolling through the woods, 'cause I used to live near train tracks and it was v nostalgic, but I also listened to it SO CLOSELY that I found the exact spot where it looped and it eventually drove me nutty.......... so HOPEFULLY I won't do that again.

I'm still super achy from my massage visit so I think I'll gym tomorrow and maybe go watch the original SAW or something, hey that's a great Valentine's movie right??? :3 :3

giphy.gif

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, loire said:

Hi guys it is day 1 of my 4 day weekend and I've slept in and gone candle shopping, and got some candles, and ALSO got a bluetooth sound-thing-speaker that I can play my own music on or choose from a variety of soothing sounds like - OCEAN - SUMMER NIGHT - AND OTHERS.  I used to have a sound machine yeeeeeears ago and my favorite sound was - TRAIN - like a steam train rolling through the woods, 'cause I used to live near train tracks and it was v nostalgic, but I also listened to it SO CLOSELY that I found the exact spot where it looped and it eventually drove me nutty.......... so HOPEFULLY I won't do that again.

I'm still super achy from my massage visit so I think I'll gym tomorrow and maybe go watch the original SAW or something, hey that's a great Valentine's movie right??? :3 :3

Sounds lovely day so far :)

SAW is amazing, well the original. Love the music too... charlie clouser does it, he was in nine inch nails :o very cool. 

Have you seen My Bloody Valentine? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179891

I watched it years ago on V day with my gf hahahahhah so good/shit/gorey :)

xx

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salinger said:

Sounds lovely day so far :)

SAW is amazing, well the original. Love the music too... charlie clouser does it, he was in nine inch nails :o very cool. 

Have you seen My Bloody Valentine? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179891

I watched it years ago on V day with my gf hahahahhah so good/shit/gorey :)

xx

Oh wow, I never knew that about the SAW music!!

I don't think I've seen that one..... hmhmhm, I remember a horror movie with a similar title, but it took place in an old coal mine???

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ok I'm looking back and forth between these two menus like a spectator at a tennis match

I can't choose what I'd have for breakfast because there are so many amazing options that it makes me a little forlorn, and dude I bet the brisket at that Blanco place is UNREEEAAALLLLL

Good good morning friends!! ❤️❤️ 

I had a great day yesterday, no fitnessing alas (because shark week decided to literally show up A WEEK EARLY and I feel like I've been hit by a bus), but I did take care of myself and watch some movies - half of Ferris Bueller's Day Off Because Classic, and I was going to watch Saw but instead I decided to finally try something new and watched the Hulu original They Come Knocking.  It was okay-ish! A few good scares.

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM with trying to find new movies to watch, I'll sit and scroll and think and hem and haw and be like, what if I start this and don't LIKE IT, and waste all my time hawing over it all.  HELP HELP

I also used my new sound machine when I went to bed and it was pretty great, I'm a fan of white noise and it conked me right the heck out, and shut off after 30 minutes too.  SUCCESS!

[edit] I forgot to write about the actual reason I made this post ahaha - 

I HAVE RESTARTED USING MY FITNESS PAL AS OF TODAY

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/elrohiir

I hate logging so any cheering on would be hella appreciated. ❤️ 

• Like 7

HELLO FRIENDS I DID IT

1. Yes there is a big black smudge of eyeliner on my left eyelid because I am a disaster

2. I think it's time for a new phoooone... ;_; There are a few bits where my audio and video don't quite sync and augh.  I have had mine for like 4 years so ?? ? ????

ANYWAYS GOTTA GO EAT LUNCH BYE

• Like 6