» loire reaps what she sows [rebuild chronicles; omake anniversary special!~]

shaar

1 hour ago, loire said:

(People here will hoard bread and milk a lot, like, hey, these things are perishable, why not spaghettios??)

oh and there is no pasta. :D I barely snagged a thing of spaghetti. And our tap water is drinkable, but people are buying water anyway. Like, people? The virus isn't spreading in the water supply, and isn't airborne, just wash your damn hands and don't touch your face.

(though panic seems to be going down, fake info is flooding everyone like that game broken telephone)

1 hour ago, loire said:

I've made a big and kind of terrifying decision and have told my job I'm self-quarantining for 2 weeks due to my moms health and for her sake - she's super immune suppressed and her doctor's real worried for her and how fast everything is spreading here.

Good call. 

• Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

On 3/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, loire said:

wipe your ass

I wonder how many people will install a bidet as a result of this situation?  Internet says sales are up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 3/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, Salinger said:

Loire, thats really really sensible, good job. Hope work are comforting to you and support the decision. Let us know when you can love :)

Will think about you and your mum and hope everything works out. 

Do you have stuff to do in isolation? I know you can play games till your heart is content :D other stuff? How is Finn?

Sorry for all the questions haha 

xx

Thank you - it was a really really hard thing to step up and say to the bosses, phew.  It all worked out, though, details below~

SO many games - books - movies - TV shows! I'll definitely have plenty to do.. my boxing club has extended free online workouts to everyone too for 30 days so I'm going to hop on that tomorrow!! 

Finn is ASLEEP on my bed haha, not a care in the world that one......... ❤️

On 3/17/2020 at 12:30 PM, Echoceanic said:

oh and there is no pasta. :D I barely snagged a thing of spaghetti. And our tap water is drinkable, but people are buying water anyway. Like, people? The virus isn't spreading in the water supply, and isn't airborne, just wash your damn hands and don't touch your face.

(though panic seems to be going down, fake info is flooding everyone like that game broken telephone)

Good call. 

Water is all gone at our store too, we have a Brita filter here so I'm not worried about that, but holy heck people.

Pasta is pretty close to out here too!!! Pasta, canned goods, rice...........

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I wonder how many people will install a bidet as a result of this situation?  Internet says sales are up.

How EUROPEAN of you!  Oo la la~

Y'all these sure are crazy times huh??

So I sent an email to my boss and HR manager yesterday stating my case - boss was in meetings all day 'cause Everything is Chaos so said she would call me by end of day.  IT WAS A LONG STRESSFUL DAY.  I was convinced I was gonna get fired (ofc, thanks brain) but we talked and due to the virus AND our business being pretty much dead right now - no one wants anyone in their home unless it's an emergency, and I feel that - we are temporarily cutting our admin and technician staff for right now, 3-ish weeks and will re-evaluate at that time.  I was fully prepared to take 3 weeks away with no pay but our office is going to keep our health insurance going for us AND also let us get temporary layoff/unemployment benefits which is HUGE, something I wasn't prepared for.  We had a long talk about everything and I'll be going in on Saturdays for a few hours each weekend to take care of my specific duties so those things will keep running smoothly, and I'll be able to bank those hours as PTO for the future so win/win.  Right now it's me and about half of the office staff that are doing this - mostly those of us with immuno-suppressed family members at home or that don't live paycheck to paycheck/have families to provide for, and about 1/3 of our technical staff.  If the quarantine goes longer than we are planning for, because honestly no one has any idea right now, they'll rotate those of us that are out, in, so everyone works together and has an even chance at everything.

I put a claim in for my temp unemployment this morning and everything is really surreal.

I'm really, really, really grateful that all of this is happening, and also that I have the financial ability to be able to step back like this without suffering serious consequences.  It will be difficult but manageable.

It's so weird to not:

- Set my alarm in the morning

- Have a schedule and kinda sleep in every day??

- Have no real agenda........... at all.  

I went to the grocery store today and managed to get away with some STEALS, mainly fish sticks and curly fries, HOW NUTRITIOUS ~ ~ :3  I'm officially the only one allowed to leave the house now, mom is staying indoors and whenever I come home I'm Lysoling everything I bring with me, immediately showering, and washing my clothes.  I can't be too careful with her and honestly, if I'm being given this time to isolate, while I'm not panicking by ANY stretch of imagination I am absolutely taking this very seriously for her sake.  My main priority is keeping her well.

PHEW

Also I've been hashbrown blessed to have been in close communication with SO many of my friends lately, from work, from the internet, from everywhere - we are all in the same boat and it's comforting and reassuring to be able to rally together and soothe each other's anxieties as best as we can, even if it's just by chatting. ❤️

THAT TOOK UP A LOT OF SPACE, more tomorrow!!! I HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL!!!!!! <3333333

• Like 7

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

I'm glad things are going well for you and that you're able to do what you need to and that your employer is being supportive.  Sounds like a good place to work for!

If you're really hard up for something to do, you could always learn to play the ukulele.  🙂

• Like 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

very, very good attitude, loire. and I wish you all the luck

its crazy how many people's work situation is being altered by this. !

as a refinery we might soon go in shutdown.  Turns out we're not selling as much gasoline!  anyways... All Kinds of bother a quick shutdown brings to a gasoline refinery.  and normally its a big event with huge crews of people and tons of supplies!

so...

lots of ruckus All over the place!

and sorry for jacking your thread over this; but I'm very glad you had a good (Negotiation?) with your boss,  and a situation that's good for you.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 3/19/2020 at 1:52 AM, loire said:

It's so weird to not:

- Set my alarm in the morning

- Have a schedule and kinda sleep in every day??

- Have no real agenda........... at all.  

It is surprisingly challenging to keep from sitting on the couch the entire day gaming and mainstreaming snacks.  YOU can do it, though :)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

We have literally got this set up for the kids, and i'm really glad we did that:

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

Wake up, wash, dress, play / Breakfast and cleaning up / School or Work activity / Fresh air, bicycle, walk, outside play

Lunch and clean up / School or Work activity / Free to play, tinkering, read, etc / Play outside, or be active inside

Game or Tv Time / Cook together, dinner, cleaning up / De-stress, reading, yoga, etc / Bedtime

It works out super for the kids, and for us to. It also breaks up the day in parts, which works wonders for my mental health! Sometimes kids stuff is best for adults!

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

I'm glad things at work worked out! And i'm glad you had the opportunity to save up. It's always nice to be flexible in times like these.

If this happened 2 years ago things would have been much harder on us, we had depleted our reserves pretty much. We back now, though!

Take good care of your mom, and don't let anyone tell you what to do. Just do the things you think are necessary! But seeing we both the same age i think you won't let them!

Hang in there! And keep us posted!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

... a little odd in the head ...

5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I'm glad things at work worked out! And i'm glad you had the opportunity to save up. It's always nice to be flexible in times like these.

If this happened 2 years ago things would have been much harder on us, we had depleted our reserves pretty much. We back now, though!

Take good care of your mom, and don't let anyone tell you what to do. Just do the things you think are necessary! But seeing we both the same age i think you won't let them!

Hang in there! And keep us posted!

That's so accurate. It's a lot harder when you're worried about finances. Between buying a house and having some job/money opportunities not work out the way they were supposed to, we have completely wrecked our savings and I literally am mostly ignoring the state of our credit cards. 

Until literally yesterday I was terrified of how we'd function if my husband was pulled out of work (he's at autozone). But they said that they don't plan on shutting down unless absolutely necessary and if they do he'll get paid his contracted hours (25/wk). Less than normal since he works his butt off, but enough to make it through ❤️ And my boss is the nicest human on the planet and I don't think he'd fire me unless the business was going under. 

(Just so you guys don't worry about us) 

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

Hi everyone, thanks for checking in!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH ❤️❤️ 

Gosh, times sure are weird, huh?? The biggest news is that my temp unemployment went through and I'm going to be getting about 2/3 of my weekly pay each week until this all blows over.

I'm still stunned, I was for sure expecting just to sit it out and rely on my own savings.  Plus, the hours I -do- work from home keeping my things going I'll be able to bank as PTO.

W I L D.

I'm still pretty stressed but kind of normalizing everything, well, as normal as one can make all of *gestures vaguely at the outside world*  I've been home for a week now and I'm feeling fine, and more importantly, so is my mom.  Just gotta keep doing what we're doing..........

This challenge was kinda a BUST and I'm frankly not sure what I'm going to do for the next one, but we'll see...... ❤️ 

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

21 hours ago, loire said:

This challenge was kinda a BUST and I'm frankly not sure what I'm going to do for the next one, but we'll see...... ❤️

I think a lot of us are here with you. My next one is basically going to be bare bones basics of keeping anxiety at bay.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire