Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

Well anyway, we're not voting to get rid of third base because that would render pointless three of the five life skills I've actually managed to master and I'm not having that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Why the third base hate!?

I have so many reasons.

Spoiler

I don't like the slurpy noises. I get physically cold after the closeness of second base, and I'm like" wait, lemme wrap myself in a blanket like a fajita" I've had a lot of gyno exams after having my ovaries and cysts removed, so it's a total mood killer to be like "Baby you look just like my doctor ramming his fingers up me to search for abnormalities."  Which is weird, not sexy, and incredibly boring.

And ANOTHER total mood killer for me is that if I say "I don't like that" the response I get is "Well, you haven't had ME" and I just want to [Batman Smack] them and be like "What did I just say? I said I don't like it!" 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

And ANOTHER total mood killer for me is that if I say "I don't like that" the response I get is "Well, you haven't had ME" and I just want to [Batman Smack] them and be like "What did I just say? I said I don't like it!" 

Well this is a whole other deal right here. Anyone who tries to convince you you like something when you've clearly told them you don't needs to leave you the heck alone forever. 

I don't like the slurpy noises. I get physically cold after the closeness of second base, and I'm like" wait, lemme wrap myself in a blanket like a fajita" I've had a lot of gyno exams after having my ovaries and cysts removed, so it's a total mood killer to be like "Baby you look just like my doctor ramming his fingers up me to search for abnormalities."  Which is weird, not sexy, and incredibly boring.

I can see why after that sort of experience it wouldn't be the sexiest thing for you. I do hope you have a very long list of things you do like very much, everyone needs one of those lists. 

Spoiler

Also, interestingly, when I was extolling the virtues of third base I was thinking more about giving than receiving, although I also like to do that too, that is also very good fun. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, deftona said:

Well this is a whole other deal right here. Anyone who tries to convince you you like something when you've clearly told them you don't needs to leave you the heck alone forever. 

AGREED

I can see why after that sort of experience it wouldn't be the sexiest thing for you. I do hope you have a very long list of things you do like very much, everyone needs one of those lists. 

I do have a very long list of things I like and enjoy very much!

Hide contents

Also, interestingly, when I was extolling the virtues of third base I was thinking more about giving than receiving, although I also like to do that too, that is also very good fun. 

That IS interesting! It's been a while for me, but I don't really mind giving but that's more of a special moment and not really on the usual menu of shared delights :D 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I do have a very long list of things I like and enjoy very much!

Good! Never let anyone deviate from this list again with their "you only don't like it because you ain't had me" bullshit, that made me very angry indeed.

• Thanks 1

the response I get is "Well, you haven't had ME"

bilbofinger.gif.ac0a7e997ec818a04c93e5ea216121b9.gif

11 minutes ago, deftona said:

Never let anyone deviate from this list again with their "you only don't like it because you ain't had me" bullshit, that made me very angry indeed.

THIS. So much this. THIS SQUARED. This SO VERY MUCH that it pulled me out of typical lurker silence on this thread to say how much I *really* hate that bullshit :angry: Ugh.

Anyway. What were we talking about again? Baseball? 

• Like 2

hröa Periano, sanar Eldaro, fëa Núnatano

(body of a Hobbit, mind of an Elf, soul of a Dúnadan)

Memories of a former Age [ 1 |  2 ]  ~  Return from Mandos [ respawn ]

Recent sojourns in Middle-earth { 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |

14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 2829 | 30 | 31 | 32 ]

[ Current: Metamorphosis ]   ~   [ Tracking spreadsheet ]   ~   [ Instagram ]

The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.  ~ Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Good! Never let anyone deviate from this list again with their "you only don't like it because you ain't had me" bullshit, that made me very angry indeed.

True. Anyone who would pull that crap is totally out of line, and needs a lot of head-removing-from-sphincter procedures before they are fit for society.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 2/25/2020 at 6:40 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I am not very good at this game seeing how the last time I played it, the "risque" questions were things like "have you ever been to third base?" :D  I'm trying to think of what kinds of questions you ask people who have been around the block more than twice... 

I am happy to field questions for the Waffles next

What is the most illegal thing you've ever done?

• Like 1
Spoiler

On 2/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, deftona said:

So... have you been to third base? Just kidding :) 

China or the USA?

Woah, that's a tough question.  On paper, I would have to say the US, because I can't really point to much about China that I prefer over the US.  That said, I am not sure we would move back if I had the chance so there is certainly something compelling about this place.  Something that I can't really identify or specify, but something definitely real.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:
On 2/25/2020 at 5:27 PM, Terah said:

I did not know either, and also not a fan of third base :D 

I’m glad I’m not the only one! 

That's because neither of you ever had ME!

Wait, why is everyone looking at me like that???

[flips to page 3]

Oh!

Seriously, though, having a good third baseman makes all the difference in the world ;) 

2 hours ago, Terah said:

What is the most illegal thing you've ever done?

Hooboy, that one is a doozy.  I have done a fair amount of shady stuff over my career, most of which I should't be admitting to in a public forum.  The one that comes to mind that I can mention is smuggling a large amount of cash (>$100K) across an international border.  Unrelated to that, I have also been deported from a certain country (not the US or China) for "illegal activity", but this sounds more interesting that it actually was.

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

12 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Woah, that's a tough question.  On paper, I would have to say the US, because I can't really point to much about China that I prefer over the US.  That said, I am not sure we would move back if I had the chance so there is certainly something compelling about this place.  Something that I can't really identify or specify, but something definitely real.

That's fair!

Seriously, though, having a good third baseman makes all the difference in the world ;)

only if you enjoy it in the first place :) [Batman Smack]

12 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hooboy, that one is a doozy.  I have done a fair amount of shady stuff over my career, most of which I should't be admitting to in a public forum.  The one that comes to mind that I can mention is smuggling a large amount of cash (>$100K) across an international border.  Unrelated to that, I have also been deported from a certain country (not the US or China) for "illegal activity", but this sounds more interesting that it actually was.

I've got popcorn and I'm listening

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm with Snarky.  I think you missed a few details.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Unrelated to that, I have also been deported from a certain country (not the US or China) for "illegal activity", but this sounds more interesting that it actually was.

Did this involve a certain two year commitment involving ties, short sleeved shirts, and bicycles? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Did this involve a certain two year commitment involving ties, short sleeved shirts, and bicycles? 

Haha, nope. It wasn't that.  It did have to do with SARS, though...

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I've got popcorn and I'm listening

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I'm with Snarky.  I think you missed a few details.  

Deets tomorrow morning when I do my regular update ;) 

• Like 2

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I think since everyone else joined the Waffles we've gone through all the Pancakes and now I am up again. 

So for the second time, Waffles, hit me with your pet shark

Image result for hit me with your pet shark gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, deftona said:

I think since everyone else joined the Waffles we've gone through all the Pancakes and now I am up again. 

Stones or Beatles?
If you like both, pick your favorite.

If you dislike both, pick the one you dislike the most.

If you picked one you like, which band member would you want to have a drink with?

If you don't like either, which band member would be the most tolerable to have a drink with?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Stones or Beatles?
If you like both, pick your favorite.

If you dislike both, pick the one you dislike the most.

If you picked one you like, which band member would you want to have a drink with?

If you don't like either, which band member would be the most tolerable to have a drink with?

Stones. The Beatles are basically ok but they annoy the shit out of me. I much prefer them when they'd gone a bit off the rails on the drugs.

I'd have a drink with Mick Jagger in his heyday and pull out all my best flirting techniques and try very hard to shag him. 

• Like 5

Stones. The Beatles are basically ok but they annoy the shit out of me. I much prefer them when they'd gone a bit off the rails on the drugs.

The boyband phase of The Beatles doesn't do much for me but the later stuff I enjoy. There's only a couple of Stones songs I enjoy (Paint it Black being the main one). Sympathy for the devil has way to many hoo hoos in the background.

Current Challenge

Here's the story behind the two items listed above.  Full disclosure, I don't think they are nearly as exciting as the trailer made them sound ;) 

Spoiler

Deportation:  I was living in Hong Kong when SARS hit (If you recall, Hong Kong was the epicenter of that one) so my company sent me to Korea to work on a project there.  The project didn't really need me, but it was more an excuse just to get me out of the country.  As a US Citizen, I can enter Korea without a visa and remain for 30 days.  When arranging for my return trip, I mistakenly thought that the time limit was one month, which astute readers will know may not be exactly equal to 30 days.  When I got to the airport to leave the country, the ticketing agent called over the the airport security who took me aside into a back room for some "interrogation", which consisted of asking my if I knew that I had overstayed my allowable time and why. They explained that what I had done was (overstay my allowable time by 2 days) was in violation of international law and that I needed to sign a declaration of guilt and pay a fine (about W20,000 or $20) and then sign another affidavit acknowledging that I was being formally expelled from the country.   After that I was free to board my plane and go back to Hong Kong.  I have no idea how/if that may impact future visits, but I have never been back to Korea since.

Cash Mule:  When I quite my job in Hong Kong and decided to move to China to learn Chinese, my then wife (now ex) decided she didn't want to leave our money in Hong Kong bu we didn't have a bank account in China yet (neither of us had ever even been there for more than a few days).  Leaving the money in HK until we had everything set up and then having it transferred was not something she wanted to do because she was not willing to pay the bank transfer fees.  So we pullled all of our savings out of the bank (more than $100K but less than $500K worth of HK$) and we carried it with us on the plane.  I was not about to put that into checked luggage, but the airport scanners are designed to check for large stacks of bills as well as various dangerous items.  If I left everything in one big stack, I was sure it would be identified and seized, so I broke it down into tons and tons of tiny stacks and stashed it all of my person and throughout my carry on luggage.  We were able to get through customs without any problems. and I simply made small regular deposits into my new bank account in Beijing once we had that set up.  

The follow up to this story is that after we got divorced, I gave her all of our savings (of which we hadn't used much) and she tried to do the same thing on the way out of the country.  She apparently forgot about the scanners, though, and just stuffed the wad into her carry-on.  Unsurprisingly, it was found and confiscated by customs, so I had to spend a few months fighting with customs to get the money back for her (less a significant fine)

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here's the story behind the two items listed above.  Full disclosure, I don't think they are nearly as exciting as the trailer made them sound ;) 

Hide contents

Deportation:  I was living in Hong Kong when SARS hit (If you recall, Hong Kong was the epicenter of that one) so my company sent me to Korea to work on a project there.  The project didn't really need me, but it was more an excuse just to get me out of the country.  As a US Citizen, I can enter Korea without a visa and remain for 30 days.  When arranging for my return trip, I mistakenly thought that the time limit was one month, which astute readers will know may not be exactly equal to 30 days.  When I got to the airport to leave the country, the ticketing agent called over the the airport security who took me aside into a back room for some "interrogation", which consisted of asking my if I knew that I had overstayed my allowable time and why. They explained that what I had done was (overstay my allowable time by 2 days) was in violation of international law and that I needed to sign a declaration of guilt and pay a fine (about W20,000 or $20) and then sign another affidavit acknowledging that I was being formally expelled from the country.   After that I was free to board my plane and go back to Hong Kong.  I have no idea how/if that may impact future visits, but I have never been back to Korea since.

Cash Mule:  When I quite my job in Hong Kong and decided to move to China to learn Chinese, my then wife (now ex) decided she didn't want to leave our money in Hong Kong bu we didn't have a bank account in China yet (neither of us had ever even been there for more than a few days).  Leaving the money in HK until we had everything set up and then having it transferred was not something she wanted to do because she was not willing to pay the bank transfer fees.  So we pullled all of our savings out of the bank (more than $100K but less than $500K worth of HK$) and we carried it with us on the plane.  I was not about to put that into checked luggage, but the airport scanners are designed to check for large stacks of bills as well as various dangerous items.  If I left everything in one big stack, I was sure it would be identified and seized, so I broke it down into tons and tons of tiny stacks and stashed it all of my person and throughout my carry on luggage.  We were able to get through customs without any problems. and I simply made small regular deposits into my new bank account in Beijing once we had that set up.  

The follow up to this story is that after we got divorced, I gave her all of our savings (of which we hadn't used much) and she tried to do the same thing on the way out of the country.  She apparently forgot about the scanners, though, and just stuffed the wad into her carry-on.  Unsurprisingly, it was found and confiscated by customs, so I had to spend a few months fighting with customs to get the money back for her (less a significant fine)

I still think this sounds pretty exiting 😯

• Like 1
Spoiler