Salinger's twenty ninth challenge!

Salinger

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

Thank you. No dry milk at the shops, but got cat litter and normal milk and some bread. and cat food. 

Could do with nipping round to our corner shop and asking what their plans are because its where i top up the gas card...and if we are stuck with no gas then thats going to be bad!!!

Ill be honest with you Jason, im not feeling very good. On the surface, i am ok....but only JUST being able to keep the nasties away. If that makes sense? If i stop for a moment, i can feel it bubbling under my skin. Ready to pounce. Im conscious of the fact i could fall apart, mentally, due to this. 

But im trying hard to keep focused. Its not forever, this isolation. Its just for a few months. *hopefully*

Maybe its a chance to read more/watch films/get better at my KB workouts/increase my plank time/make some videos for future exhibitions...

On the other hand im finding it tough to move from the sofa. Like seriously lack of energy and motivation to do ANYTHING. 

AGAIN, i need to realise and accept that motivation for working comes later in the day usually (around 4pm) and thats alright, just need measures in place for that. I can work late in the days, and maybe watch films/read or whatever earlier in the day. 

Very very strange times at the moment of course, and its about working out the best way to stay as sane and zen as possible to get through this. xx

I understand

I'm not feeling VERY good right now either.  I miss my gym.  that was a real cornerstone of my life and now I am trying to abruptly change things and build enthusiasm and passion for what happens next.

but I think if I can DRAG myself to give detail to the next program it will help a lot.  there is SO much power in momentum and whats devastating in a situation like this- where so much has been cancelled and stopped; is that Momentum is missing.

I'll be honest with you; this weekend I had to withdraw a little (from everyone) and get right in my head.

I did that and it helped!  I feel more social and able to listen to people.  I think people are going through a lot right now and I hope to be able to help.

the hard thing is trying to figure out ; what to say?

just empathetically, I'm interested in listening and wishing you better mental health.  the mind demons will be wanting to make the most of THIS opportunity BUT we are stronger then we feel.

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I understand

I'm not feeling VERY good right now either.  I miss my gym.  that was a real cornerstone of my life and now I am trying to abruptly change things and build enthusiasm and passion for what happens next.

but I think if I can DRAG myself to give detail to the next program it will help a lot.  there is SO much power in momentum and whats devastating in a situation like this- where so much has been cancelled and stopped; is that Momentum is missing.

I'll be honest with you; this weekend I had to withdraw a little (from everyone) and get right in my head.

I did that and it helped!  I feel more social and able to listen to people.  I think people are going through a lot right now and I hope to be able to help.

the hard thing is trying to figure out ; what to say?

just empathetically, I'm interested in listening and wishing you better mental health.  the mind demons will be wanting to make the most of THIS opportunity BUT we are stronger then we feel.

Sorry you dont feel good Jason.  I think you mentioned having stuff at home to work out with?? Do you still? If so can you make some sort of circuit?

I feel so much more tired when i have to isolate, reminds me of being in crisis emotionally. 

Im glad that that helped you :) and thanks a lot  - im here for you too xx

________

Hey its almost 3pm. I havent done much which is 'ok' im sure. Its a long slog this, so being conscious like i said, about time and wellbeing is important. 

My friend has to close his bar and im trying to support him, as well as my friend in Italy who has been isolated for weeks now. 

As well as look after myself of course. 

I havent eaten much except a stupid burger leftover from last night and heated up which made me feel sick tbh. 

Ill drink some water and hope to feel better. I know its anxiety sickness mostly. 

Im starting a list of films i want to watch. Which ill try get through a few a week. But i get extremely stressed out about STARTING a film, no clue why, i worry i wont be able to concentrate. But enjoy it once im 'in' the film. Stupid i know. SO far i have these....

FILMS NEW

• Portrait of a Lady on Fire
  • Uncut Gems
  • Booksmart
  • Midsommer
  • Us
  • Horse Girl
  • The Lighthouse
  • Parasite
  • The ground beneath my feet
  • Manchester by the sea
  • Marriage Story
  • The house that Jack built

FILMS OLD

• Wild strawberries
  • The Seventh Seal
  • Persona
  • Zerograd
  • Through a Glass Darkly
  • Dancer in the Dark 

So MANY FILMS :)

Also want to read more too...but cant choose a book. AHAH x

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

but cant choose a book

Haha :) 

Just today I was buying online a book F. needs to read for school. Libraries are closed, so buying is only way to get it on paper. And as pretty everything is closed, buying online is only way... sigh.

Anyway - I needed to add some other book to reach total for free delivery. So I bought myself Icelandic language course. Just in case we decide to emigrate. 

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

3 minutes ago, aramis said:

Haha :) 

Just today I was buying online a book F. needs to read for school. Libraries are closed, so buying is only way to get it on paper. And as pretty everything is closed, buying online is only way... sigh.

Anyway - I needed to add some other book to reach total for free delivery. So I bought myself Icelandic language course. Just in case we decide to emigrate. 

Wow how cool. I assume thats a mega difficult language to learn!? :o 

I get so stressed out about picking a book ahaha i dont even know why!? 

xx

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Salinger said:

mega difficult language

IDK. It sounded OK when we visited Iceland. It's scandinavian language, so vaguely similar to English/German I think. For sure easier than Polish :D It has four level flexion (like German), we have seven level ;)

• That's Metal 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

6 minutes ago, aramis said:

IDK. It sounded OK when we visited Iceland. It's scandinavian language, so vaguely similar to English/German I think. For sure easier than Polish :D It has four level flexion (like German), we have seven level ;)

Im excited to hear about this new cool adventure. You are a rock star!

_______

Ok been through all my books, scanning the shelves, and narrowed it down to three:

Franz Kafka - Metamorphosis (and other stories)

Virginia Woolf - A room of ones own

Raymond Carver - Cathedral (and other stories) 

Would be a re-read of all...but ive not looked at any of these for a long time so relatively new :) xx

• Like 2

Hey morning all. Well its 11am, i was up at 9.30, just lying in bed and texting a few friends. Im not sat on my sofa, my legs are curled up under me and Jacks is sat/laying on my feet hahaha we have my duvet round us too as its cold. A cup of tea is warming me though. 

I didnt sleep much, its that time of the month -

giphy.gif

And i feel lethargic and stressed. 

I also ... feel like im coming down with a cold. :o im sure its JUST a cold. I have a stuffy nose and thats it at the moment mainly. Ive coughed a couple of times but nothing serious. Of course my paranoia makes me believe ill die from coronavirus in 2 weeks...but im trying to stay calm. 

Ive cancelled boxing just to be on the safe side. GUTTED. really gutted because i dont know when ill be able to go back 😢 due to this fucking shitty world isolation. Im sure sooner rather than later the gyms will close. 

I was meant to go to Ste's tonight but he said he has had some shortness of breath...so wise to not go round do you recon?!

Lonely lonely lonely!

Just a bit of a crappy morning tbh. 

Will try to make a list?

- Take meds

- Sort out house plants (one is dying)

- Work on new project

- Open call proposal write up

- Nap

- Self care (watch a film, read a little) 

Not much today, although the work bits will take quite a while. Im not even going to attempt much writing till later though. 

I should exercise really but due to the sharks, it feels impossible right now!! Maybe later ill feel better?!

Sorry for the miserable post xx

• Like 1

sometimes life is tough!

so its really ok to feel bad right now.

---

about ste.  does he have a fever? whats his thoughts??  Shortness of breath is a pretty vague sympom IMHO; but if he had a fever than yeah, its probably not wise...

---

the boxing is ... ofc, crushing.... and I have no words but don't give up on the idea!   you can get back to it.  I wouldn't exercise much with a cold/shark attack* anyways.

❤️ Liz

*well, to the extent that I know what a shark attack is like, which I don't, honestly.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TGP said:

*well, to the extent that I know what a shark attack is like, which I don't, honestly.

This made me laugh so much! Thanks :) 

ste doesnt have a fever no, so do you think it’s ok? So hard to know what to do!!!!!

ive spent the last 2 hours napping and lying on my sofa staring at the ceiling!! 2 months of this?! Bluergh x

• Like 1

This made me laugh so much! Thanks :) 

ste doesnt have a fever no, so do you think it’s ok? So hard to know what to do!!!!!

ive spent the last 2 hours napping and lying on my sofa staring at the ceiling!! 2 months of this?! Bluergh x

There are people coming out with extremely mild symptoms......and a few testing positive that didn’t feel sick.

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

44 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

👀

Im going to create an online art gallery/studio. I will invite the first few people to be part of it...where i will show their work, and then people can submit to be part of it. 

I have set the website up as if its blueprints for room designs...if that makes sense? (will share it asap) 

I have a logo, im going to call this Transmission. Mainly because once this nightmare is over and we go back to 'normality' - i will close the 'gallery' and the site will just show - 

END TRANSMISSION 

heheheheh i am a bit manic so of course, i think im some sort of genius for this idea... hahahaahah ive been in touch with a few artists, who seem to like the idea. And a curator friend is thinking about how we can curate from open calls. So thats cool too. 

What do you think?

:)

xx

• Like 5

Im going to create an online art gallery/studio. I will invite the first few people to be part of it...where i will show their work, and then people can submit to be part of it. 

That sounds really cool. And a really good way to still create now.

Stay safe and take care of yourself. We'll get through this. Once the peak hits and the cases start going down it'll level off. The whole point is to diminish the peak so that hospitals don't get overwhelmed with cases during that time.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

I. LOVE. YOUR. IDEA.  

I can't wait to see it!!!  Sal you are so creative and thoughtful and I'm glad you have a way to express all that online during this chaos~ ❤️

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

58 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

That sounds really cool. And a really good way to still create now.

Stay safe and take care of yourself. We'll get through this. Once the peak hits and the cases start going down it'll level off. The whole point is to diminish the peak so that hospitals don't get overwhelmed with cases during that time.

Thanks Echo. 

You are right... i hope things improve soon but worried its only going to get worse in the coming two months. 

xx

6 minutes ago, loire said:

I. LOVE. YOUR. IDEA.  

I can't wait to see it!!!  Sal you are so creative and thoughtful and I'm glad you have a way to express all that online during this chaos~ ❤️

THANKS LOIRE ❤️

How lovely of you to say !! Hey, if you have any drawings or cool stuff, send them my way! That goes for everyone here, any art you want in the gallery, give me a shout and ill add it! :)

xx

_____

This eve i went to the shop for extra cat food. No cat litter left (i have a bag thankfully) also no MILK, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no meat AT ALL, no frozen chips, no toilet roll, no juice....

On the drive back i almost started sobbing. 

My cough is annoying me now. Its not CONSTANT but its there. As is a stuffy nose. I feel fine though apart from that. 

Im convinced my dad will get it and therefore die. His immune system isnt great due to cancer treatments. 

STRESS. 

Trying to distract with this online gallery thing xx

just saw the good idea.

Go for it, Liz!

----

OTOH

very Hard time shopping and keeping stocked with the neccessities.  lots of self-love. 

regarding your dad, try NOT to do that.

urge him to minimize who he sees.  I'm not yet convinced we're ALL going to get this.

all this economic pain is to Exactly prevent JUST that.

keep in mind; that this hit china in force and only the tiniest proportion of their people got it.

I also think it bears mentioning that many, many of us have parents and relatives with weak immune systems.  my MIL for example, had lung cancer not long ago. 

we can get through this....

• Like 3

Trying to distract with this online gallery thing

If it gets your mind off the bad emotions, do it. Worrying about things you have no influence over is useless, better use your spoons in more productive ways :) 

51 minutes ago, TGP said:

many of us have parents and relatives with weak immune systems

So, so true. And scary. 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

any art you want in the gallery, give me a shout and ill add it!

Ha! Would be great... sadly the only "art" I do is 

DSC_1204.thumb.JPG.0e4a625b17ea19ba38e960c045ff74e3.JPG

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Lethargic, stressed, and paranoid is me too.

Sorry to hear that! Tough isnt it!!

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

love your gallery idea.

Thanks so much Sloth xx

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Your idea sounds amazing! I love that, "END TRANSMISSION", it's so cool even reading about it i'm sure it'll be downright epic brought to life!

THANK YOU MIA :D i hope so i hope so!!! xx

Hey all. My word, its 3am. I went to bed at like 10pm but woke and cant get back to sleep so  i just got up. Made a cuppa. Think im worrying too much. Its fine. 

Jackson is also being naughty and chewing on papers which was rustling and no matter how much i told him to stop, he kept going back. Little idiot. 

Been chatting to my friend in New York, about this gallery idea. He is a curator (the one ill be staying with IF i ever get to go!) he is excited about this idea which is real cool :)

Later today, i am meeting my mate to go through loads of work we have on. The one i am writing that open call for...we will go to his so not out and about. Be good to see him for sure, and get on with work. 

I feel i have MASSES of work and upcoming deadlines which is worrying. Ive been focusing on this new project, but i only have like for instance 7 days to finish one major proposal and send it in :o etc. 

Trying to keep relatively calm - no point panicking about this as well as everything else! 

Everyday is blurring into one dont you think? There seems to be no weekend or anything. Just one long slog haha

Might eat some cheerios :) x

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Salinger said:

if you wana post up baking as artform

Nah. It would be awkward. Besides - it's smoked quark.

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

woke and cant get back to sleep

Sorry to hear that. In times like this I put on headphones with calm, soothing Celtic music and sit in a comfy chair. Sometimes I get sleepy and go back to bed, and if not, I'm at least relaxed :) 

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Everyday is blurring into one dont you think?

I have this feeling for months... It's quite sad, because it means my life isn't exciting anymore. I try to focus on the small, daily wins, but in the long run they all blend in one grayish-brown pulp of... commonness.

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Hello all, 9.15am, been up a couple of hours, its really cold but SUNNY this morning. 

Im tired didnt sleep great again, but i can nap at some point. 

Been working on the website, will share within the hour !!! I think its ok?!

I passed all the food delivery checks by the way yesterday i got a notification, so i can do it...i am very scared. Never done this before and im anxious. There might not be any jobs anyway due to the virus stuff....but i might go out later and see ?! im desperate for some money :(But like i say, im scared cos its new!!!! What if i do it wrong?

xx

• Like 3